Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
But he got an end put to it! He won.
Won what? The carnival barker of the year award?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Well there is definitely one of two things going on, either Obama has something to hide, or he purposely created doubt for political strategy. I don't hold much importance to the birther issue, but I won't be naive enough to believe that it couldn't be faked very easily. What's truly concerning is the amount of people who continue to blindly support Obama no matter what he does.
Well if people weren't so divisive and actually used their brains, maybe that wouldn't be the case. By constantly bringing up religion, birth certificates and making baseless accusations every time the man sneezes, this is the climate that has been created. Perhaps if there was more focus on REAL issues, people would listen but playing childish game results in childish behavior on both sides.

If news channels didn't show edited videos of someone saying the POTUS was born in Kenya, people didn't make it an issue when he put his feet on his desk and constantly refer to him as Hussein hoping to scare old Christian white people and get mad at him even when the last president did the same things (while they were oblivious) perhaps things wouldn't be so cloudy.

The political climate is about taking a side now and personally I would not choose the side with the birthers and racists. If you want it to change, maybe you should start there and get rid of that element. Oh and I don't agree with everything he has done but when it comes down to him or the birther/tea/rethuglican party, I will vote for him.

2,852 posts, read 6,487,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hey all you "birthers" out there! Don't you feel embarrassed?
Why should any of us so-called "birthers" feel embarrassed for having a legitimate concern? This is an issue which Obama should have put to bed a LONG time ago, but instead, like a naughty little boy playing games, he allowed it to grow and grow. That, in my opinion, was irresponsible of him.

If he turned out to be a fraud would YOU be embarrassed?

Is this suddenly produced long-form birth certificate real? I don't know. I'll wait for experts to examine it, as should have been done BEFORE it was released, in order to REALLY put an end to this argument.

For two years he has sat back and watched as this country became divided over something that could have been dealt with swiftly.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,328,034 times
I didn't vote and I don't like Obama. However, I knew this would happen. I knew that if he showed us his BC people would say it is a fake. Holy cow people!!! What does the man have to do to prove he is a citizen? Give it a rest. This kind of thinking will lead to mental illness, it's called paranoid schizophrenia.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:38 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
I really can't take the GOP seriously after all this "birther" stuff. Trump running around talking about all the amazing things his investigators are finding in Hawaii, but he can't tell us (we the people) a thing about it. Now comes the long form birth certificate which I'm sure many will still not be satisfied with. It's a joke.
Agreed. He looks like the fool that he is, believing the birther non-sense hook, line and sinker without doing any independent research on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Except that not all doubters were republican, TPs or birthers. Remember...this started with Hillary's democrats.

He had to. When only 38% believe you were born in the US. He had no choice but to release something.
You seem to forget that the Democrats/Hillary campaign dropped that birther non-sense almost as quickly as they brought it up. Obama's timing in releasing the long form now didn't have anything to do with (faulty?) polling. It has to do with making Trump look stupid and foolish and knocking him out as a serious candidate. Following Trump's recent claim that "his people" said the document doesn't exist---which was an outright lie on his part---who could ever take him seriously again?

Old 04-27-2011, 09:38 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,995,039 times
Quote:
But he got an end put to it! He won.
If by winning you mean he lost all credibility and made a fool of himself I agree he won.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
By getting you to start a thread and me posting in it he is taking everyone for a ride. LOL

Don't you people get that? At least I know I boarded the Trump Express and I am enjoying the ride until it ends.

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
I think it's actually pretty funny how ridiculous and easily mislead the hard right are. All trump had to do is say Obama likely wasn't born in this country and that he is the worst president in history. Just those two statements alone got the radicals frothing at the mouth and thinking trump is the 2nd coming of christ. Trump knows they are idiots and is playing the ignorant right for fools just like Beck.

3,681 posts, read 6,277,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Won what? The carnival barker of the year award?
He did what no one else could do. He got Obama to produce the certificate.

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Quote:
Actually, Trump is claiming VICTORY! He was the only one who could get the POTUS to produce the certificate! (It is true!)
"There's a sucker born every minute."

P.T. Barnum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies