Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:44 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times

Advertisements

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 04:45 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Actually it's none of Huck's damned business what Portman does.

I sort of reminds me of the Quayle Murphy Brown saga.

What would he have Portman do, have a <<gasp>> abortion????

I dont think you get his point. But I cant say that surprises me.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Huckleberry is now a brown nose for the "Birfers" so who cares what he says anyway? I doubt that Natalie Portman has lost any sleep over the comment by the guy who will never be POTUS.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:52 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I dont think you get his point. But I cant say that surprises me.

Too funny.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:13 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Mike Huckabee slams Portman for pregnancy - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAYshow.com

"Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care," he said. "And that's the story that we're not seeing."

"People see a Natalie Portman who boasts, 'we're not married but we're having these children and they're doing just fine," Huckabee told radio host Michael Medved on his show Monday. "I think it gives a distorted image. It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of- wedlock children."

It is what it is.

Anyone else not voting for this guy besides me? If he happens to run, that is.
I'm not voting for him. But he is right. I'm sure he knows
first hand from being governor of Arkansas. I give the
same criticism to using Bristol Palin as a spoke model
for abstinence. I think young teenagers get a distorted
image with either of those messages.

Need to have a field trip and take them down to the welfare office and just let them sit around there for the day They might even run into someone they know

Old 03-04-2011, 05:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Default He is either a complete moron or a hypocrite

Natalie Portman is 30 years old, graduated from Harvard, has taken graduate courses, is engaged, and has a net worth of $25 million.

Bristol Palin was still in high school, 17 years old, no job, no skills, no employment experience, a deadbeat for a boyfriend, drinking while pregnant, yet Huckabee chooses to use Portman as an example of the ills of single motherhood.

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 03-04-2011 at 06:15 PM..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
about the dont breed if you cant feed, that isnt totally accurate.

for example, in africa a women will have 5-6 kids. the reason why they have so many kids is the equivalent of what we call in america, a safety net.

where in america the safety net is money, in developing countries it is the numerous children who will take care of the mother when she is older.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
about the dont breed if you cant feed, that isnt totally accurate.

for example, in africa a women will have 5-6 kids. the reason why they have so many kids is the equivalent of what we call in america, a safety net.

where in america the safety net is money, in developing countries it is the numerous children who will take care of the mother when she is older.
the main reason women in africa have multiple children is because birth control is not readily available. more infants die in infancy is another factor.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:29 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the main reason women in africa have multiple children is because birth control is not readily available. more infants die in infancy is another factor.
incorrect. its the safety net which i stated earlier.

you are semi correct when you say they have more due to the probability of death.

the main reason why they have so many though is the safety net.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:31 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
incorrect. its the safety net which i stated earlier.

you are semi correct when you say they have more due to the probability of death.

the main reason why they have so many though is the safety net.
so you have talked to scores of child bearing women in africa that told you they have children so hopefully one of them will take care of them in their old age? do you have a link that backs up this claim or is this just a guess on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies