Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Interracial marriages should be...
Legal 222 86.38%
Illegal 30 11.67%
Not sure 5 1.95%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 PM

210 posts, read 210,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What? Where are you getting that from?? A murderer is still a murderer, and a racist is well a racist, and thinking interracial marriage should be illegal isn't an accepted norm...
thats true buddy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 10:08 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
But let one have a politically incorrect thought.....
Let's be clear, that "politically incorrect thought" is "I think it should be illegal for a man and a woman to marry each other if they don't have the same skin color."

Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What? Where are you getting that from?? A murderer is still a murderer, and a racist is well a racist, and thinking interracial marriage should be illegal isn't an accepted norm...
Forget accepted norms. Groups have no right to decide what only individuals have to live with on their own dime with their own lives. A Puerto Rican Eskimo wants to marry a Russian Tennessee hillbilly, it's not anyone's business but their own.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Forget accepted norms. Groups have no right to decide what only individuals have to live with on their own dime with their own lives. A Puerto Rican Eskimo wants to marry a Russian Tennessee hillbilly, it's not anyone's business but their own.
Exactly

Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Let's be clear, that "politically incorrect thought" is "I think it should be illegal for a man and a woman to marry each other if they don't have the same skin color."

Someone can have a politically incorrect thought or viewpoint without it being racist, but the viewpoint that it should be illegal for an interracial couple to get married is racist no matter how you slice it.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALTERWALTER View Post
too long an answer..simple..race is out Dated and means nothing..there should be no mention of race
But why is race outdated? Do you even know why people still have an issue with race? Do you ever actually think for yourself, or do you just repeat what others say?

If race was an illusion, then all humans groups would be equal to each other. Is that what you believe?

Why then are 2/3rds of all professional football players black, why are 80% of professional basketball players black? Especially since they are only 13% of the population. Why are there almost no Asians that play basketball or football? Why do blacks possess almost all of the top 500, 100 meter times? Why are Asians so short?

If one was to believe that short little Asians, with their men being poorly endowed, were equal to other racial groups in all non-physical aspects(intelligence/behavior), then Asians would easily be very inferior as a group compared to Whites or Africans. What would they have to compensate for what they lack physically?

Science has already unearthed clues to how behavior is affected by your genes, which shouldn't be much of a surprise because you are the result of your genes.

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder which is hereditary, Africans are about three times more likely to be schizophrenic than are Caucasians.

Schizophrenia Daily News Blog: African Americans Have 200% Higher Risk of Schizophrenia than Caucasian Americans

There are thousands of other behaviors and mental conditions that science is slowly doing research on(though they don't typically like to discuss them in regards to race). Here is a basic examination of the science of behavior.

Behavioral Genetics

Did you know that people of mixed-race are about 40% more likely to have ADD/ADHD than are whites?

ADD/ADHD, NSCH 2007 Chartbook (http://mchb.hrsa.gov/nsch07/national/1child/1healthstatus/pages/05adhd.html - broken link)

They are also far more likely to have autism relative to their population. With the statistics in this article stating that mixed-race individuals are about four times more likely to be autistic relative to their population size, and about 6 times more likely to be autistic than their same-race counterparts.

Autism Information -Autism rates internationally

http://www.dds.ca.gov/Autism/docs/AutismReport2003.pdf

If you took the time to actually research the relevence of race, you might understand the situation a little better. I know the liberal elites want to just disregard race because it is inconvenient to their egalitarian agendas. But it is much more than just some "social construct" like they want to pretend it is. If you have the time, I could give you some articles to read more on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Really. I clearly see the African in her. Her facial bone structure gives it away. I have a neice who is 1/4 black and 3/4 white and she looks whiter than this lady.
I will definitely agree that she has a strange look to her, her eyes look a little sunken in and without makeup they look like they have huge dark circles around them. Then her cheeks also look weird. She has a sister named Patricia, and she looks pretty much Caucasian to me. Ana Barros really could be part black, or she might just be sort of a genetic oddity.

I'll definitely say that Ana is attractive, but she isn't anything special.

Top 10 Richest Female Supermodels of the World | Modny73

Of the top 10 supermodels in the world....

1. Gisele Bundchen, 100% German.
2. Heidi Klum, 100% German.
3. Kate Moss, 100% English.
4. Adriana Lima, parts Swiss, Amer-Indian, and Afro-Caribean(not sure what percentages).
5. Doutzen Kroes, 100% Dutch.
6. Alessandra Ambrosio, 50% Polish, 50% Italian.
7. Natalia Vodianova, 100% Russian.
8. Daria Werbowy, Polish/Ukrainian.
9. Miranda Kerr, Anglo-Saxon/Scottish.
10. Carolyn Murphy, doesn't say, but she is obviously white.

I'm not saying people of mixed-race can't be attractive, but being mixed-race doesn't suddenly make you more attractive. Though I will admit, in our diversity adoring world, mixed-race has become a sort of novelty.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-13-2011 at 11:35 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
PC is just another aspect of censorship. Subtle, but censorship.

Many feel as I do, but they don't want to stand up to the histrionics
that come with the criticism. I am being compared to murderers for
saying my opinion? If a black person says they feel pride for being
black, they are applauded for being full of pride. I say I am proud
for being white, and I am called a racist. Very interesting.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
But why is race outdated? Do you even know why people still have an issue with race? Do you ever actually think for yourself, or do you just repeat what others say?

If race was an illusion, then all humans groups would be equal to each other. Is that what you believe?

Why then are 2/3rds of all professional football players black, why are 80% of professional basketball players black? Especially since they are only 13% of the population. Why are there almost no Asians that play basketball or football? Why do blacks possess almost all of the top 500, 100 meter times? Why are Asians so short?

If one was to believe that short little Asians, with their men being poorly endowed, were equal to other racial groups in all non-physical aspects(intelligence/behavior), then Asians would easily be very inferior as a group compared to Whites or Africans. What would they have to compensate for what they lack physically?

Science has already unearthed clues to how behavior is affected by your genes, which shouldn't be much of a surprise because you are the result of your genes.

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder which is hereditary, Africans are about three times more likely to be schizophrenic than are Caucasians.

Schizophrenia Daily News Blog: African Americans Have 200% Higher Risk of Schizophrenia than Caucasian Americans

There are thousands of other behaviors and mental conditions that science is slowly doing research on(though they don't typically like to discuss them in regards to race). Here is a basic examination of the science of behavior.

Behavioral Genetics

Did you know that people of mixed-race are about 40% more likely to have ADD/ADHD than are whites?

ADD/ADHD, NSCH 2007 Chartbook (http://mchb.hrsa.gov/nsch07/national/1child/1healthstatus/pages/05adhd.html - broken link)

They are also far more likely to have autism relative to their population. With the statistics in this article stating that mixed-race individuals are about four times more likely to be autistic relative to their population size, and about 6 times more likely to be autistic than their same-race counterparts.

Autism Information -Autism rates internationally

http://www.dds.ca.gov/Autism/docs/AutismReport2003.pdf

If you took the time to actually research the relevence of race, you might understand the situation a little better. I know the liberal elites want to just disregard race because it is inconvenient to their egalitarian agendas. But it is much more than just some "social construct" like they want to pretend it is. If you have the time, I could give you some articles to read more on the subject.

I will definitely agree that she has a strange look to her, her eyes look a little sunken in and without makeup they look like they have huge dark circles around them. Then her cheeks also look weird. She has a sister named Patricia, and she looks pretty much Caucasian to me. Ana Barros really could be part black, or she might just be sort of a genetic oddity.

I'll definitely say that Ana is attractive, but she isn't anything special.

Top 10 Richest Female Supermodels of the World | Modny73

Of the top 10 supermodels in the world....

1. Gisele Bundchen, 100% German.
2. Heidi Klum, 100% German.
3. Kate Moss, 100% English.
4. Adriana Lima, parts Swiss, Amer-Indian, and Afro-Caribean(not sure what percentages).
5. Doutzen Kroes, 100% Dutch.
6. Alessandra Ambrosio, 50% Polish, 50% Italian.
7. Natalia Vodianova, 100% Russian.
8. Daria Werbowy, Polish/Ukrainian.
9. Miranda Kerr, Anglo-Saxon/Scottish.
10. Carolyn Murphy, doesn't say, but she is obviously white.

I'm not saying people of mixed-race can't be attractive, but being mixed-race doesn't suddenly make you more attractive. Though I will admit, in our diversity adoring world, mixed-race has become a sort of novelty.
none of this means anything..so certain people have certain propensities..in 500 Years none of this will matter as we'll all be of the same complexion anyway

Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
PC is just another aspect of censorship. Subtle, but censorship.

Many feel as I do, but they don't want to stand up to the histrionics
that come with the criticism. I am being compared to murderers for
saying my opinion? If a black person says they feel pride for being
black, they are applauded for being full of pride. I say I am proud
for being white, and I am called a racist. Very interesting.
both are wrong..im only proud to be AMERICAN..i dont care about white black pink blue or orange

Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALTERWALTER View Post
none of this means anything..so certain people have certain propensities..in 500 Years none of this will matter as we'll all be of the same complexion anyway
I love your quick retorts to my scientific evidence on the validity of race, and the potential issues of racial-mixing, by simply disregarding it and saying "once we all mix, all of this won't matter anyway". I can certainly tell that you believe more in the egalitarian ideal than in science.

You seem to be fine with the idea that all of humanity will probably be much worse off once we are all mixed, but thats fine as long as we are all equally bad? I don't understand you people, one second you are praising diversity, the next second you can't wait till diversity is gone and all of humanity is brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies