Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,362 times

Advertisements

She's a dumb a$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 02:07 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Why is it "horrifying" for white kids to be proud of their ancestry? Why does society tolerate, nay encourage racial pride in minorities and homosexuals yet whites are excluded from this show of pride?
It's perfectly acceptable for whites to take pride in their ancestry, never been to a St. Patrick's Day celebration, a Columbus Day celebration, etc. ?

Old 01-18-2011, 02:35 AM

91 posts, read 192,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Daisy Hernandez is not a member of the NPR staff. She did an opinion piece.

Across America, Latino Community Sighs With Relief : NPR

Daisy Hernandez (no relation to Daniel Hernandez) is the co-editor of Colonize This! Young Women on Today's Feminism.
I fail to see the relevance, it's utter science fiction propagated by a government funded outlet, do you not see the "list" in NPR's corporate ways?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
It's perfectly acceptable for whites to take pride in their ancestry, never been to a St. Patrick's Day celebration, a Columbus Day celebration, etc. ?
Yes that's all well and good but that's about the extent of pride we can have.

Quote:
Toni Valtonen is a Finnish mixed martial artist who fights all around the world for Team Finland in the M-1 Challenge, including two fights in the United States this year. A veteran with a 19-9 record, Valtonen hasn't done much in the ring to distinguish himself from any of the thousands of other athletes who compete in MMA.

But he is now attracting attention for something unrelated to his fighting: Valtonen has a swastika tattooed on his shoulder and the words "white pride" tattooed on his back.
MMA Fighter Toni Valtonen Has Swastika, 'White Pride' Tattoos -- MMA Fighting

His "hateful" tattoos are under scrutiny and fire yet Cain Valasquez who has this tattoo:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/396855/cain_velasquez_medium.jpg (broken link)

That says "Brown Pride" has come under no fire. I'm sure any call for that tattoo to be covered up whilest fighting is "racist" and would surely be condemned. I find it offensive that a man with "White Pride" is asked to cover that tattoo up and apologize for it, yet a man with "Brown Pride" gets a free ride. Where's the consistency? Or is it only shameful and offensive to be proud and white?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Look at the sheep run through this pasture and protect this racist vermin. You Lefties are so damn obvious with your support for anything anti-white.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:53 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
He stated "It's horrifying to imagine kids being proud to be white." There is no context needed for that statement, nor does the rest of the paragraph provide any. That's pretty blatant if you ask me.

Also from personal experience I'm quite sure me uttering "white pride" at my place of work would result in my termination. Yet Hispanic co-workers have had "La Raza" tattoos and the like and have had nothing said to them.

As well as I'm sure I couldn't walk around my office with the right on fist saying Black Power. There are certain slogans from the 50s, 60's and 70s that are not well received in the 21st century. I've heard many complaints about LaRaza as being a racists organization like the NAACP, althought I do not see these entities as promoting racism, I just believe their message is lost in their bias.

As I've stated previously if Parents do not instill in their children to stand up and be proud of their heritage, then you need to take a look at that parent and ask why?

Last edited by blackandproud; 01-18-2011 at 09:15 AM..

Old 01-18-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Yes that's all well and good but that's about the extent of pride we can have.

Sorry, but this is bull. If you allow Society to dictate you showing pride in your history, then you have no one to blame but yourself and not those that complain.
MMA Fighter Toni Valtonen Has Swastika, 'White Pride' Tattoos -- MMA Fighting

His "hateful" tattoos are under scrutiny and fire yet Cain Valasquez who has this tattoo:

That says "Brown Pride" has come under no fire. I'm sure any call for that tattoo to be covered up whilest fighting is "racist" and would surely be condemned. I find it offensive that a man with "White Pride" is asked to cover that tattoo up and apologize for it, yet a man with "Brown Pride" gets a free ride. Where's the consistency? Or is it only shameful and offensive to be proud and white?

Toni's reasoning for the tatoo from what he indicated was not one of Pride, but one of a youths ignorance and now a man that has regrets. Not only does Toni have a Tatoo of a swastika, but he also have the words "Born to Hate".

Toni Valtonen Swastika Tattoo Photos: MMA Star Exposes Tattoos | NowPublic News Coverage
[LEFT]
Quote:
Valtonen could not be reached for comment by FanHouse, but M-1 passed along a statement from him saying, "I had a crazy and rebellious youth, I made some faults in my past and I am not proud of these marks. I regret that I ever had these tattoos made. Nowadays I am a dedicated family man and professional athlete, and I am not involved in any politics whatsoever."

I read Cains reasoning for getting the tatoo and his reason is ridiculous. You would get a swatiska tatooed on your body because you never thought you would make it, I see it as a means to get attention and yes it is a double standard.

Anyone, I mean Anyone that wears a tatoo or hold up a swastika as a indication of pride based upon the history should prepare themselves for any and all backlash.

Last edited by blackandproud; 01-18-2011 at 09:44 AM..

Old 01-18-2011, 09:08 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,879 times
The woman had an agenda and that was Amnesty for Illegal Aliens.

She sees everything through those glasses.

She had to really stretch to find some way to tie-in her agenda with the AZ Shootings because nothing in that story had any racial facet in it.

The part that was really disgusting was:

Quote:
I admit sadly that it was only after I saw the shooter's gringo surname that I was able to go on and read the rest of the news about those who lost their lives on Saturday and those who, like Rep. Giffords, were severely wounded.
Wow....talk about being agenda driven??? How callous!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Look at the sheep run through this pasture and protect this racist vermin. You Lefties are so damn obvious with your support for anything anti-white.
I believe your in the wrong section of C-D, haven't noticed any sheeps in this thread, haven't noticed anyone making excuses for racism and until your post there haven't been any hostile comments either.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
The woman had an agenda and that was Amnesty for Illegal Aliens.

She sees everything through those glasses.

She had to really stretch to find some way to tie-in her agenda with the AZ Shootings because nothing in that story had any racial facet in it.

The part that was really disgusting was:

Wow....talk about being agenda driven??? How callous!

It was a distasteful comment and definitely shows her bias. She may have an agenda concerning Amnesty, but how do you make that correlation from the AZ shooting to her attempt to state the case for Amnesty? Just wondering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies