Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
So from our friendly gun-toting, death-dealing, oh-so-conservative state of TEXAS we have this pretty little gem:

"Women seeking an abortion would have to first get an ultrasound under a measure approved on Thursday by the Texas House of Representatives. […]

Women would have to get an ultrasound between 24 and 72 hours before an abortion, the bill says. They would view the sonogram, hear an explanation of the image and listen to the heartbeat, if it is audible.

"We want to make sure that they're fully informed, that they understand the medical consequences, the psychological consequences and everything involved in the procedure," said the bill's author, Republican state Rep. Sid Miller."

Well, gee golly gosh, Sid, are you going to provide information for both sides of the option here? Actually, no you won't. Matter of fact, I'll do that for you.

Alright so sure we all know of the supposed 'evils' of having an abortion and how it will send you straight to hell, yada yada yada, blab blah blah. What we are not making ourselves aware of is the downsides to having children. Oh, Republicans and Conservatives alike are shocked and appalled at this statement? Don't act so surprised. I mean if you opened your eyes and shut your mouth for once you'd actually make some sense! Anyways, onward to the downsides!

1. The cost of raising a child is enormous - Estimated to be between $125K - $250K to raise just ONE child, and you feel as if women who get pregnant have no right to determine their financial future? Shame on you, Conservatives and Republicans.

2. Having a child forces you to face your own mortality - Face it. After a woman gives birth to a child, her function in this world is complete and that one giant item marked as "Procreation" on her bucket list is checked off. Sure she'll have to raise the child and whatnot, but her purpose has been fulfilled. See ya later, Barbara! Don't let the Liberals or Democrats stop you from going to Heaven!

Granted I could go into more detail and make it long and drawn out, but no doubt the Conservatives and Republicans are already pissed off at this Independent Moderate for making such a declaration. And Liberalcrats? Please, I'm too good for you guys. Both parties are full of **** poor idiots who can't decide on what to do with this country. Anyways, in before baby murder propaganda and Christians who feel they have the right to judge everyone but themselves!

*Source Article: Texas approves bill requiring sonogram before abortion | The Raw Story *
Point 1) Assumes its better to kill poor children . yet history has proven many poor children grow into greatness. The left would rather kill them because they are poor. The left believes its better to kill them then to raise them because they are poor. The lefts true class warfare is on display with this attitude

Point 2) So you think woman should not have children because thats one thing on a bucket list. We see the lefts thinking on woman in that statement

If you are going to deny life should you not at least see the heart beat of what you kill? If you are determined to kill them , then why does watching a sonogram stop that determination? Or is the left worried that one person might decide not to kill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Abortion, like rape, is not about the fetus or sex. It is entirely concerned with THE POWER TO FORCE FEMALE INDIVIDUALS TO DO THINGS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTEREST JUST TO MAINTAIN THE CONTROLLING MALE'S POWER TO CONTROL.

This is a fundamental social and societal issue. The question is wether women are free individuals in a free society or some male's property. Free or slave?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
So from our friendly gun-toting, death-dealing, oh-so-conservative state of TEXAS we have this pretty little gem:

"Women seeking an abortion would have to first get an ultrasound under a measure approved on Thursday by the Texas House of Representatives. […]

Women would have to get an ultrasound between 24 and 72 hours before an abortion, the bill says. They would view the sonogram, hear an explanation of the image and listen to the heartbeat, if it is audible.

"We want to make sure that they're fully informed, that they understand the medical consequences, the psychological consequences and everything involved in the procedure," said the bill's author, Republican state Rep. Sid Miller."

Well, gee golly gosh, Sid, are you going to provide information for both sides of the option here? Actually, no you won't. Matter of fact, I'll do that for you.

Alright so sure we all know of the supposed 'evils' of having an abortion and how it will send you straight to hell, yada yada yada, blab blah blah. What we are not making ourselves aware of is the downsides to having children. Oh, Republicans and Conservatives alike are shocked and appalled at this statement? Don't act so surprised. I mean if you opened your eyes and shut your mouth for once you'd actually make some sense! Anyways, onward to the downsides!

1. The cost of raising a child is enormous - Estimated to be between $125K - $250K to raise just ONE child, and you feel as if women who get pregnant have no right to determine their financial future? Shame on you, Conservatives and Republicans.

2. Having a child forces you to face your own mortality - Face it. After a woman gives birth to a child, her function in this world is complete and that one giant item marked as "Procreation" on her bucket list is checked off. Sure she'll have to raise the child and whatnot, but her purpose has been fulfilled. See ya later, Barbara! Don't let the Liberals or Democrats stop you from going to Heaven!

Granted I could go into more detail and make it long and drawn out, but no doubt the Conservatives and Republicans are already pissed off at this Independent Moderate for making such a declaration. And Liberalcrats? Please, I'm too good for you guys. Both parties are full of **** poor idiots who can't decide on what to do with this country. Anyways, in before baby murder propaganda and Christians who feel they have the right to judge everyone but themselves!

*Source Article: Texas approves bill requiring sonogram before abortion | The Raw Story *
Will jurors who vote the death penalty listen to the condemned persons heartbeat too?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 AM

D14 - I am not certain of the meaning of your post.

In any case have the proponents of this legislation asked any women what they think "their function in this world is"? IMHO one of the fundamental tenants of ANY political system is never place a restriction on someone that you would never tolerate being placed on yourself.

Abortion is simple for males to ban because they will never have to participate. Perhaps male involvement could be assured if absolute financial responsibility for the care, feeding education and support of the resulting child and its mother were actually enforced on the sperm donor regardless of their societal or financial position. In fewer words - You play, you pay. I believe that would change many males opinion on the morality, legality and practicality of Abortion.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Abortion, like rape, is not about the fetus or sex. It is entirely concerned with THE POWER TO FORCE FEMALE INDIVIDUALS TO DO THINGS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTEREST JUST TO MAINTAIN THE CONTROLLING MALE'S POWER TO CONTROL.

This is a fundamental social and societal issue. The question is wether women are free individuals in a free society or some male's property. Free or slave?
Abortion is not like rape . You do know there are woman doctors who do not support abortions so your whine is a bit off the truth. If abortion was like rape it would be more like rape of the baby. The baby is being raped of life. So if you want to see rape then see the baby who has no choice but is forced a death sentence.
You are clueless as to what rape is .

Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 PM

FIRST OF ALL THE FETUS IS NOT A BABY.

What is your understanding of rape. Are you male or female? I find your accusation that I a clueless to be arrogant and unjustified. I conside it to be a personal attack as well as an insult.

Moderator, please note.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:
FIRST OF ALL THE FETUS IS NOT A BABY.

What is your understanding of rape. Are you male or female? I find your accusation that I a clueless to be arrogant and unjustified. I conside it to be a personal attack as well as an insult.

Moderator, please note.
You compared abortion to rape and falsely claimed both are power over woman. rape is about power , abortion is about murder.
Rape is forced on to a woman, abortion is not forced on to the woman and therefore has nothing to do with rape.
So to say abortion is like rape, is clueless on your part.
Rape is about forcing on a woman, abortion is about the woman choosing to kill her own child they do not compare.
As I said they do compare if your talking about the baby. The baby is being denied its life , forced to death. So if you want to compare rape to what is happening to the baby we would somewhat agree that are both are an act on a human that should not happen.
But if you think abortion, which is a choice by the woman in anyway compares to rape which is not a womans choice then you are clueless as to what rape is or very badly mis spoke

Old 04-05-2011, 01:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Forcing a woman NOT to abort her unwanted embryo is what GregW was alluding to regarding control/power and the same dynamic in rape - for you to feign ignorance about this shows your insincerity about this subject.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:46 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Not one anti-abortion advocate addressed my post. I didn't see them after I kept my child after being raped, too.

It's funny. They are the first to yell "right-to-life" and the first to condemn the poor having babies. They are the first to picket the abortion clinic and the first against food stamps.

I will fully back the anti-abortionists the moment they agree to help the families of the "saved" babies. And I don't mean having a "Christian" family willing to take the baby of the pregnant woman.

And no one should tell anyone what rape is until they've actually been raped.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:26 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You compared abortion to rape and falsely claimed both are power over woman. rape is about power , abortion is about murder.
Rape is forced on to a woman, abortion is not forced on to the woman and therefore has nothing to do with rape.
So to say abortion is like rape, is clueless on your part.
Rape is about forcing on a woman, abortion is about the woman choosing to kill her own child they do not compare.
As I said they do compare if your talking about the baby. The baby is being denied its life , forced to death. So if you want to compare rape to what is happening to the baby we would somewhat agree that are both are an act on a human that should not happen.
But if you think abortion, which is a choice by the woman in anyway compares to rape which is not a womans choice then you are clueless as to what rape is or very badly mis spoke
abortion is about reproductive freedom and the right to privacy. saying it is killing a child is your personal morality and judgment. most abortions are done on a fetus not a baby. when life happens is a personal call, not one to force on to other women.

as dontH8me pointed out, to exclude abortion as choice for women is to force her to bear children she may not want. do you support breeding camps so these women don't give themselves coat hanger abortions?
do you force the women to give their children up for adoption?
the women that slip through the cracks,that die from a coat hanger abortion, is her death is worth all the babies you will have saved?

do you support social programs to help women raise their children they were forced to bear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies