Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I wonder if you niggling nabobs would crucify Michelle for having a slice of cake on her birthday.

It's a rhetorical question.

Michelle Antioinette told US to "eat cake".

Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I was being completely sincere.
When one admits ones petty hatreds and prejudices, that is the beginning to the path of enlightenment and wisdom, so says the Dalai Lama, who is undoubtedly one of the wisest beings on the planet.
So you are in a phase of admiting your faults, petty hatreds and prejudices? Great for you! Seriously.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Didn't it say she also had salads & other healthy choices? Or did I misread that?

Nope, I didn't misread: "Not that there weren't salads and all the healthy green stuff you'd expect would be served in the White House"
RWNJs only see what they want to see....

Old 02-09-2011, 10:15 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
If I had to attend a party with the Obama's, I would think the same thing.
Yes, these people would be the last I would want to go to dinner with too, although if invited, I would probably be as polite as I could be and go. Respect the office even if you have no respect for the one holding it.

I read the menu and there were only two things on it that I would care to eat. I love twice baked potato and salad. I love veggies too. I grew up on a farm and it would cost a fortune to buy the groceries and eat the foods we had on a daily basis. We even grew our own pop corn and it was better and bigger than anything I have seen in the stores. I agree that everyone should have a garden and on that note, I think I will go bake a boneless, skinless chicken breast and add carrots and potatoes. This thread is making me hungry. I will add a pink grapefruit to that and make a good meal. I won't be drinking a glass of milk though. I can tolerate just a little milk in my coffee, but my doctor keeps telling me I might want to give that up.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Michelle Antioinette told US to "eat cake".
Actually, she didn't.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
So you are in a phase of admiting your faults, petty hatreds and prejudices? Great for you! Seriously.
I've been on that path most of my adult life.
The older I get, the more I realize what I do not know.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I read the menu and there were only two things on it that I would care to eat. I love twice baked potato and salad. I love veggies too. I grew up on a farm and it would cost a fortune to buy the groceries and eat the foods we had on a daily basis. We even grew our own pop corn and it was better and bigger than anything I have seen in the stores. I agree that everyone should have a garden and on that note, I think I will go bake a boneless, skinless chicken breast and add carrots and potatoes. This thread is making me hungry. I will add a pink grapefruit to that and make a good meal. I won't be drinking a glass of milk though. I can tolerate just a little milk in my coffee, but my doctor keeps telling me I might want to give that up.
We have a lot in common!

Milk is not a great choice for me, either. And while I did not grow up on a farm, I agree everyone should have a garden. My friend is trying to help me plant a small one now.

Maybe Meeshell could encourage gardens??

Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I've been on that path most of my adult life.
The older I get, the more I realize what I do not know.
I do believe there is always something to learn - or at least I hope there is. The day I have nothing to learn will be a sad one for me. Just my opinion.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
No. The difference is irrelevant. The lefties want to deflect from this issue, as usual.

The issue is Michelle Obama made healthy eating her cause and she had a party where she know she would receive media attention and had a host of very unhealthy food items available.

There are no gray areas here.
You know as well as I do that if there was a republican president in office and a republican First Lady had made healthy eating her cause that this would not be an issue with republicans.

Yes, I will admit that if this were the case that people on the left would be jumping all over her for her party menu...but you and other righties, would be tripping over each other to defend her.

Oh, it's just a party they would say...but they eat healthy foods the majority of the time they would say...let them have fun every now and then, etc...etc, etc...

The real issue here is not what the Obama's ate, or didn't eat...the real issue here is just another chance for righties to be critical of the Obama's.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Quote:

Maybe Meeshell could encourage gardens??
She did, and does.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies