Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
All I told you is that I have no desire to read the bill because there should not be a bill. When did it get to be your job to tell me what to do? That is like the government telling a person who bought their own food what to buy and what to eat.
School cafeterias are not supermarkets. They do not and cannot have every possible food there; they can only serve, at most, a range of options. All the child nutrition bill did was to ask for regulations be made that would have those options available be healthy. You are still free to buy and eat what you want from supermarkets and restaurants. And if you don't like what the cafeteria serves, bring your own lunch!

Quote:
I cannot think of anything more personal than telling someone what to eat
I think telling certain people they're not allowed to marry someone they love is a heck of a lot more personal than providing healthier options for children who eat at school cafeterias.

Quote:
I have no desire to see anything the Obama's have anything to do with. That is not ignorance. The thought process of these people is just wrong and I don't want to waste my time with them or you any more.
Opposition for opposition's sake is counterproductive at the best of times. It closes the mind to good, common sense ideas.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Did I somehow give you the impression I care what you think about me? I am truly sorry if I did, because I certainly do not.

And you have it all wrong.

Michelle proposes a standard on everyone that she is not proposing on herself. """

No, she does not. And you can NOT show any proof that she does....why mindlessly lie????

"""Not realizing that is wrong, is kinda....mindless.

I just saw her on TV and have read her words before and NO where did she indicate that any double standard for herself in anyway....and NEVER has...you just hate Michelle and no matter what she did or said certain Repub/neocons would find fault....

Please show where anyone...ANYONE, is forcing ou to eat a vegetable!!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I just saw her on TV and have read her words before and NO where did she indicate that any double standard for herself in anyway....and NEVER has...you just hate Michelle and no matter what she did or said certain Repub/neocons would find fault....

Please show where anyone...ANYONE, is forcing ou to eat a vegetable!!!!
Ok....you win....I just hate Michelle Obama. That is all. Whatever.

And btw - no-one has to force me to eat a vegetable as I am pretty much a vegetarian, despite the fact my husband is a hunter.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Ok....you win....I just hate Michelle Obama. That is all. Whatever.

And btw - no-one has to force me to eat a vegetable as I am pretty much a vegetarian, despite the fact my husband is a hunter.
And the truth shall set you free.
Dont you feel better now?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:54 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And the truth shall set you free.
Dont you feel better now?
Nice try attempting to ignore my sarcasm. Another deflection? Right in tune with the typical leftie!!

Old 02-09-2011, 10:01 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
I really don't care what the Obama's do on a personal basis. If they want to eat lard, I will agree that is their right. You don't have to hate someone to not like their ideas. I do hate the communistic way these people think. I will do everything in my power (which is not very much) to see that nothing of what these people want happens in this free country that my ancestors provided with their blood, sweat and tears. They are trying to control parts of our lives that should not be controlled by the government and they are leaving things undone that should be done. And of course they KNOW so much better than the United States citizens do about anything. I think the president should be a public servant and not a dictator.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Nice try attempting to ignore my sarcasm. Another deflection? Right in tune with the typical leftie!!
I was being completely sincere.
When one admits ones petty hatreds and prejudices, that is the beginning to the path of enlightenment and wisdom, so says the Dalai Lama, who is undoubtedly one of the wisest beings on the planet.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
I agree!

And if they are going to force this healthy eating on people and their children, they need to practice as they preach.

Which they do.

One day of engourging on junk food isn't going to break you.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:05 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm imagining them serving tofu and hummus and I'm thinking, "This party sucks."
If I had to attend a party with the Obama's, I would think the same thing.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Don't die on us. Healthy athletes die at the drop of a hat too from heart attacks that most of us think only effect the "fatties"
Most of the deaths of "healthy" people is due to genetics, not lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies