Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 02:29 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
That is pure win... if only i had the cojones to pull that off :-p

For those 'holier than thou' types out there that believe it's their duty to enforce the speed limit:
-<snip>-

EXCELLENT

+1 to you

Of course the people who do exactly the speed limit will not watch this to see what their actions do......

Did you hear the comment from the one idiot at 2:57 in the video?

Quote:
All I could do was pretend to be busy with my cell phone
This is while he is driving on a highway @ 55MPH

Talk about hypocrite's.....

Last edited by plwhit; 02-11-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 03:39 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
I find it so hilarious that people actually are mad that there are times that they cannot break the law.

It's even funnier because to read what is posted here, people believe it's their RIGHT to break the law, and if someone is preventing it, then that person is doing a bad thing.

If I am in the left lane and passing traffic that's in the right lane, and I am doing the speed limit, you will have to wait till it's clear for me to move over. I am not going to go out of my way to move over, so you can break the law. Sorry, not happening. You can whine all you want, but until I am clear, your just going to have to do the speed limit.

As for the guy who wants to "bump me", have at it. Received professional drivers training years ago when I was in racing. I can definitely handle getting nudged, especially going as slow as 55.

Even though I can handle speeds much faster than 55, and I am running tires and suspension meant to handle much greater speed, I travel the speed limit. Some people here who think it's their G_d given right to do whatever they please need to start receiving tkt's left and right, until either their wallet is depleted,or their driver's license is revoked. That sign isn't a suggestion, it's a requirement.

Maybe instead of raising taxes, they can simply enforce the posted speed limits.. HAHAHAHAHA

Of course if people actually followed the law, most of this thread wouldn't exist.

Last edited by Darkatt; 02-11-2011 at 04:00 PM..

Old 02-11-2011, 04:13 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I find it so hilarious that people actually are mad that there are times that they cannot break the law.

It's even funnier because to read what is posted here, people believe it's their RIGHT to break the law, and if someone is preventing it, then that person is doing a bad thing.

If I am in the left lane and passing traffic that's in the right lane, and I am doing the speed limit, you will have to wait till it's clear for me to move over. I am not going to go out of my way to move over, so you can break the law. Sorry, not happening. You can whine all you want, but until I am clear, your just going to have to do the speed limit.

As for the guy who wants to "bump me", have at it. Received professional drivers training years ago when I was in racing. I can definitely handle getting nudged, especially going as slow as 55.

Even though I can handle speeds much faster than 55, and I am running tires and suspension meant to handle much greater speed, I travel the speed limit. Some people here who think it's their G_d given right to do whatever they please need to start receiving tkt's left and right, until either their wallet is depleted,or their driver's license is revoked. That sign isn't a suggestion, it's a requirement.

Maybe instead of raising taxes, they can simply enforce the posted speed limits.. HAHAHAHAHA

Of course if people actually followed the law, most of this thread wouldn't exist.
I've already pointed out that your stated position was that you could ride in the passing lane all you wanted, as long as you were doing the speed limit, regardless if you were passing or not.

Then you tried to say that in Virginia it was ok to ride in the passing lane when not passing traffic.

When you were proven wrong, you backtracked to the now position of "if I'm passing someone"

I have read few posts where people have said that you should get out of their way if you are actually passing traffic that is moving slower than you.

Most of us are saying that if you are in the passing lane, that you should be passing someone, not just riding there for your own amusement, and to prevent others from breaking the law.

I think its hilarious how you have changed your own position not once, but three times in this very thread, and you keep posting like you're still in the right.

You're in the right now, got it. You can pass people in the left lane if they are going slower than you. Thats your lawful right, and its the rule of the road. Good for you now.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 PM

860 posts, read 2,206,000 times
Regardless of the speed limit, if you are in the left lane and someone is coming up behind you, merge to the right as soon as you can do so safely.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The current speed limits were set by the federal government 38 years ago.
The current speed limit was not set 38 years ago. This is why children should not be allowed to participate in forums.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
What I have is issues with people who set a lousy example for their kids.
Here we go again with one of those "what about the children" posts.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I've already pointed out that your stated position was that you could ride in the passing lane all you wanted, as long as you were doing the speed limit, regardless if you were passing or not.
BUT, you pointed out wrong, NOWHERE did I ever say, I wasn't passing traffic.. You may have felt that's what I said, or interpreted that, but it was never said, or inferred.

Quote:
Then you tried to say that in Virginia it was ok to ride in the passing lane when not passing traffic.
AND technically, that is correct. Not something I do though.

Quote:
When you were proven wrong, you backtracked to the now position of "if I'm passing someone"
I never had to backtrack, because I never stated that I wasn't passing anyone, you simply believed that's what I said. If I say, "Want to buy a bridge in Florida?", does it mean I am selling it, or could it mean I KNOW someone who's selling it? Just because you THOUGHT something was meant by a statement, doesn't make it true.

Quote:
I have read few posts where people have said that you should get out of their way if you are actually passing traffic that is moving slower than you.

Most of us are saying that if you are in the passing lane, that you should be passing someone, not just riding there for your own amusement, and to prevent others from breaking the law.

I think its hilarious how you have changed your own position not once, but three times in this very thread, and you keep posting like you're still in the right.
I think it's hilarious that there is a complete lack of comprehension here. I NEVER EVER said, I wasn't passing traffic. You simply inferred that meaning, but it was never said, nor was it implied.

English language - When I say, "I will give you a quarter for every dollar bill you fold 20 times", what has been said? Well, I make a 75 cents profit, because I am giving you the quarter, for the dollar bill, after you folded it 20 times. You may have gleaned that you would simply fold it 20 times and get a quarter, but the structure of the sentence is actually fairly simple. You fold the dollar 20 times, then give it to me, and I give you the quarter, because I am giving you a quarter, FOR the Dollar bill.

Quote:
You're in the right now, got it. You can pass people in the left lane if they are going slower than you. Thats your lawful right, and its the rule of the road. Good for you now.
Now you are catching on.. I am cruising the speed limit in the left hand lane, because, I am going faster than the people in the right hand lane. Again NOWHERE did I ever say I wasn't. Just because you THOUGHT it was said or implied, doesn't make it true.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:13 AM

Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Here we go again with one of those "what about the children" posts.
Never said what about the kids. I was referring to the parents. If you wish to teach them that it's ok to observe the laws you feel like, and break those you don't like, that's what they learn. It makes a statement of fact, and never asks a question "what about". It points out an end result.

The structure of the sentence doesn't imply, nor infer anything close to, "what about the kids?", it states, the parent is a lousy example. Straight and to the point.

What kind of example are you?

Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Oh my! Look out Angry Driver on the Road!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:19 AM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Oh my! Look out Angry Driver on the Road!
ROTFLMAO..

Actually, I am a fairly sedate driver, I drive in the right hand lane at the speed limit. I have no tkts on my record.

When I encounter slower traffic, (Unless it's slowed or stopped for the exit I am looking to take), I move 1 lane to the left, and accelerate back to the posted speed limit, until such time that I can move back to the right lane.

My first posts were done basically to see what kind of response I would receive. I carefully worded them, (and someone who knows me extremely well has read my posts and knows my driving, and found the responses both funny and sad), to see what people would say.

I already had a good idea, as when I am on a 2 lane highway there is always some loser who feels that even though I am passing slower traffic that is on my right, that somehow it's their right to be doing 70 plus in a 55. Not sure if people think those speed limit signs are just a suggestion, or why they believe that they should be allowed to speed, but for me, I drive the posted speed limit. I have a digital heads up display system, and it helps me since I have my speed in my line of sight at all times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies