Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2011, 02:57 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times

Advertisements

So we went from the right wing, conservative, republicans defending the mutated blob of cells as supposed 'life' to defending the freedoms these mutated blobs apparently have? Could Republicans go anymore insane than they already are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
My son was born premature. He weighed 3 lbs, 1 oz. He was the size of a large sweet potato. His arm was about the same size as my little finger. He's 14 and taller than me now. He plays basketball and likes girls in some undefined, hormonally fired teenage way.

When we were in that neonatal intensive care unit for 6 weeks, while we watched as he got his blood transfusions and caffeine injections and they kept him alive in that plastic box, there was one baby, that when it woke, it cried.. like a cat. A house cat. He sounded just like a house cat out on the prowl, kind of a loud REEEOW RREEOWW. So, I asked the doctor, "Why does that baby cry like that?" "Oh, because he's brain damaged." Hrmmmm....brain damage. Hrmmm.

The delivery and intensive care of my son cost $109,000 dollars in 1996 cash.
Then he had the oxygen at home and the special formula..and the heart monitor, that woke us up 5 times a night when he shifted position..and then he had neonatal hepatitis, which he survived. All that cost a heap of money.

Thanks, Air Force! And U.S. taxpayers!
What was this supposed to prove other than a sad attempt at the right trying to once again manipulate people by tugging on their emotional strings? Get over yourself.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:59 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
What was this supposed to prove other than a sad attempt at the right trying to once again manipulate people by tugging on their emotional strings? Get over yourself.
Thats kinda harsh.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:08 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,976 times
Quote:
Babies aren't free.
I just wish those of us who didn't choose to have them weren't forced to pay in multiple ways for those that did--especially considering that if the US workforce wasn't so insanely overpopulated, we might still have decent wages and benefits.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The baby killing left would just HATE it if a woman was provided with a sonogram and CHOSE to look and then CHOSE to NOT have an abortion.
What I would hate is if an overwhelmed young woman who at some level realizes she cannot afford to bear and raise a child, was swayed by seeing a greatly-enlarged sonogram of a fetus that is actually only 3 inches long and weighs about an ounce (over 90% of all abortions are performed before this stage, at 3 months) STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT from ovum/sperm to newborn baby and decides that her life will now be a warm, fuzzy and full of love as a new mother.

When the reality of colicky babies and being up all night for weeks at at time with no husband help out hits, that's when you'll see child abuse and neglect. When this overwhelmed mother grabs onto any man who will have her in desperation, that's when you'll see child sexual abuse. And when the young mother realizes that the government will pay her for having that child, and more for subsequent ones, you will have yet more lifetimes of poverty, hopelessness, and dependency on taxpayers who are being taxed out of existence.

Obviously nobody wants dead babies; some of us just think children deserve to be born into decent, supportive and loving families.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:11 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
No, you get over yourself. I am rubber, you are glue.

They want to treat people like livestock. Ordered to have a baby you don't want/can't care for? Then complain about the welfare queens and how women are having children to "game the system"?

Hypocrisy; let me show it to you.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
No, you get over yourself. I am rubber, you are glue.

They want to treat people like livestock. Ordered to have a baby you don't want/can't care for? Then complain about the welfare queens and how women are having children to "game the system"?

Hypocrisy; let me show it to you.
The topic of this thread is abortion, nothing else.

Back to the topic at hand, the mutated blobs in the womb isn't life, since it's not breathing. The blobs have no rights, civil liberties, or unalienable rights and therefore are able to be discarded at the woman's leisure should she choose to do so.

But, then again, a right winger/prolife/conservative/republican like yourself is probably...no actually...WILL misconstrue this and use some other non-related analogy to defend whatever weak argument you can come up with. Good job.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:39 PM

425 posts, read 653,644 times
Here's one in favour of mothers hearing the heartbeat of the child who depends on them, regardless of the circumstances of their creation. They, like the mother, had no say in the matter. So any decision to snuff out a being with a beating heart should be made in the full knowledge of facts.

By the same token, I'm very much in favour of the mother's privilege to hear the last heartbeat of the rapist scum who caused their misery.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 PM

425 posts, read 653,644 times
[quote=Defective14;18334817
Back to the topic at hand, the mutated blobs in the womb isn't life, since it's not breathing. The blobs have no rights, civil liberties, or unalienable rights and therefore are able to be discarded at the woman's leisure should she choose to do so. [/quote]

So a fully formed child, capable of thought, sensation, movement is a 'mutated blob' that can be disposed of at will because -let me get this right- it can't breathe?

So let's dispose of every dependent mutated blob who requires an oxygen tank, or better yet, let's kill every asthmatic. God knows they've no right to exist. In fact, let's kill every useless clump of cells that depends on modern technology to live because hey, if they can't make it on their own outside the womb, tough luck.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:15 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
Here's one in favour of mothers hearing the heartbeat of the child who depends on them, regardless of the circumstances of their creation. They, like the mother, had no say in the matter. So any decision to snuff out a being with a beating heart should be made in the full knowledge of facts.

By the same token, I'm very much in favour of the mother's privilege to hear the last heartbeat of the rapist scum who caused their misery.

women and young girls are not stupid. we know an abortion can stop a "beating heart" we don't need to hear it to know. this is just about guilt tripping women from anti choicers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies