Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:10 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Why the shouting? If the liberals don't care then why would Bill Mayer make a point to say he doesn't believe that Obama is a Christian? Usually, if someone doesn't care about it then it is not the topic of conversation.
Bill Maher is on a personal crusade against all religion.

Hence the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=---wRdWBSxs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 10:14 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Bill Maher is on a personal crusade against all religion.
Hence the movie
Hmm. I'm confused. The last poster, a liberal, said with passion (all caps) that liberals don't care about religion.

Now you are saying that liberal, Bill Maher, is on a personal "crusade" against all religion.

So he must care very much about religion to go on a crusade against it. He most be very passionate about his feelings toward (or against) religion to mount a personal crusade. Don't you agree?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:16 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
"Bill Maher doesn't believe Obama to be a Christian"
Oh, oh, this sounds like a matter that should be investigated by America's Moral & Religion Police!

Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Hmm. I'm confused. The last poster, a liberal, said with passion (all caps) that liberals don't care about religion.

Now you are saying that liberal, Bill Maher, is on a personal "crusade" against all religion.

So he must care very much about religion to go on a crusade against it. He most be very passionate about his feelings toward (or against) religion to mount a personal crusade. Don't you agree?
Some liberals care about religion, just like some conservatives do.

Remember, one of the reasons people think that Mitt Romney won't win the Republican nomination is because he's a mormon, and won't do well in the conservative Christian south.

Some people, regardless of their conservative beliefs, worry about others religious beliefs.

Personally, I don't care, as long as they keep it out of their politics. I am not every person though, and I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:29 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Maher is religious, people just don't know it. Ask me what he worships.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:40 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Bill Maher is projecting on Obama what he wishes Obama was. Personally, I think it's a great way to rationalizing to himself why he supports him.
I certtanly after reading his book do not seeObama has viewign jeus as his avior really. He views him more as a histrial figure of good person with great leadership and worth followig what he see has hsi principlas. But then Maher I doubt would believe any chrisitan is actually a chriatian i relisty i thinkig that jesus is a svaior. Mahler is bascially a very disgruntled complainer that really does nothign else. He is a complainer and not a doer because that would ean he actaully has a chance to be critized for doing something.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:46 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,340,776 times
Obama's policies must have fallen out of favor with Bill Maher.

Now he had to let out the not-so-secret secret that the Democratic faithful and Obamorons have tried to bury for the last several years.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
You guys TOTALLY missed Maher's point. He didn't say what he said in a way to de-legitimize Obama. What he meant is that he doesn't really believe that Obama is dumb enough to be as religious as he says he is, but pretends to be because the American electorate tends to buy into their presidents being at least nominally religious. And i'm in total agreement with Maher that Obama may govern as a centrist, but he's really a liberal at heart. And like me, he wishes that Obama would govern as a true liberal instead of being Republican-lite.

You guys are trying to take his comments completely out of context.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You guys TOTALLY missed Maher's point. He didn't say what he said in a way to de-legitimize Obama. What he meant is that he doesn't really believe that Obama is dumb enough to be as religious as he says he is, but pretends to be because the American electorate tends to buy into their presidents being at least nominally religious. And i'm in total agreement with Maher that Obama may govern as a centrist, but he's really a liberal at heart. And like me, he wishes that Obama would govern as a true liberal instead of being Republican-lite.

You guys are trying to take his comments completely out of context.
Thanks for making my point. Obama's playing games with the American people by pretending to be something he isn't.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 AM

860 posts, read 2,206,000 times
Obama does seem too smart and sophisticated to literally believe in any of the silly organized religious mythologies. But he knows enough of the need to keep up appearances. I look forward to the day when it is not a big deal if the President happens to be an athiest, agnostic, Hindu, or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies