Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Some people cannot be convinced that abortion is just a medical proceedure like any other. They also cannot be convinced that the freedom to chose and abortion is politically more important than the fate of the fetus. They will gladly sacrifice a woman's freedom for their concept of proper moral behavior.

The feel good at the cost to someone else. Now that is real community spirit.
Pro abortionist do not care that the person they kill in this medical procedure will never live. They will gladly sacrifice the lives of a million a year to claim they are morally superior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Pro abortionist do not care that the person they kill in this medical procedure will never live. They will gladly sacrifice the lives of a million a year to claim they are morally superior
LOL, NO "PERSON" IS BEING KILLED, A fetus is being aborted, nothing is being killed.

I understand your FEELINGS and your OPINION, but overstating and distorting facts doesn't help the cause...

Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Think of the thousands of potential people you are killing every time you masturbate.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:21 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
LOL, NO "PERSON" IS BEING KILLED, A fetus is being aborted, nothing is being killed.

I understand your FEELINGS and your OPINION, but overstating and distorting facts doesn't help the cause...
Right, right. Now, if that "fetus" were left to develop and grow, what would be the end result?

I guess you would consider a vicitm of partial birth abortion a fetus too?

Old 04-07-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right, right. Now, if that "fetus" were left to develop and grow, what would be the end result?

I guess you would consider a vicitm of partial birth abortion a fetus too?
if it was left to develop and grow on its own it would likely die. while in the woman's body it is a growth attached to the woman. without that attachment to the woman it doesn't develop or grow, FACT.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Not one anti-abortion advocate addressed my post. I didn't see them after I kept my child after being raped, too.

It's funny. They are the first to yell "right-to-life" and the first to condemn the poor having babies. They are the first to picket the abortion clinic and the first against food stamps.

I will fully back the anti-abortionists the moment they agree to help the families of the "saved" babies. And I don't mean having a "Christian" family willing to take the baby of the pregnant woman.

And no one should tell anyone what rape is until they've actually been raped.
Well said. And why is it always 60 year old white men in Congress, who feel the need to dictate what a female can choose.

In the meantime the same posters (male, mostly) crying about the fetus are the ones on this forum cheering for no more medicaid. So I guess they will want to bailout all the single mothers?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:31 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Well said. And why is it always 60 year old white men in Congress, who feel the need to dictate what a female can choose.

In the meantime the same posters (male, mostly) crying about the fetus are the ones on this forum cheering for no more medicaid. So I guess they will want to bailout all the single mothers?
And........how much do ya wanna bet that these same old, married, white guys would beg their mistress to abort if they became pregnant?

Of course, with their money and connections, they would be in a position to easily procure an abortion.......even if it was banned, wouldn't they?

Old 04-08-2011, 11:23 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Morality is nothing more than a power play - it is in theory a way to persuade (or force) someone to behave in a fashion that suits the one(s) in power. There is nothing more pitiful (and worrisome) than someone who is self-righteously clutching to their "morals" as a way to judge, manipulate and control others.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:35 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post

I understan yoru feelings and yoru opinion but understating facts does not help the cause.
You are denying someone their life, you have killed

Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I understan yoru feelings and yoru opinion but understating facts does not help the cause.
You are denying someone their life, you have killed
it is not my opinion, it is the law of our land.

again, you are giving your opinion how you wish things were to counter the law and how things are....

here let's do it logically.

"killing" is illegal and a crime, while abortion is legal and not a crime, therefore, it is a FACT that abortion does not equal "killing"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies