Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:09 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
So the truth is that poor, uneducated mothers look up to Natalie Portman and say, "I should have a baby as an unwed mother and be just like Natalie Portman." I I wonder if that sounds as stupid when written down as it does when thought. Yeah, it sounds just as stupid when typed, thought or spoken.

TRUTH... WE ARE AFRAID OF THIS< Single mothers aspire to be that way because they see Natalie Portman can do it.
You obviously don't go to such places as Wally World to see for yourself the stupid, poor,single mothers dragging round the brood.

At least as long as you keep working you will be paying for them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 03:12 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,623,473 times
I think that Mike H. should have given a general statement about single mothers-not about Natalie Portman-I mean she has a lot of money so I don't see the correlation... the only thing I find disgusting is her boyfriend was married-that pisses me off...that is what Mike should have focused on-adultry...

Old 03-04-2011, 03:18 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Rather than focusing on Portman, Huckabee should simply have addressed the naivete that many young unwed mothers have about motherhood. Portman's influence, and the so-called glamorization of single mothers, have very little to do with the problem. And Huckabee should be well aware of this, given that he hails from Arkansas where the problem of unwed teenage mothers is pronounced, and yet, never, ever, did I hear one of those girls say they wanted to get pregnant "like Natalie Portman" or any of Hollywood's other single mothers. I have heard girls who've gotten pregnant because they wanted the boy to marry them and to get out of dysfunctional homes. I have heard girls who've gotten pregnant because "babies are so cute!" I have heard girls who've gotten pregnant because, sadly, they want someone to love and who will love them back.
Good post...it is amazing to see the number of young unwed mothers in the country,and while it is none of my business how they got that way,it certainly is my business if others are expected to pay for their stupidity.

If they could receive no taxpayer funding I would say go pop out a round dozen,I couldn't care less how you ruin your life.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:31 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Meh.

At least Huckabee isn't a sleazy hypocrite.

He seems like a nice man, unlike his fellow GOP contenders...
I hope he decides to run. It really be fun to see him go up against the rest of the GOP presidential hopefuls.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:33 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Like Bristol Palin.
Cosigned and repped!

Old 03-04-2011, 03:37 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Good post...it is amazing to see the number of young unwed mothers in the country,and while it is none of my business how they got that way,it certainly is my business if others are expected to pay for their stupidity.
If they could receive no taxpayer funding I would say go pop out a round dozen,I couldn't care less how you ruin your life.
I agree. Several of all fellow posters have made a point to say it is none of our business how people conduct their lives.

But when we the taxpayers are paying for all their children it is INDEED our business. And the least we can do is exercise our constituional right of free speech!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Sorry. In fact it looks like you are the one who is lying. Because we all know that Mike Huckabee did not lie about Obama and Kenya, he misspoke. Of course a major political figure isn't going to go on the record and lie (unless he's Clinton of course! ).

Even the most rabid libs on this forum have ackinowledged that it might have been a slip of the tongue, or knowledge defiicit but not a lie.

You stating such leaves your motives suspect and your credibility zilch.
Way to go. But no surprise here.
I agree with Chris Matthews. Hickabee used it to try to gain favor with the real nuts, birthers, and it was a known lie. LOL Works both ways for him....he gains viewers for his FOX show or he gains voters if he runs for President. Personally, I don't think he's running for President. He certainly wouldn't win that election.

Sorry if you can't handle the truth, guy.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
if huckabee wanted to talk about the plight of unwed mothers and their children he could of done so with involving portman. to throw her in to the mix only takes away from his "message" portman is fully capable of taking care of a baby without any help from any one including the father if that was her choice.

funny we have posters who find unwed mothers a terrible thing yet would label the woman a murderer if her choice was to abort rather than give birth. most of these same posters pitch a fit when single moms have the child and ask for, and get help from our social services.

ya really can't make some people happy

Old 03-04-2011, 04:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
This puts the gay marriage issue in perspective...

Old 03-04-2011, 04:38 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
This puts the gay marriage issue in perspective...
You mean because homosexuals can't get pregnant out of wedlock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies