Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

companion legislation will be introduced in the House specifying those "essential services" of the federal government that would continue to be paid for at current levels should a CR or DR not be passed.

Call it the Essential Services or ES Bill. It will include the standard popular goodies people demand and the Dems scaremonger with: Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and other payments to individuals (but not to government employees - they get nada).

There is an argument over how long or short the ES list of government functions should be. Yet there is little need for it to be overly-long if it is amendable at any time by a simple concurrent resolution.

That way, when the Dems find some cute starving children who will die because of the heartlessly inhuman Republicans' refusal to spend taxpayers' money to save them, the Pubs have the option to add the relevant program to the ES list if the public clamor (not the Dem's) is loud enough.

Keep Obamacare and default, or raise the debt limit and get rid of Obamacare... What is it going to be???

Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
7.8 million Floridians could lose coverage if Republicans succeed to repeal HC bill
Now, this is a real laugh.

They have a ways to go;

Affordable Care Act in Your State: Florida | HealthCare.gov

Quote:
293 Uninsured Florida Residents Enrolled in the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan:
So far, the sign up rate has fallen short of administration predictions by .......almost 98%.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now, this is a real laugh.

They have a ways to go;

Affordable Care Act in Your State: Florida | HealthCare.gov

So far, the sign up rate has fallen short of administration predictions by .......almost 98%.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of really broke people in Fl that cant even afford that health care plan.
I dont know what the answer to that is, I'm heading back to Florida on Thursday, will be watching what Scott does to address the jobs and health care issues with great interest.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Unfortunately, there are a lot of really broke people in Fl that cant even afford that health care plan.
I dont know what the answer to that is, I'm heading back to Florida on Thursday, will be watching what Scott does to address the jobs and health care issues with great interest.
Not just in Florida. The prediction of the sign up rate is off, by almost 98%, in other words, only a little over 2% have signed up.

One reason is the lawsuits/ruling of unconstitutionality by a federal judge. Another is the cost.

Now, if these people can't afford the premiums now, how will they afford it in the future, and if they don't purchase coverage, they will be fined.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post

Scott has already addressed the issue of jobs. He wants to bring Las Vegas style gambling to FL.

FL doesn't have enough low paying service industry jobs that survive on tourism.

I guess he doesn't know Las Vegas has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:04 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
How many times have we seen the Obama administration use fear mongering to forward their agenda?
Typical tactic with the Progressives.
You mean like "death panels"

Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not just in Florida. The prediction of the sign up rate is off, by almost 98%, in other words, only a little over 2% have signed up.

One reason is the lawsuits/ruling of unconstitutionality by a federal judge. Another is the cost.

Now, if these people can't afford the premiums now, how will they afford it in the future, and if they don't purchase coverage, they will be fined.
Thats the thing I had a whole wth moment over, you know?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Scott has already addressed the issue of jobs. He wants to bring Las Vegas style gambling to FL.

FL doesn't have enough low paying service industry jobs that survive on tourism.

I guess he doesn't know Las Vegas has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.
I've been reading about that, that sure isnt the way to cure what ails Florida.
My husband, who is in Florida, has been having a conniption over the whole gambling thing.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:09 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
I'm ok with that. Insurance companies should not be forced to accept pre-existing conditions. They make money off of mitigating risk--they shouldn't be told they HAVE TO take someone high risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
You mean like "death panels"

Nope...he's lied about the possibility of them.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'm ok with that. Insurance companies should not be forced to accept pre-existing conditions. They make money off of mitigating risk--they shouldn't be told they HAVE TO take someone high risk.

Nope...he's lied about the possibility of them.
But then its the taxpayer who is taking on the high risk. That isn't fair. The taxpayer should also get a piece of the profitable low-risk market.

Death panels were a right wing lie. Both sides have been guilty of lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies