Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:31 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
It's easy to call people "sick". It is not easy (for just one example out of hundreds of possible examples) to explain away the BBC announcing Tower 7 fell- BEFORE it fell, or coming up with a plausible reason why it fell when no plane hit it. NOT that a plane hitting a steel building would EVER cause it to crumble to dust at near free fall speed, but people like to use that flimsy excuse as to Towers 1 and 2. Can't use it for 7.

I don't think you are sick- I just don't think you've looked into 9/11 beyond buying the preposterous official story.
That last line is often spouted by rote by the truther set, and it's kind of obnoxious, as it makes an assumption about someone that may not be true. Don't automatically assume that just because someone does not buy the truther stories, they are simply believing what the government has told them.

How many people have you ever actually met that really do believe whatever the government tells them? I don't know a single soul. In my experience, most people mistrust our government, and in my opinion, they should.

It's a dishonest statement, anyway. So many people outside the US government were involved at the site and the investigation, working at Fresh Kills and on the pile, giving their information to NIST and reviewing the draft reports before they were published in final form. It's not as though the government swooped down and cordoned everything off and then made up their answers in a vacuum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 05:32 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Mightyqueen pedals the stuff - she don't partake.

If she did, she'd think 911 was a holiday in Cancun.
It's "peddles", Ergo.

I don't usually play spelling police on the forums, but since I know you post from time to time on the Writing forum, where we do play spelling-and-grammar police, I figured you were fair game. Hehehe.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:40 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's "peddles", Ergo.

I don't usually play spelling police on the forums, but since I know you post from time to time on the Writing forum, where we do play spelling-and-grammar police, I figured you were fair game. Hehehe.
When a person applies pedals to any device, that device can then be considered pedaled.

I didn't mean to say you were a mere peddler.

But, I did pedal you.

Now, you can be peddled.

Next time, get a warrant issued by a judge.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:56 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,606 times
Here is a radical idea, since this topic is suppose to be about 9-11 and what people have learned from it - or not and want to - lets stick to the topic. And if you do not believe 9-11 was anything other than what the Gov't claims and you find us "truthers" to be mentally unbalanced or whatever and this whole subject is not really what your interested in why not pass on making the rude and insulting remarks trying to disrupt the actual discussion - which is actually 2 violations of the TOS. Leave us awful truthers be and go find a thread/topic that you really like and doesn't make you so upset?? I for one would like to get back on topic instead of watching it collapse due to all the arguing.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:57 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That last line is often spouted by rote by the truther set, and it's kind of obnoxious, as it makes an assumption about someone that may not be true. Don't automatically assume that just because someone does not buy the truther stories, they are simply believing what the government has told them.

How many people have you ever actually met that really do believe whatever the government tells them? I don't know a single soul. In my experience, most people mistrust our government, and in my opinion, they should.

It's a dishonest statement, anyway. So many people outside the US government were involved at the site and the investigation, working at Fresh Kills and on the pile, giving their information to NIST and reviewing the draft reports before they were published in final form. It's not as though the government swooped down and cordoned everything off and then made up their answers in a vacuum.
I don't think the average person can look into 9/11 and not have at least some reservation or question about the official story..for example, many people never heard about 7 at all, but once known, a question of how it came down and that the BBC reported it as down before it came down..has to be a head scratcher for the person of average intelligence.

Is there NOTHING about the official story that you find questionable? Pentagon and Shanksville included? Nothing?

Old 04-17-2011, 06:04 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,036,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You seem to monitor every one of them. Why is that?

Afraid you'll miss an opportunity to spread the manure ?
Well, why do you?

Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,036,530 times
So many people are focused on the BBC report. I never heard any of the other news stations, both local, nation or international, report that 7 fell before it actually did. We did however, know it was going to fall. Remember, we had constant local reporting. Reporters and staff that live in and know NYC. Folks outside the tri-state area did not see this reporting, which was more accurate, although still very chaotic. Why don't you people comprehend just how confusing everything was? Do you really think that everything would be organized and perfect?

Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
I know what I learned -- politicians with an agenda have no level low enough that they will not stoop to put it to their advantage to promote their monetary interests and influence American gullibility.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:26 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,606 times
I am what those who side with the Gov't refer to as a "truther" BUT the debate about Bldg. 7 is a diversion and trap to confuse and discredit. Let me show you easy common sense reasons why.
1. It was not hit by aircraft and not the primary target
2. Why it fell IS NO mystery - the owner/lease holder Larry Silverstein told on a PBS interview that he ordered it "pulled" and it was. Question is how was it done so quickly when it should have taken at least 24 hours to prep.
3. Most if not almost all truthers refer to it not being badly damaged and that the fires were under control many base this on the only view of bldg. 7 most see that being the side facing away from 1&2. 9/11 de-bunking sites show the other side facing the twin towers that WAS heavily damaged! To be sure there was something odd going on at 7 BUT I feel we must stay focused on WTC 1/2 the heart of NYC - 9/11 attack.

I want the truth out but am not willing to place my bet all day long in the rubble of WTC 7!

Last edited by Watchman57; 04-17-2011 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 04-17-2011, 06:28 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
I don't think you are sick- I just don't think you've looked into 9/11 beyond buying the preposterous official story.
You OBVIOUSLY haven't looked into anything beyond your BS conspiracy theory.

You don't "like" the "official story"...get your behind to NYC and start pounding the pavement ... start knocking on the doors of those who SAW the planes hit - especially the second b/c everyone in sight had their eyes turned toward the first tower that got hit. They didn't miss the second plane. Or was that a hologram perfectly timed with some "conspiracy bombs" ?

The quackery on your end, well, there is no other word for it other than pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies