Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I clarified it on several occasions. Sorry if that slipped by you on each occasion.
Not until called on it.
I quoted you for the first 101 posts of the thread.

Methinks thou dost protest too much. You were called on it several times before you changed your story.

You can do what you want, but you got pwned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 10:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Will a Mod. please lock this thread?!

Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
This law is already on the books in Texas. But it does not allow a person to spped over the limit. It just means that slower traffic under the limit must drive in the right lane. Often in fact only traffic passing can drive on certain roadways in the left lane.It has nothig to do with allowing speeding as study after study shows the reckless drivers are ones speeding and not keeping the traffic flow at legal speeds.
I don't know about this. I travel I-20 and I-30 almost every day in Dallas, and the speed limit is 60-60MPH, but everyone does 70-75MPH at least, and that's in the slower lanes. Same thing with I-10 in Houston when I lived there. The reckless drivers are the ones swerving in and out of all of the lanes.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:53 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Default learn to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not until called on it.
I quoted you for the first 101 posts of the thread.

Methinks thou dost protest too much. You were called on it several times before you changed your story.

You can do what you want, but you got pwned.
I finally clarified it because miscreants kept filling in the blanks with what they wanted to see, instead of asking about reality.

Could have asked if I was passing traffic, right?

You ASSumed I wasn't.

Too bad. If you want to know something, ask.

Instead of trying to read in between the lines, and making a false assumption, like most other people did, why not ask the question.

So instead of believing you've pwned someone, all you done was prove your inability to comprehend, OR request more data to make an informed decision. You'd rather be a lemming.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Will a Mod. please lock this thread?!
Why? This thread isn't any more contentious than some of the other threads that remain open on this forum.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:07 AM

30 posts, read 41,539 times
People should just rethink their driving. If someone always gets mad at slow drivers, he is doing something wrong. A really good driver drives accordig to conditions and threat other ones with respect, even the left lane hog. Tailgating a left lane hog is just stupid, I usually move out of the left lane and wait for a Porsche or BMW which forces the driver in the right lane.
It should be normal to make way for faster drivers and to accept slower drivers, even if they are passing in the left lane.
Fast drivers know about their responsibility and therefore driving at 100 mph is completely safe if conditions allow.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
I finally clarified it because miscreants kept filling in the blanks with what they wanted to see, instead of asking about reality.
I don't think you like to clarify anything, just babble. So, what do you think of people going 40 mph, occupying the left lane, in a zone that has posted maximum speed limit of 60 mph? Sane, or an idiot?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't think you like to clarify anything, just babble. So, what do you think of people going 40 mph, occupying the left lane, in a zone that has posted maximum speed limit of 60 mph? Sane, or an idiot?
If you're going faster than the people in the right hand lane, and there is a good reason for going 40, like the person in front of you is going 40, there is obstructions etc, then 40 is fine. The question posed does not clarify the situation, it poses a scenario, without a basis. With ONLY the information in the question, it is really not possible to provide a concise response, (Though it IS similar to my post where I suggested that if you are behind me and I am going the speed limit, and preventing you from speeding, too bad scenario.), but like MY post, it only provide SOME information, not complete information. So, an accurate conclusion is not possible with the facts provided.

BUT -
If it is someone driving 40 for the purpose if obstructing traffic, and there is not a valid reason for driving only 40 such as highway work, police slowing you down, etc etc, then they are an idiot.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:40 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
If you're going faster than the people in the right hand lane, and there is a good reason for going 40, like the person in front of you is going 40, there is obstructions etc, then 40 is fine. The question posed does not clarify the situation, it poses a scenario, without a basis. With ONLY the information in the question, it is really not possible to provide a concise response, (Though it IS similar to my post where I suggested that if you are behind me and I am going the speed limit, and preventing you from speeding, too bad scenario.), but like MY post, it only provide SOME information, not complete information. So, an accurate conclusion is not possible with the facts provided.

BUT -
If it is someone driving 40 for the purpose if obstructing traffic, and there is not a valid reason for driving only 40 such as highway work, police slowing you down, etc etc, then they are an idiot.
Not to shove your argument down your throat, but going 40 mph in left lane would be legal in states that don't have the law you're complaining about. You should be fine with that idea. Why are you calling such person as being an idiot holding up traffic, that he/she should move over to the right lane? You don't support such laws, do you?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Not to shove your argument down your throat, but going 40 mph in left lane would be legal in states that don't have the law you're complaining about. You should be fine with that idea. Why are you calling such person as being an idiot holding up traffic, that he/she should move over to the right lane? You don't support such laws, do you?
Now you're putting words in my mouth, and suggestions I never made. I never said it was illegal or legal, nor did I suggest there be a law, or state they move over. I said the action itself was idiotic. Never said illegal, never said make a law, didn't even say move over, I simply said if they are doing so to obstruct traffic, then they were an idiot.

Why do people read into a statement things that were never said, or even inferred?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies