Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 06:15 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times

Advertisements

As far as going to church regularly--I have God with me all the time, and I don't need to be in a special building to have a conversation with him. I go to church regularly for FELLOWSHIP--to share my belief with others and to work together through our faith to help others. If I never stepped into a church again, it wouldn't impact my faith in the least, or make me less of a Christian. What matters is the relationship I have with God, and how I live my life. That's all that should matter for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 06:34 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
He secretly goes to mosque on Fridays. He has got to rest sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
That would not surprise me at all.
I was being sarcastic.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:48 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Bill Maher called himself a libertarian once. I threw up a bit in my mouth.
Did you really have to share that with us? Too much information. My condolences to your wife/husband or significant "other."

Old 02-13-2011, 06:57 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Obama is perfectly allowed to hold office not being a Christian, but he's also allowed to lose his left base as a result, and possibly lose a re-election bid as a result. Maher wants to have his cake and eat it too. Keep the moderates on board with the "pretend to be Christian" and bring back the leftie loonies by projecting a new image onto him.

Maher knows that many Dems sat out '10, possibly even lefties holding out in moderate districts. He doesn't want the same mistake repeated.
You're assigning far too much power to Maher's ability to manipulate voters. LOL What's that all about?

Far left liberals are NOT going to vote for a right winger, period. If Obama is the choice, the votes will go to Obama. And people will indeed go out and vote. Nobody needs Bill Maher to "re-make Obama's image." It's a real hoot to see you guys' heads spinning here.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:35 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I find it amusing that an avowed atheist is making a pronouncement on someone else's Christianity, or lack there of. It takes a lot of nerve and evidently Maher has it.
I find it amusing that alleged christians make pronouncements on someone else's beliefs, or lack there of. It takes a lot of nerve and evidently they have it.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:10 PM

401 posts, read 473,914 times
I believe he is pro-Muslim at the expense of America. I don't care what religion he proclaims to practice. I believe his actions are clear.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:23 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I believe I stated he engaged in inflammatory statements and was a bigot.
Do you not agree that his "sermons" are inflammatory? His inflammatory statements against the U.S. the goverment, Hillary and Bill Clinton.

And to use a church's pulpit to spread his hate to naive members of his church. Disgusting.
He obviously has hate and disdain for the U.S.,and white people soley because they are white. This IMO is racist. If a white pastor said these things you would be up in arms. But you seem OK with it.
So is your position that a Christian Pastor not preach against those actions of the U.S. government (or any other governments) that they believe to be unjust? If that is the case, then I would have to disagree. There are plenty of preachers both Black and White who have preached against unjust laws and actions.

How is the quote you provided inflammatory against Hillary Clinton. has Hillary Clinton experienced life as an African-American in the United States. I don't think so.

Is disagreeing with Bill Clinton over specific legislative actions inflammatory. I don't think so.

Rev. Wright has disdain for specific actions. He also recognizes that some actions were either motivated by or justified based on the mistaken racial beliefs of certain people of European descent.

If Rev. Wright has a generalized hatred of White people, why did he not lead Trinity UCC out of the United Church of Christ? Trinity UCC has voluntary donated hundreds of thousands of dollars in financial support to the UCC over the years. The congregation could leave the UCC anytime it desired with no ramifications on the congregation.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I find it amusing that alleged christians make pronouncements on someone else's beliefs, or lack there of. It takes a lot of nerve and evidently they have it.
How about atheists like Maher, that bother you too, since he's the one not buying obama's claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
I believe he is pro-Muslim at the expense of America. I don't care what religion he proclaims to practice. I believe his actions are clear.
Yes, he definitely has a soft spot for Islam, doesn't he? Must be the instruction he received while growing up.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:48 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
...nor does he believe Obama is a moderate.

Bill Maher | Obama Not Christian Real Time | Mediaite
I am surprised to say that I actually agree with the little greaseball on something. I don't believe he's a Christian. I don't necessarily believe him to be muslim. His stated faith sounds like he's a universalist, but I honestly believe he's mostly non-religious.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
...nor does he believe Obama is a moderate.

Bill Maher | Obama Not Christian Real Time | Mediaite
As an atheist, I think it would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies