Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 05:07 PM

425 posts, read 653,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Ah yes, I have heard that one before, it's required reading in "How To Control Yer' Wimmins" 101.
Concentrate. Keep to the topic at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 05:08 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
Concentrate. Keep to the topic at hand.
I saw you laughing!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:09 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
The law of the land?. lol. The letter of the law is written precedent, and yes it is beyond question until brought to court to contest a statute. Its called living in civilized society.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The law of the land?. lol. The letter of the law is written precedent, and yes it is beyond question until brought to court to contest a statute. Its called living in civilized society.
So the notion that black US Citizens, up until the passage of the Civil Rights Act, were not really human beings was an unquestionable fact? Natural Law or human morality have no place in the debate?

This is a truly bizarre moral outlook, but one that doesn't surprise me coming from an unrepentent Nihilist. Is there any universal truth that you do believe in, aside from personal politics? Please tell.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:24 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
no more trolls. see ya.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
no more trolls. see ya.
At least you read my last post before deciding you couldn't answer.

Facing one's lack of values is tough. Sleep on it.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:47 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
By definition, hothulamaui, "no longer dependent upon a womb to survive.." *is* a condition of birth. So a baby minutes away from birth yet still connected to the womb is, by your own definition, part of the abortion debate.

So please untangle yourself. Is it OK to abort a baby minutes from birth? If not, then when is it OK? Any by what criteria do you arrive at that idea?
if a baby "minutes" from birth meets the medical standard set forth in order to be eligible for a late term abortion then yes that would be debatable. a healthy baby just born with cord still attached is not truly dependent on the "womb"

I am not tangled at all, it seems you are wanting to compare a fetus with a fully capable new born as being equal. doesn't matter how you tangle your words they are not.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:52 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
if a baby "minutes" from birth meets the medical standard set forth in order to be eligible for a late term abortion then yes that would be debatable.
And to add, a woman cannot abort said baby on a whim anyway.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:52 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Man, reading the selfishness involved here I wonder how much better it would be if the babies lived and we aborted the mothers.
This is the kind of stuff that I can see making children favor euthanasia involving their parents.
seems you would rather women carry and give birth to still born babies? or carry to term babies that will die soon after birth because of illness?
late term abortion is done rarely and only for severe medical reasons. you want to make a woman suffer with a pregnancy that will end in medical disaster? how compassionate you are

Old 03-18-2011, 08:01 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times
This reminds me of the Virginia incident in which a woman who was at the last month of her pregnancy, a week before she was due, decided to up and SHOOT herself in the stomach thus terminating the parasite within her. And guess what? The so-called law of the land at that time...around 2003 if I remember correctly, had legislation against someone else doing something to a pregnant woman but nothing for the pregnant woman doing something to herself. Great country we live in, huh? Since then there has been numerous laws and legislation put out.

See? I can tug on the emotional strings just like the Right wingers can and bring up stuff that doesn't pertain to this argument whatsoever! Oooooh I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sly.

/sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies