Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 01:45 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I don't know the guy and never said that. I know that he stepped forward once his prank got out of control.

Hidden Cameras in DTV Converters? YouTube Hoax Fans Conspiracy Fears | Threat Level | Wired.com
And then in post #82 you said you don't know the guy. Which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 01:46 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Please show me where I can read up on those eye witnesses. Also, why no releasing of ANY footage at all of the supposed plane?
And what happened to the 64 passengers on that "supposed" plane? Vanished into thin air? One of the passengers was conservative author Barbara Olson... where is she? Does her husband know where she is?

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
How come the building didn't collapse?

All kind'sa buildings were collapsing that day.

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've always steered away from those videos myself. However, you might click on my link to discover that SEVERAL high ranking military officials do question the official story. Along with other experts.

When I was in the military I routinely interacted with "high ranking military officials". Based on that experience, the "high ranking military official" credential doesn't really inspire me....just sayin'.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:47 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Most people are interested in the not so obvious answer.
Those who live in reality know the answer already. Terrorists hijacked 4 airplanes and crashed them.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:48 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Then, they should have reported that it was going to collapse to keep their audience tuned in for the actual event.

But they didn't.

That's because the ones who knew it was going to collapse were the perpetrators of the collapse. They just gave the BBC an early heads up.

Buncha damned elitists if ya ask me.
Quote:
ones who knew it was going to collapse were the perpetrators of the collapse
so you are saying the city engineers and the firemen are the perps......

ok then

...Captain Varriale told Chief Coloe and myself that 7 World Trade Center was badly damaged on the south side and definitely in danger of collapse. Chief Coloe said we were going to evacuate the collapse zone around 7 World Trade Center, which we did.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...IC/9110462.PDF

-----------

Captain Chris Boyle
Engine 94 - 18 years

Boyle: ...on the north and east side of 7 it didn’t look like there was any damage at all, but then you looked on the south side of 7 there had to be a hole 20 stories tall in the building, with fire on several floors. Debris was falling down on the building and it didn’t look good.

Firehouse: When you looked at the south side, how close were you to the base of that side?

Boyle: I was standing right next to the building, probably right next to it.

Firehouse: When you had fire on the 20 floors, was it in one window or many?

Boyle: There was a huge gaping hole and it was scattered throughout there. It was a huge hole. I would say it was probably about a third of it, right in the middle of it. And so after Visconti came down and said nobody goes in 7, we said all right, we’ll head back to the command post. We lost touch with him. I never saw him again that day.
http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/911/magazine/gz/boyle.html (broken link)

--------------------

The biggest decision we had to make was to clear the area and create a collapse zone around the severely damaged [WTC Building 7]. A number of fire officers and companies assessed the damage to the building. The appraisals indicated that the building's integrity was in serious doubt.
William Harvey

----------------------

Deputy Chief Peter Hayden
Division 1 - 33 years

...also we were pretty sure that 7 World Trade Center would collapse. Early on, we saw a bulge in the southwest corner between floors 10 and 13, and we had put a transit on that and we were pretty sure she was going to collapse. You actually could see there was a visible bulge, it ran up about three floors. It came down about 5 o’clock in the afternoon, but by about 2 o’clock in the afternoon we realized this thing was going to collapse.

Firehouse: Was there heavy fire in there right away?
Hayden: No, not right away, and that’s probably why it stood for so long because it took a while for that fire to develop. It was a heavy body of fire in there and then we didn’t make any attempt to fight it. That was just one of those wars we were just going to lose. We were concerned about the collapse of a 47-story building there. We were worried about additional collapse there of what was remaining standing of the towers and the Marriott, so we started pulling the people back after a couple of hours of surface removal and searches along the surface of the debris. We started to pull guys back because we were concerned for their safety.
http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/911/magazine/gz/hayden.html (broken link)

------------------

"They told us to get out of there because they were worried about 7 World Trade Center, which is right behind it, coming down. We were up on the upper floors of the Verizon building looking at it. You could just see the whole bottom corner of the building was gone. We could look right out over to where the Trade Centers were because we were that high up. Looking over the smaller buildings. I just remember it was tremendous, tremendous fires going on. Finally they pulled us out. They said all right, get out of that building because that 7, they were really worried about. They pulled us out of there and then they regrouped everybody on Vesey Street, between the water and West Street. They put everybody back in there. Finally it did come down. From there - this is much later on in the day, because every day we were so worried about that building we didn't really want to get people close. They were trying to limit the amount of people that were in there. Finally it did come down." - Richard Banaciski

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHIC/ (broken link)
Banaciski_Richard.txt

-----------------------

"Then we found out, I guess around 3:00 [o'clock], that they thought 7 was going to collapse. So, of course, [we've] got guys all in this pile over here and the main concern was get everybody out, and I guess it took us over an hour and a half, two hours to get everybody out of there. (Q. Initially when you were there, you had said you heard a few Maydays?) Oh, yes. We had Maydays like crazy.... The heat must have been tremendous. There was so much [expletive] fire there. This whole pile was burning like crazy. Just the heat and the smoke from all the other buildings on fire, you [couldn't] see anything. So it took us a while and we ended up backing everybody out, and [that's] when 7 collapsed.... Basically, we fell back for 7 to collapse, and then we waited a while and it got a lot more organized, I would guess." - Lieutenant William Ryan

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHIC (broken link)
/Ryan_William.txt

-------------------------

Hayden: Yeah. There was enough there and we were marking off. There were a lot of damaged apparatus there that were covered. We tried to get searches in those areas. By now, this is going on into the afternoon, and we were concerned about additional collapse, not only of the Marriott, because there was a good portion of the Marriott still standing, but also we were pretty sure that 7 World Trade Center would collapse. Early on, we saw a bulge in the southwest corner between floors 10 and 13, and we had put a transit on that and we were pretty sure she was going to collapse. You actually could see there was a visible bulge, it ran up about three floors. It came down about 5 o’clock in the afternoon, but by about 2 o’clock in the afternoon we realized this thing was going to collapse.

-----------------------

Regarding WTC 7: The long-awaited US Government NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) report on the collapse of WTC 7 is due to be published at the end of this year (although it has been delayed already a few times [ adding fuel to the conspiracy theorists fires!]). That report should explain the cause and mechanics of the collapse in great detail. Early on the afternoon of September 11th 2001, following the collapse of WTC 1 & 2, I feared a collapse of WTC 7 (as did many on my staff).

The reasons are as follows:

1 - Although prior to that day high-rise structures had never collapsed, The collapse of WTC 1 & 2 showed that certain high-rise structures subjected to damage from impact and from fire will collapse.

2. The collapse of WTC 1 damaged portions of the lower floors of WTC 7.

3. WTC 7, we knew, was built on a small number of large columns providing an open Atrium on the lower levels.

4. numerous fires on many floors of WTC 7 burned without sufficient water supply to attack them.

For these reasons I made the decision (without consulting the owner, the mayor or anyone else - as ranking fire officer, that decision was my responsibility) to clear a collapse zone surrounding the building and to stop all activity within that zone. Approximately three hours after that order was given, WTC 7 collapsed.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit.

Regards, Dan Nigro
Chief of Department FDNY (retired)

danielnigro - 911guide

Old 01-15-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And what happened to the 64 passengers on that "supposed" plane? Vanished into thin air? One of the passengers was conservative author Barbara Olson... where is she? Does her husband know where she is?
I don't know. But can you see why we need a new investigation?

Old 01-15-2011, 01:53 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
The point I was trying to make is that it was REPORTED that the building HAD COLLAPSED before the actual collapse. And we're not talking a minute or two, rather 20 plus minutes in ADVANCE of the collapse.
I always liked that bit. What's your hypothesis?

I see two options:

1. Broadcast media, including non-US ones, were given a schedule for the days events and told when and what to report, which they meekly did and never mentioned.
  2. The BBC scr*wed up in the complete chaos that is a city under attack.
Mr. Occam would probably go for #2.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
When I was in the military I routinely interacted with "high ranking military officials". Based on that experience, the "high ranking military official" credential doesn't really inspire me....just sayin'.
A General? Did you routinely interact with a General? And how am I to believe some anon person on the Net routinely acted with "high ranking military officers."?

Old 01-15-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I always liked that bit. What's your hypothesis?

I see two options:

1. Broadcast media, including non-US ones, were given a schedule for the days events and told when and what to report, which they meekly did and never mentioned.
  2. The BBC scr*wed up in the complete chaos that is a city under attack.
Mr. Occam would probably go for #2.
I don't know, but I want to know why in post #71 you said you knew the guy and in post 82 you said you never said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies