Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Drama queen stuff.
Tell that to my brain-damaged cousin who was in a coma and nearly died from her pregnancy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute

EVERY single one of those on your list can also be brought about by abortion.
Bull$#!t. In fact, I'll just pick one, at random. Find a link for me that says that eclampsia is a risk with abortion.
Quote:

. . .kicking it's feet. She may decide not to have her little one killed.
If it was kicking its feet at her shins, while simultaneously threatening her life, she has the legal right to kill it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 03:53 AM

86 posts, read 136,406 times
Default Glob of goo

Quote:
It's not trickery. It's very possible the woman has been misled by the pro-abortion types to believe that her baby is actually just a blob of tissue and she doesn't realize the baby is already moving, has a little beating heart, and she can see it's little fingers and toes and know what the abortion is really all about.

Is that what you're afraid of? That the mother will look at her little baby and see that it's more than a tissue mass, she may see the little one sucking it's thumb, kicking it's feet. She may decide not to have her little one killed.

You are shooting for falsehoods and scare tactics here, Malamute. A fetus at 8 weeks old is not exactly kicking and sucking it's thumb. It's about the size of a pea, has no brain or nervous system developed yet. It has no human thoughts. It feels no pain. It has no conscious thought as of yet. It is in fact just a glob of cellular matter dividing rapidly at this point.

As a matter of fact, at 6-8 weeks a human fetus is difficult to tell from a goat fetus, a horse fetus or a chimpanzee fetus at a glance without specific DNA testing as they all look remarkably similar at this stage. There is no situation of "Oh look, it has your pretty blue eyes!" because there are two black dots of cellular matter but no eyes. The shape is undistinguishable as human at this point.

It is plain and simply not a human being at this point. I am beginning to question some people's brains at his point and wonder if they too are any larger than a pea. Women need to have the ultimate say over what goes on with their womb... it's their body, their risk, their commitment to raise a child and not anyone else's so why should anyone else have any say in the matter?

The argument "but it's a human life" does not exactly hold water for the reasons I mention above pertaining to human development. A mass of cells dividing that are the size of a pea do not qualify as a human being yet.

There is a lot more to this than the actual abortion aspect of it. The real issue is the individual rights violations aspect. You see, I am not "pro-abortion" at all. I am pro-individual human rights! I for darn sure don't want some religious whackos and Governmental agencies controlling ME from the waist down... I like to have ALL the say with what goes on with my penis and testicles so why would I think such a blatant violation of an individuals rights should be okay on someone else? It's a woman so it's okay for us to tell her what she is going to do with her body and what she isn't going to do? It's 2011, not 1540!!!! Individual rights and common sense will hopefully prevail over a bunch of lunatics waving bibles around and attempting to enforce archaic controls over human beings based on religious fervor and rhetoric. To try and coerce someone by trying to push them into having a guilt complex by all means neccessary to include bold lies is wrong.

Last edited by GavinC; 03-16-2011 at 04:23 AM..

Old 03-16-2011, 03:56 AM

639 posts, read 1,290,480 times
Ah, another Texas gem. Great state, one of the best states, but alot of whacked out stuff comes from and outta there. This is wrong IMO, I'm not for or a fan of abortion, but just let the lady get an abortion, she was raped for crying out loud.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:20 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,571 times
I don't understand how the subject of abortion can still be so argumentative in the united states. Freedom anyone? I'll have some!

(at the same time, it's one of the few countries that allows long term abortion. Here, it exists too, but it's not called abortion, it's called (rough translation) : medical pregnancy intervention. That means: for problems that lead to mother's death )

Old 03-16-2011, 05:23 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
You are shooting for falsehoods and scare tactics here, Malamute. A fetus at 8 weeks old is not exactly kicking and sucking it's thumb. It's about the size of a pea, has no brain or nervous system developed yet. It has no human thoughts. It feels no pain. It has no conscious thought as of yet. It is in fact just a glob of cellular matter dividing rapidly at this point.

As a matter of fact, at 6-8 weeks a human fetus is difficult to tell from a goat fetus, a horse fetus or a chimpanzee fetus at a glance without specific DNA testing as they all look remarkably similar at this stage. There is no situation of "Oh look, it has your pretty blue eyes!" because there are two black dots of cellular matter but no eyes. The shape is undistinguishable as human at this point.

It is plain and simply not a human being at this point. I am beginning to question some people's brains at his point and wonder if they too are any larger than a pea. Women need to have the ultimate say over what goes on with their womb... it's their body, their risk, their commitment to raise a child and not anyone else's so why should anyone else have any say in the matter?

The argument "but it's a human life" does not exactly hold water for the reasons I mention above pertaining to human development. A mass of cells dividing that are the size of a pea do not qualify as a human being yet.

There is a lot more to this than the actual abortion aspect of it. The real issue is the individual rights violations aspect. You see, I am not "pro-abortion" at all. I am pro-individual human rights! I for darn sure don't want some religious whackos and Governmental agencies controlling ME from the waist down... I like to have ALL the say with what goes on with my penis and testicles so why would I think such a blatant violation of an individuals rights should be okay on someone else? It's a woman so it's okay for us to tell her what she is going to do with her body and what she isn't going to do? It's 2011, not 1540!!!! Individual rights and common sense will hopefully prevail over a bunch of lunatics waving bibles around and attempting to enforce archaic controls over human beings based on religious fervor and rhetoric. To try and coerce someone by trying to push them into having a guilt complex by all means neccessary to include bold lies is wrong.
^^^The voice of reason and TRUTH.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:30 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,369,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
^^^The voice of reason and TRUTH.
I'll second that.

I'm sick of people forcing their beliefs on me since I believe "human life" begins at birth and I'm not "christian" btw, but I am spiritual. Everyone has a right to their own beliefs just as long as they don't try to force them on someone else, and as a female I find it doubly offensive that some are trying to say what happens to my body, it's MINE not yours and anything I do to it should be between me and my doctor. You can do what you want with your body and I'll do what I want with mine.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
I don't understand how the subject of abortion can still be so argumentative in the united states. Freedom anyone? I'll have some!
Because this country is overwrought with big government religious conservatives who like to tell people what they can and can't do with their body.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:07 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm more than happy to call it a human life. And I'm more than happy to say an abortion is killing that human life. Happy? Good.

Now it's time for you to admit that that human life poses a threat to the woman it's using to grow in, up to and including death.

Even if it were a 20 year old, if that human life is putting another human life in jeopardy of death, the threatened human life has a legal right to justifiable homicide in self-defense.

As soon as you start advocating for abolishing justifiable homicide in self-defense, which, by the way, would apply to both genders, then you'll stop being a hypocrite who obviously only wants to prevent women from protecting their own lives. When the said life is a threat to my life.

Would you like me to post the list of serious risks of pregnancy again?
Saying that the fetus is a threat to the life of the mother is akin to saying motor vehicle drivers are threats to the lives of people in general. Yes, it's true technically, but the rate of occurance is exceedingly rare. In the United States, maternal death rate was roughly 13 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births in 2006 (source .) In the same year, there were roughly 17 people killed by motor vehicles for every 100,000 registered vehicles (source.) By your reasoning, it should be reasonable & legal for me to pick up a gun and start putting bullets in the heads of drivers near me, just to be sure none of them kill me. Silliness to be sure.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 AM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Drama queen stuff. EVERY single one of those on your list can also be brought about by abortion. Abortions are not safe no matter how many lies you pro-abortionists say.

Look how many women die in abortions.

If you're really so sincerely frightened of all those conditions, you need to realize that they are risks of pregnancy - the smart thing is to get a tubal ligation and never get pregnant. To get pregnant and think abortion is completely safe is as foolish as it gets.

How many die in abortions these days??? I'm sure it's a lot less than those back alley ones.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Somehow women have forgotten they and their babies, unborn or not, are PROPERTY. PROPERTY cannot have a say in its own fate. Land cannot say if it is to be wilderness or a parking lot. Since when is a Man's property allowed to have a say in anything. Rape is illegal because it damages PROPERTY and contaminates a woman's ability to create pure PROPERTY in the future. PROPERTY RIGHTS does not mean PROPERTY has any RIGHTS. Abortion destroys PROPERTY so it should be illegal.

I believe this is the essence of the abortion argument. It is not concerned with the fate of the fetus or the woman. It is only concerned with a man’s control of his property.

I, as a man, only wish to control myself. That is plenty of responsibility for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies