Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So you think legal immigrants (who are still foreigners until they receive citizenship) shouldn't be allowed to work?

That makes ZERO sense.

No illegal alien however should be allowed to work in this country.
I think every American should have a job before any foreigner.
America should come first & treat its people first.

If they are not qualified they should be trained.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 AM

521 posts, read 467,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

Who's a foreigner to you?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
We should stop handing out H1B visas until our unemployment rate has declined. These people are not smarter, and they don't work harder. They're the same as you and I, only they have different behaviors which allows their performance to elude their supervisors. I still can't believe people say the things they do. So racist. So anti-American. Yet folks seem to think it's ok to disparage the American worker with a broad stroke while they uphold folks from other countries as if they're somehow better than us.

"Foreigners" is the wrong term. There is nothing wrong with hiring folks that are here legally, already have a visa, or have become citizens. However we do need to shut the door for a while, because just like at Disneyland, this ride is full.

Aside from that, let me tell you a story.

A friend of mine from Turkey wanted to be an SAP engineer. His "friend" got him hired to work on a project team. He didn't know SAP any more than SOL. Of course his friend told him "Don't worry, the team will carry you."

Yeah, these are the folks we're handing our jobs over to. I guess if they speak in an accent that you can hardly understand and throw enough buzz words at you that you can, they're geniuses. What fools Americans can be sometimes.
I agree some have less skill and barely speak English

Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,591 times
Quote:
Should congress make a federal law, stating that no foreigner should be allowed to work or get an work visa until all American jobs are filled?
The question you should be asking is: why aren't americans more hard working, skilled and/or willing to work on crappier jobs like immigrants are?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:

Do you think the average person in the US wold harvest produce???

I have picked pickles and it is not fun.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
People that are not American citizens.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:26 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Should congress make a federal law, stating that no foreigner should be allowed to work or get an work visa until all American jobs are filled?

Where is it written that ANY job is an "American job"??? The jobs are offerred by the EMPLOYER, not the government. They should hire the best value for their shareholders money.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Do you think the average person in the US wold harvest produce???

I have picked pickles and it is not fun.
It does not have to be the average person, but any American that lives and works in those areas.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:29 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
He probably meant non-WASP people.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Where is it written that ANY job is an "American job"??? The jobs are offerred by the EMPLOYER, not the government. They should hire the best value for their shareholders money.
My point is, government should mandate business to hire Americans first before any foreigner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies