Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Interracial marriages should be...
Legal 222 86.38%
Illegal 30 11.67%
Not sure 5 1.95%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:27 PM

4,428 posts, read 5,158,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
But why? Why would a world of only whites or Chinese be a nightmare? I was asking the question because the guy was trying to make the argument that if we don't mix, we are threatening the existence of the human race. This is a common perception that racial mixing will produce more "genetic" diversity and it will somehow make all of humanity better fit for survival. But the reality is, there is plenty of diversity within small populations. And the genetic diversity that is good for humanity, is things like skin color, height, muscle structure, etc. And these things are only important to adapt to certain types of environments. Mixing white people who are adapted to live in the colder areas with Africans that are adapted to live in hot areas, doesn't really serve any function for adaptability. In fact, they become a weaker and less adapted version of their constituent parts.

I get tired of these people saying that "mixing" is good, but at the same time they say "having only one race is aweful". What exactly do you think will happen when everyone mixes? How is that "good for humanity"? The only point I can see to mixing, is to create a single race. But in having a single race, you destroy diversity, and there will then be no such thing as mixing. Diveristy and racial mixing is nothing more than a social policy intended to end racism by destroying race, its that simple.

She claims to be Portugese and Spanish, which are both in southern Europe, and they are immediate neighbors. In fact, the only country that Portugal borders is Spain. Their languages are almost exactly the same because they are so similar. It isn't exactly a great example of "ethnic mixing".

WTF is human 2.0? I get really tired of people trying to say that this is progress. And they spout nonsense like, "we need to keep moving forward". You do realize, these policies are actually genetically destructive, and could just as easily be considered a regressive action instead of a progressive action. When I look at these liberal policies that are intended to create "progress", all I see is a destruction of the family. A dumbing-down of the population. People becoming fat and lazy. Crime rates and immorality skyrocketing. The institution of marriage crumbling, an ever-increasing number of children raised without a father. More and more dependent on the "state" to be their parent. I mean, is that progress?

If she has African in her, it is VERY little. Even if she does have African-American in her, she is hardly an example of the virtues of racial mixing. Because she wouldn't even matter if it wasn't for her strong caucasian features, such as light skin, relatively light and straight hair, a caucasian nose, and green eyes. I don't think there are very many people in this world that would look at her and assume for a second that she is part African. Thats if she is at all, I havn't seen anywhere that lists her as being part African, other than this individual on this forum. And here is a comment from that same forum.

"Her sisters do look full Caucasoid to me. Maybe she's just an exotic Caucasoid?"
Really. I clearly see the African in her. Her facial bone structure gives it away. I have a neice who is 1/4 black and 3/4 white and she looks whiter than this lady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 06:51 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugse View Post
You're missing the whole point, I never said it was going to be any time soon but eventually everyone is going to be mixed especially with people encouraging it and trying to push it on people. And why should we be happy about being a minority and losing influence in a country our founding fathers built? You do realize that one of the most intensive changes of a country's racial and ethnic make-up in history is going on right now right? I'm not sure how you can expect any white person to welcome that.

By the way I don't hate anyone because of their race and I don't consider my self a racist I can get along with minorities but at the same time I want whats best for white people, I hope you can understand that.

Two consenting adults should be free to enter in whatever relationship they want. To try and make laws stopping people from dating or getting married simply based off skin pigmentation is racist. Its racist plain and simple, and only someone who is racist would attempt to argue otherwise.

The U.S is a diverse country, and we are becoming more and more diverse. It doesn't mean white people are going to become extinct or go away. It seems like that logic was lifted directly from stormfront.

Btw, I am white, I'm just not a racist who is scared of diversity.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I agree. I don't care what other people say when it comes to mixing races. I think it's wrong. And, it's none of your business what I think. I happen to like blue eyes and blonde hair, like my children have, and my grandchildren have.
This is your personal choice. I have no problem with your preference for blonde hair/blue eyes, its actually none of my business. But if one of your blonde haired/bue eyed children or grandchildren decide that they love someone who is Black/Asian/Latino then that is their personal choice and you have no right to tell them who they are supposed to love.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times
Quote:
Two consenting adults should be free to enter in whatever relationship they want. To try and make laws stopping people from dating or getting married simply based off skin pigmentation is racist. Its racist plain and simple, and only someone who is racist would attempt to argue otherwise.
Yes, people should be free to date/marry or whatever who they want. Its a libertarian issue. But people should also be free to be against such mixing as long as they let others be..

You never hear anyone chide blacks or Asians who are against mixed marriages or dating. Only whites get the outrage and vitriol. That is my concern; the selective outrage.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Yes, people should be free to date/marry or whatever who they want. Its a libertarian issue. But people should also be free to be against such mixing as long as they let others be..

You never hear anyone chide blacks or Asians who are against mixed marriages or dating. Only whites get the outrage and vitriol. That is my concern; the selective outrage.
Anyone who thinks interracial marriage/ dating should be illegal is racist period. That goes for if they are white/black/ Hispanic, Asian etc.

As far as why whites get the outrage more than other groups, well look at the posts of those who are disagreeing with it, look at the voting when this was on the ballot in Alabama in 2000. That is why.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 PM

210 posts, read 210,096 times
Quote:

im against all racists..black, white, Asian or others

Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Exactly. The insinuation that Republicans are less tolerant than Democrats is meaningless, at best, without seeing the same poll question asked of Democrats in the same state and using the same methodology.

I agree that this is almost certainly a regional issue, and has very little (if anything) to do with political affiliation.

This is interesting:

4.9% is a pretty high margin of error for a scientific poll.
Deflecting attention away from trash isn't making it go away. I don't expect it gone forever, but it's more than a little ridiculous when BS personal dysfunctions distract from the real issues on national/ international level. A dixiecrat by any other name stinks just as badly. If this is what republican reps feel obliged to represent/ pander to... it's a huge reason why my own family stopped voting republican long ago.

Serve your country, or serve an aryan race agenda. You cannot serve both, and these clowns along with nation of islam need to be shown the door permanently. Neither are willing to abide the constitution rendering themselves unworthy of constitutional protection. Your right to free speech ends when you declare war on/ conspire against my fellow countrymen. Does the law exist so that groups can more efficiently prey on others, or is it there to protect all individuals and groups equally? Think about it.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I wonder what the stats would be if they had polled black Democrats. I'm just sayin' . . .
Ain't that the truth. I saw that horror show in Atlanta. What a cesspool.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:55 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks interracial marriage/ dating should be illegal is racist period. That goes for if they are white/black/ Hispanic, Asian etc.
So what? Its like in our age "racism" is the absolute worst a person can be. A person who murders another human being can be described as a or "hardcore gangsta!". But let one have a politically incorrect thought.....

Quote:
As far as why whites get the outrage more than other groups, well look at the posts of those who are disagreeing with it, look at the voting when this was on the ballot in Alabama in 2000. That is why.
Oooh......dozens of people on a message board have opinions that agree with accepted norms. The rack! Gallows!

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-14-2011 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: language

Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
So what? Its like in our age "racism" is the absolute worst a person can be. A person who murders another human being can be described as a or "hardcore gangsta!". But let one have a politically incorrect thought.....

Oooh......dozens of people on a message board have opinions that agree with accepted norms. The rack! Gallows!
What? Where are you getting that from?? A murderer is still a murderer, and a racist is well a racist, and thinking interracial marriage should be illegal isn't an accepted norm...

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-14-2011 at 05:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies