Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 03:32 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,746,461 times

Advertisements

If this child has issues later in life, I imagine it will be mostly due to people like the OP who seem to think all men should fit a certain stereotype and all women should, likewise, fit another stereotype. There are lots of stereotypes I don't fit into, and the only time it ever becomes an issue is when other people feel the need to comment on it, when there's no reason in the world that it should matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 07:26 PM

545 posts, read 400,481 times
wait, let me get this straight..

These people are going so far as to not even let they're loved ones know the gender of the baby?...how many of you would be ok if your brother or sister had a child and won't even let you know the gender?..and for what?...so that they can "experiment" on this child?..What kind of family would find that "acceptable"?....

and why are they doing this?

“We've decided not to share Storm's sex for now — a tribute to freedom and choice in place of limitation, a stand up to what the world could become in Storm's lifetime (a more progressive place? ...).”

so are they doing this for the benefit of the child or some kind of social experiment for some kind of "future"?...a "progressive" one of course....

"Kathy Witterick and David Stocker recently landed on the front page of the Toronto Star, explaining that they hope their third child, Storm, can remain untouched by the connotations of pink versus blue, male versus female, long enough to make up his or her own mind."

What?....Make up his/her mind?....Didn't nature and DNA do that already?....and what if he wants to be a girl simply because he likes the clothes...damn what his body is, he likes cotton soft panties and that alone is reason to go girl...

and how long will it take for him to make up his mind?....when I was a kid the only thing I cared about was Thundercats and He-man...Female-Male curiosities didn't happen until much later....is he/she going to decide in what?...middle school?..do kids need more issues going into and being in school?

and isn't growing up very hard as it is?.....at least we know what out gender was and didn't have to worry about that one thing...as confusing as things are do kids need to be confused farther with their gender?.....

"Sam, You're a Boy because you have a penis..now go grow up"....Now its ok to go "Bobby, ignore whatever you body is and just make up whatever you want to be"....How the hell is that not suppose to trouble and confuse a kid?.....

The hell with your own damn notions of "progressive" thinking...you child needs you to guide them, can you at least tell them what gender they are so it could be one less thing to worry about in life?....Kids depend on the wisdom and experience of their parents to guide them...other wise why should kids even listen to them?...these people won't even tell you what gender you are, why the hell would I listen to anything else you have to say?

"a tribute to freedom and choice in place of limitation, a stand up to what the world could become in Storm's lifetime (a more progressive place? ...).” "

So people on this thread saying its none of other people's business how they are raising this child...well yeah it is other people's business if this couple is trying to make the future a "more progressive place"....if this couple is using their kid to try and change things and "stand up to the world" then you can expect the "world" to ask questions about this "progressive place"...

...are we going to ignore conventional wisdom that lasted thousands of years and even wonder is this even healthy and safe for the child?...have any of you who defended this asked that?....or was the "a more progressive place" part the only thing that matters to the liberal agenda?...you know, the "damn the consequences I want my social justice, fair, utopia" thing

. "Child development experts, meanwhile, question the impact on the cherubic infant later in life and whether the couple has gone too far in their quest for gender neutrality.
“This is not a secret without consequences,” said Mike Brody, a child psychiatrist in Washington, D.C., and instructor at the University of Maryland. “This seems more controlling than the helicopter parents.”

So what do we have here....a couple using their child as a puppet to make some kind of statement and social experiment, going as far as to isolate their love ones from even knowing the gender of the baby, (really, its more important to conduct this "experiment" on your child then it is to include your loved ones on even knowing the gender of the baby?) and may very well cause some serious confusion and harm for the child later in life....all for this "progressive place"...and the other kids know the gender but probably are forced to keep it a secret....really?...putting that kind of stress and confusion on a kid as to keep the gender of their sibling a secret?...I said stress and confusion because what kid understands keeping secrets to begin with?...let alone the gender of a sibling....this is just bizarre all around....only a lib would defend this...

I'm not saying girls should only like dolls and boys should like trucks and were blue or pink or whatever....what I am saying is that if you want your child to be raised with more freedom or whatever do something like hand your prepubescent daughter a math book or asked her do she want to see the latest action movie with her father or take your son to a cooking class or something....those are things that truly separate the genders and by un-separating them can the gender roles really diminish.....dressing your son in pink and giving him a Barbie doll and claiming its "progressive" is just pointless and stupid....but hey...liberals...whatever

Last edited by EricGold; 05-30-2011 at 08:36 PM..

Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
How these parents decide to raise their child is no more your business, OP, than parents who decide to raise their child with LIBERAL doses of corporal punishment or LIBERAL doses of religious doctrine.

Butt out.

Uh..... the parents are media whores who can't get enough of the attention. They are using their children to further their radical leftist Neo Prog agenda.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
People like this get no sympathy from me no matter what situation they find themselves in.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:33 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I just finished reading the article and this confirms my belief that liberalism is a mental disorder. Please read the article, it will take less than 2 minutes. These people are a disgrace, and are gonna destroy this childs psyche. Sadly, I'm sure that more than a few Neo Progs here will find this behavior "enlightening" and the epitome of "tolerance."

Canadian couple keeps baby's gender secret, touches off debate | Duluth News Tribune | Duluth, Minnesota
So... it is liberalism to let parents choose whether they want the rest of the world to know the gender or their baby. Yes, it is.

It takes a conservative to go whine about another person/family's choice. Yes it does.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,536,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I just finished reading the article and this confirms my belief that liberalism is a mental disorder. Please read the article, it will take less than 2 minutes. These people are a disgrace, and are gonna destroy this childs psyche. Sadly, I'm sure that more than a few Neo Progs here will find this behavior "enlightening" and the epitome of "tolerance."

Canadian couple keeps baby's gender secret, touches off debate | Duluth News Tribune | Duluth, Minnesota
Sorry, you have a disorder if that is your conclusion after reading that article.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
To all the poeple in this thread that see things like this as normal. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM IN AMERICA TODAY! Our culture and social fabric is eroding at lightning speed because of people that think like this. When you do things that cast you outside of the norm, don't be surprised when you are no longer accepted by the norm.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Funny how the 'conservatives' on this thread get all upset over some Canadian couple, but they think it's just fine that arnold schwarzenegger cheated on his wife and had children out of wedlock.

Hey, it's fun being crazy!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:51 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Funny how the 'conservatives' on this thread get all upset over some Canadian couple, but they think it's just fine that arnold schwarzenegger cheated on his wife and had children out of wedlock.
which conservatives on this thread thought it was 'just fine' that arnie cheated on his wife?

links please

Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
To all the poeple in this thread that see things like this as normal. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM IN AMERICA TODAY! Our culture and social fabric is eroding at lightning speed because of people that think like this. When you do things that cast you outside of the norm, don't be surprised when you are no longer accepted by the norm.
Authoritarians ARE the problem. They ought to get a life of their own, instead of complaining about others' choices. But then, if they didn't, they would cease to be authoritarians, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies