Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I'd love to gain a skill or learn a trade. Where do I sign up?
Your local college or trade school I cant believe someone even asked this question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
It's nice to see the right wing nut jobs are still lying and spinning. Facts just bounce off of them.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
It's nice to see the right wing nut jobs are still lying and spinning. Facts just bounce off of them.
Calling names is not productive.

"dear leader" made a speech between golf outings and vacations about having a more civil tone. Weren't you listening?

Itz

714 posts, read 2,198,570 times
Many "poor" people don't pay income taxes. 30k a year to me isn't poor for a single person. That was my income when I was looking at buying a house. My deductions were 0, i claimed 0 and I had to pay in minimal at the end of the year. I couldn't afford a brand new car of course, but I was comfortable. ..

Many "poor" people that don't pay income tax are those that are actually married or have kids. They generally end up getting MORE back then what they originally put in. If you put in 3k in taxes - with a family you possibly could receive 4k back.. thus paying no income taxes.

Most people don't understand that the MORE you make the higher your tax liability is.. At 30k. your tax liability (Federal) is 15%.. at 35k your tax liability jumps to 25%.. filing single. FYI as you start to move towards the next tax bracket... .. Look to buy some property to help with your liability - unless the current admin is successfull in taking away the interest paid on mortgages.. then it won't matter in your case..

nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Is the "making work pay" credit on the EZ form??? That could be the OPs problem. I know it's on the 1040 form. He should file and amended return (1040X) and Schedule M to get the 400 if it wasn't on the EZ form.
It's on the 1040A form, too.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
What lies are being told here.. Please set us straight....

Old 04-25-2011, 06:03 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If you are an adult flipping burgers then you have a problem.
I don't know, in this economy I've seen my neighbor, a U.S. Navy Vet & retiree with more then a decade of experience at the largest local ship builder, get laid off and the best job he could get was at a fast food joint. He works that and a paper route and a job at the 7-11 at night because he'd rather work then take unemployment. He's lucky his house is paid off and his kids are grown because there is no way he'd be able to pay a mortgage in this neighborhood (a relatively expensive one in coastal San Diego) if he had a mortgage like mine. I'm just happy to still have my job in geology but we've lost several of our private industry clients (mostly because laws were changed so that they didn't have to comply with clean up laws or at least could defer their costs until later) so that military/government clients have become far more important to my firm. I'm still paid very well but I have a master's degree in a hard science however even I fear what would happen if I was unemployed for an extended period of time (beyond my 6 months of savings) or if I had to accept work paying less then I currently make (which is very good but would be next to impossible for me to make in this city if I lost my job).

Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Lightbulb Your favorite response is always denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt say anyting about you being an idiot

Does nothing to support your claim that the GOP is trying to do away with the middle class.. Try to stay focused.

You claiming something doesnt make it true.. Why dont you try to prove it?

Your own link doesnt backup your claims..

Right after you prove the GOP is trying to do away with the middle class.. I'm still waiting..

Um.. David Duke was a Democrat first
You're funny when you're backed into a corner.

And you'll deny anything that doesn't fit your version of reality. The GOP has been responsible for policies harmful to working Americans for years now. Outsourcing, economic chaos, deregulation, lax enforcement of illegal immigrant labor...

Have Republican policies sold-out the American Middle Class and Working Class? - Yahoo! Answers

Wisconsin & The GOP’s War On The Middle Class « SpeakEasy (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/02/24/wisconsin-the-gops-war-on-the-middle-class/ - broken link)

Republican Budget Proposal Attacks Middle Class, Destroys Jobs | AFL-CIO NOW BLOG

Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
You're funny when you're backed into a corner.
Wasnt backed into a corner, nor did anything you post support your position..
Quote:
And you'll deny anything that doesn't fit your version of reality. The GOP has been responsible for policies harmful to working Americans for years now.
BZZZ wrong.. The GOP wants equal OPPORTUNITY.. if YOU arent willing to take advantage of those opportunities, dont blame the GOP..
Quote:
Outsourcing,
Actually that would be Democratic policies which encourage outsourcing.. Take a business course if you dont comprehend
Quote:
economic chaos
Democrats again, just look at the current economic mess. 100% caused and created by Democrats who stopped Bush from reigning in Fannie/Freddie, and the mortgage industry over a dozen times..
Quote:
deregulation,
What deregulation did Bush do? We all know it was Clinton who deregulated the banking industry..
And here are Democrats opposing regulation with the GOP supporting it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs
Quote:
lax enforcement of illegal immigrant labor...
I cant believe you said that with a straight face..

I ignored your links, they are partisan bs.. Seriously, you get your news from the AFLCIO and Yahoo "answers"

Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wasnt backed into a corner, nor did anything you post support your position..

BZZZ wrong.. The GOP wants equal OPPORTUNITY.. if YOU arent willing to take advantage of those opportunities, dont blame the GOP..

Actually that would be Democratic policies which encourage outsourcing.. Take a business course if you dont comprehend

Democrats again, just look at the current economic mess. 100% caused and created by Democrats who stopped Bush from reigning in Fannie/Freddie, and the mortgage industry over a dozen times..

What deregulation did Bush do? We all know it was Clinton who deregulated the banking industry..
And here are Democrats opposing regulation with the GOP supporting it

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

I cant believe you said that with a straight face..

I ignored your links, they are partisan bs.. Seriously, you get your news from the AFLCIO and Yahoo "answers"
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, but it's all you've got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies