Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
Listen, I don't care if they never disclose the gender of the baby, My issue was the way liberals responded to this as if somehow that was "normal"....My issue was with the liberal reaction to this....
I didn't think I had to break it down like that to someone who calls them self "EinsteinsGhost"
Then stop with your conservative reaction. It is what any person should do when they "don't care" about something instead of incessantly whining about it. If parents choose not to let the entire world know about their baby's gender, why the heck are YOU getting your knickers in a wad? Got nothing better to do than to complain about the "liberalism" in their choice? When you don't care... silence is golden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 PM

545 posts, read 400,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgcrush View Post
What the hell does this have to do with liberalism/conservatism? If you were truly "conservative", you wouldn't give a rip, and you'd let the parents raise the kid anyway they want without spouting off with your own self-absorbed opinion.

The problem with conservatives is that they're so dependent on government invasion into the bedroom, they wouldn't know what to think if Congress wasn't approving how they copulate.

If you read the article the parents want a more "progressive place" in the future...they seem to want to do this "experiment" on this child that some child experts seem to think its harmful so they can get there...and the way liberals seem to think this is somehow "ok" is how I got the liberalism/conservatism

They are purposefully, in their own words trying to affect social norms....when you put yourself on a stage...how can you expect not to have people look at you and say something..

Some parents beat the hell out of their kids because they think it would make them "better"...as sad as that is that is just the way of the world..My point?...that some people turn out not quite right from certain forms of parenting and they become troubled adults....You can raise your kid however you want to..if they turn out bad, well don't demand society to spoon feed you because of it...and don't Liberals tend to victimizes people because of their "childhoods" so its ok they get all kinds of "welfare"?...That its not their fault they didn't succeed in life that they weren't given the same upbringing as others?

I am pretty much libertarian which means even we make the Conservatives look left-wing....you can do what you want in your own bedroom, just don't come complaining when things go wrong like unplanned pregnancies, STDs and other stuff and demanding help from the taxpayer...

The next time someone advocate more redistribution of wealth I will be sure to tell them "its not my fault your parents did such a sh*tty job with you"

Last edited by EricGold; 05-31-2011 at 12:26 PM..

Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then stop with your conservative reaction. It is what any person should do when they "don't care" about something instead of incessantly whining about it. If parents choose not to let the entire world know about their baby's gender, why the heck are YOU getting your knickers in a wad? Got nothing better to do than to complain about the "liberalism" in their choice? When you don't care... silence is golden.

Really?...Didn't I say my issue was with liberal reactions to this?...that I didn't care what the gender of the baby is?...didn't I say that several times already?...

One more time...I don't care what the gender of the baby is...its the liberals that seem to once again find something this bizarre and stupid as "normal"

My issue is with the never-ending wackiness of liberal thinking...not the gender of the baby.....

"EinstiensGhost" you should consider a new name..

Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Really?...Didn't I say my issue was with liberal reactions to this?
Liberal reactions? What do you call yourself, a conservative?

Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 PM

So I guess we are all cool with parents passing down massive amount of wealth to their kids now without all kinds of "social justice, fair" taxes or whatever because parents can raise and that include giving whatever they want to their kids ...right?

You people are ok with genderless babies so I guess you are ok with trust fund babies now right?

Old 05-31-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Liberal reactions? What do you call yourself, a conservative?

Yes, it sure the hell isn't anyone on the right that find this crap acceptable or deem this "healthy" or "normal"...

and I am libertarian...even most conservatives hate us...

Old 05-31-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, it sure the hell isn't anyone on the right that find this crap acceptable or deem this "healthy" or "normal"...

and I am libertarian...even most conservatives hate us...
There we go again, you're back to whining at the parents. Golden.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times
if you are born with a penis and a vagina then you can let the child someday figure that out.
Otherwise I think the male and or female organs make it clear nothing NATURAL will ever take them away :-) Unless you get some kinda of surgury of which is not natural and only FAKE!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
There we go again, you're back to whining at the parents. Golden.
So I find what the parents are doing is abnormal, The libs find this "ok"...I take issue with libs finding this "ok" and you someone think I am whining at the parents...even though for the mot part I was going after liberals..in-fact I probably said the word "liberal" far more then the word "parent"...

that comprehension problem of yours?...yeah you should get that checked out...

Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I just finished reading the article and this confirms my belief that liberalism is a mental disorder. Please read the article, it will take less than 2 minutes. These people are a disgrace, and are gonna destroy this childs psyche. Sadly, I'm sure that more than a few Neo Progs here will find this behavior "enlightening" and the epitome of "tolerance."

Canadian couple keeps baby's gender secret, touches off debate | Duluth News Tribune | Duluth, Minnesota
I find their behavior interesting. They run an alternative
school - probably a book in the making down the road -
"When Johnny wants to know his Jane side"

Seeing the pic of the child at 4 months - that is
a boy Next...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies