Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 04:31 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
abortion is about reproductive freedom and the right to privacy. saying it is killing a child is your personal morality and judgment. most abortions are done on a fetus not a baby. when life happens is a personal call, not one to force on to other women.

as dontH8me pointed out, to exclude abortion as choice for women is to force her to bear children she may not want. do you support breeding camps so these women don't give themselves coat hanger abortions?
do you force the women to give their children up for adoption?
the women that slip through the cracks,that die from a coat hanger abortion, is her death is worth all the babies you will have saved?

do you support social programs to help women raise their children they were forced to bear?
babies have their own DNA and are a separate life . They are in a stage of life just as you are in a stage of life. it your morality that thinks it is OK to kill a human.
I have always supported adoption agencies for mothers who do not wish to kill o raise a baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 04:54 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
So this lie is still going....not gonna read anymore...but the title is of this thread is such a lie.......I posted the amendments..go back and read them...and If I'm right the amendments were 10 ish days prior to this post...

Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,035,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Exactly. Viewing the ultrasound will accomplish nothing - it's purely an attempt to punish the woman for making her decision (and it does not take into account that men who don't want children or who are having an affair or casual sex are also behind the decision a lot of the time). That's all this is about. That's why the man who fathered the child is not required to be present - it's only the woman they want to see suffer further.
That's to assume that the woman would suffer by being forced to view an ultrasound. Honestly, another ASSumption by those blithering idiots is that women are nothing but a bundle of emotion, swayed by emotion, immune to logic, reason or decisions they know are best for themselves.

Supposing a woman is obliged to undergo the procedure and exhibits a reaction that the forced birthers don't anticipate. What if she displays studied indifference, annoyance because she has better things to do with her time, or even repulsion at what is inside her? I don't think the forced birthers have the capacity to believe that women are quite competent and confident in their decisions and viewing an amorphous shape inside them is going to make them change their mind. Talk about a freakin' waste of time and resources.

At this time, the Center for Reproductive Rights is dealing with the ultrasound issue in Oklahoma by rightly stating that it dictates
Quote:
outdated stereotypes about women's decision making ability and assumes that women are incapable of making important decisions without paternalistic help from the state.
I have known what a fetus looks like inside the womb since 7th grade biology. Turn on the Discovery Channel and you are totally bombarded by fetus-related info on their blizzard of pregnancy and baby series. There is absolutely nothing new to be discovered in seeing an ultrasound. For me (thankfully past the age of fertility but still disgusted at the machinations of the forced birthers) I know the result of seeing a fetus inside my womb would elicit nothing but a "well, duh" reaction followed by "can we get this over with? and send the bill for the ultrasound to one of those forced birthers. someone needs to pay for wasting my time!"

Old 04-05-2011, 08:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
What the zealots opposing choice fail to explain, is how can they justify the State forcing women to subject themselves to a medical procedure that involves shoving a probe up their hoohaa by a paid lab technician? Who is going to pay for it, and where will the forced medical procedures end? Will we force the clinically obese to have their stomachs stapled? Will we force women having multiple births out of wedlock to have their tubes tied? Will the men impregnating them be forced to snip their gonads too? Whenever folks start pushing for State-enforced anything as relates to a person's body, I always get this Gestapo-esque feeling of shivers down my spine.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
babies have their own DNA and are a separate life . They are in a stage of life just as you are in a stage of life. it your morality that thinks it is OK to kill a human.
I have always supported adoption agencies for mothers who do not wish to kill o raise a baby.
technically, it is called a fetus until it is born then it is called a baby... but you knew that, didn't you?

just my opinion.... yes, and my spit has DNA, too. the only difference is that a fetus has DHA material from two sources. As for life, if the fetus is born and becomes a baby and is self sustaining, breathes and functions without the aid and support of the mother's body, then yes you're 100% correct, the baby has a life of it's own. without that it is not killing a baby, it is aborting a fetus, something that is legal.

I had to laugh, in Ohio a House committee called a couple of fetuses to "testify" recently at a hearing on a "no abortions after a heart beat" bill. They brought two women in to have ultrasounds of their fetuses done before the committee, really nothing more than a PR stunt. I guess that one of the fetuses "refused" to "testify"... they had trouble detecting a heartbeat...

http://www.plunderbund.com/2011/03/0...use-committee/

Old 04-06-2011, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
technically, it is called a fetus until it is born then it is called a baby... but you knew that, didn't you?

just my opinion.... yes, and my spit has DNA, too. the only difference is that a fetus has DHA material from two sources. As for life, if the fetus is born and becomes a baby and is self sustaining, breathes and functions without the aid and support of the mother's body, then yes you're 100% correct, the baby has a life of it's own. without that it is not killing a baby, it is aborting a fetus, something that is legal.

I had to laugh, in Ohio a House committee called a couple of fetuses to "testify" recently at a hearing on a "no abortions after a heart beat" bill. They brought two women in to have ultrasounds of their fetuses done before the committee, really nothing more than a PR stunt. I guess that one of the fetuses "refused" to "testify"... they had trouble detecting a heartbeat...

FAIL: Fetus refuses to testify to House committee
So you think its ok to kill a baby up to the time of birth

Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
So you think its ok to kill a baby up to the time of birth
didn't say that, please don't put words in my mouth

Old 04-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:

FAIL: Fetus refuses to testify to House committee
Quote:
didn't say that, please don't put words in my mouth
Actually you did say it and i quote you again.

If it is a fetus until it is born then you are saying it ok to kill until its born.

Those are your words amend them if you like but dont complain they are not your words

Old 04-06-2011, 10:21 AM

ok, i understand you wanta argue, but don't put words in my mouth. take ANY of my posts and show be where I said,
Quote:
"you are saying it ok to kill until its born." (YOUR WORDS)
I did NOT say that, EVER. I will say that it is LEGAL to abort a fetus, how late in the term, is questionable. I am personally opposed to abortion, by the way. But I am just as opposed to other people telling people what they can and cannot do. Abortion is the law of the land, so take your pick, Row or Wade.

"abort a fetus" (LEGAL) DOES NOT EQUAL "kill a baby" (A CRIME). The terms are not interchangeable, that was the only point I was making.

Quote:
Actually you did say it and i quote you again.

If it is a fetus until it is born then you are saying it ok to kill until its born.

Those are your words amend them if you like but dont complain they are not your words

Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Some people cannot be convinced that abortion is just a medical proceedure like any other. They also cannot be convinced that the freedom to chose and abortion is politically more important than the fate of the fetus. They will gladly sacrifice a woman's freedom for their concept of proper moral behavior.

The feel good at the cost to someone else. Now that is real community spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies