Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 07:24 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
ROTFLMAO..

Actually, I am a fairly sedate driver, I drive in the right hand lane at the speed limit. I have no tkts on my record.

When I encounter slower traffic, (Unless it's slowed or stopped for the exit I am looking to take), I move 1 lane to the left, and accelerate back to the posted speed limit, until such time that I can move back to the right lane.

My first posts were done basically to see what kind of response I would receive. I carefully worded them, (and someone who knows me extremely well has read my posts and knows my driving, and found the responses both funny and sad), to see what people would say.

I already had a good idea, as when I am on a 2 lane highway there is always some loser who feels that even though I am passing slower traffic that is on my right, that somehow it's their right to be doing 70 plus in a 55. Not sure if people think those speed limit signs are just a suggestion, or why they believe that they should be allowed to speed, but for me, I drive the posted speed limit. I have a digital heads up display system, and it helps me since I have my speed in my line of sight at all times.
Do not try pulling that crap in Alaska. You WILL be ticketed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Default so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Do not try pulling that crap in Alaska. You WILL be ticketed.
SO? I get ticketed.. I go to court and I fight it.

Then I post a thread on City data and watch the trolls come to roost..

Old 02-12-2011, 07:37 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
SO? I get ticketed.. I go to court and I fight it.

Then I post a thread on City data and watch the trolls come to roost..

You would lose. You are required by law to pull over and allow the following traffic to pass, regardless of your speed, if there are five or more vehicles immediately behind you.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 AM

Default shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You would lose. You are required by law to pull over and allow the following traffic to pass, regardless of your speed, if there are five or more vehicles immediately behind you.
Then I lose.

But it will cost the state many many dollars, because I will fight it, requesting a jury, (if possible, since "MINOR" traffic violations in the state of Alaska do not allow for jury trials), and then appeal it.

Then work on getting that law changed, because I believe it's inane to give someone a tkt for passing people, driving the speed limit and because people want to break the law, the person obeying the speed limit gets a tkt. @@@

Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Have you ever been on a two lane highway with some nitwit driving the same speed as the person next to them?

It's infuriating!

The signs on the highway specifically state "keep right, pass left".

Everyone knows this.

Traffic generally moves at about 5-10 mph over the speed limit on most highways.

I generally set my cruise control at 73 mph on a 65 mph highway.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:25 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Have you ever been on a two lane highway with some nitwit driving the same speed as the person next to them?
It's infuriating!

The signs on the highway specifically state "keep right, pass left".

Everyone knows this.

Traffic generally moves at about 5-10 mph over the speed limit on most highways.

I generally set my cruise control at 73 mph on a 65 mph highway.
Yes. I have. And the perp is usually someone with control issues. They must feel like they can't control much in their world and they are going to control the flow of traffic lol!
I think we have a good example of one on this very thread.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:26 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Then I lose.

But it will cost the state many many dollars, because I will fight it, requesting a jury, (if possible, since "MINOR" traffic violations in the state of Alaska do not allow for jury trials), and then appeal it.

Then work on getting that law changed, because I believe it's inane to give someone a tkt for passing people, driving the speed limit and because people want to break the law, the person obeying the speed limit gets a tkt. @@@
And they can toss you in jail awaiting trial or set it so far down the line that you have to expend $$$ to travel back.
You'll lose.

But you really don't want to accept that your position is all about control.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:51 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
I was told be a LE Officer that if the average speed being traveled in an area is a certain mph over the speed limit sign they cannot ticket. If that is true than in many cases speeding isn't an offense. I wanted a radar trap on my street and he told me that it might slow people down with their presence but no one would receive a ticket as my street qualified as being posted too low a speed limit.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Then I lose.

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that when your state staute specifically states that vehicles are to stay to the right, except when passing, that this is the law?

Old 02-12-2011, 11:26 AM

Default what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And they can toss you in jail awaiting trial or set it so far down the line that you have to expend $$$ to travel back.
You'll lose.

But you really don't want to accept that your position is all about control.
1. They cannot toss me in jail for a traffic violation, without offering bond to me, unless there is some other factor involved.

2. They cannot set the trial so far down the line that's it becomes ridiculous, because there is that little constitutional thing called a "Right to a speedy trial".

3. I am a single person who's only debt is a mortgage, I will be happy to travel back.

Control that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies