Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 AM

545 posts, read 400,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
No, most clothes are not engineered to fit their bodies. Is a t-shirt engineered to fit their a women's or man's body? What about jeans? Sweats? Not really...

What about guys in skirts. There's entire cultures that have guys in skirts. Scotland for example. What about the booboo's of Africa. Essentially they are long flowing robes, almost like dresses.

Or how about tight jeans for guys. Not really designed for optimal comfort for certain areas of the body.

Lets go into colors. There was the pink punk fad of the early 2000s. Many guys in my university would wear pink because it was the trend.

Look, the fact is that clothing is another marker that society uses to designate people into one of two genders. That's it. There are some practical things (bras and protective cups), but mostly not.

US standard clothing sizes

This is pretty much common sense and I cant believe I had to post that link.....a 5 large for a male is different for a 5 large for a women....its a reason why the clothes carry different labels and are listed in different parts of the store...my god people..

a women body is slender and curvier to a man's more rugged and harder body and the clothing are made accordingly...I mean female clothing has to take into account for the breast/chest....come on people...damn..

as far as the whole culture thing goes, I have no problem with "guys in dresses"....as long as "he knows he is a guy in a dress"...that he is fully aware that he is a boy they just happens to wear a dress....but if he is doing this to imitate females?...well that is a problem...what if imitations doesn't end and he wants more?...that isn't going to cause confusions?..that your own body is not "right" so you have to scar/modify it to feel good about yourself?

what happened to the PC "everyone is beautiful and unique" thing?...its the frequent talking point that come up on overweight-topic threads, that people should be comfortable with who they are....can't that apply to our freaking gender/sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
US standard clothing sizes

This is pretty much common sense and I cant believe I had to post that link.....a 5 large for a male is different for a 5 large for a women....its a reason why the clothes carry different labels and are listed in different parts of the store...my god people..

a women body is slender and curvier to a man's more rugged and harder body and the clothing are made accordingly...I mean female clothing has to take into account for the breast/chest....come on people...damn..

as far as the whole culture thing goes, I have no problem with "guys in dresses"....as long as "he knows he is a guy in a dress"...that he is fully aware that he is a boy they just happens to wear a dress....but if he is doing this to imitate females?...well that is a problem...what if imitations doesn't end and he wants more?...that isn't going to cause confusions?..that your own body is not "right" so you have to scar/modify it to feel good about yourself?

what happened to the PC "everyone is beautiful and unique" thing?...its the frequent talking point that come up on overweight-topic threads, that people should be comfortable with who they are....can't that apply to our freaking gender/sex?
What about skinny men? Obese women? The majority of women in America are not "slender". Nor are the majority of men in America "harder". Here in Seoul, there is no separate section for t-shirts between males and females. There are separate sections, but many males buy women's jeans because the slim fit is in.

It's not because of "engineering" in that sense. It's more social engineering. Why then are skinny pants for men popular? It's not because it takes into consideration the male anatomy. Why do women's shirts have shorter sleeves? It's not because women have smaller arms. It's pretty simple...women are told to dress in a more seductive way. That's pretty much it.

Simply put it's because of societal standards. That's it.

Gender is a cultural thing.

If a guy doesn't call it a dress, but a kilt, is that different? What about a robe? The point is nobody should be this up in arms if a kid wants a pink boa or camouflage.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
People do NOT choose their gender...that is impossible and YOU refuse to learn what the parents are really doing....so your arguments are ridiculous...

IF you're trying to say parents can raise their children anyway they want then I agree.....there's no reason not to......for some reason you're bringing in another topic...
Lots of kids inherit trust funds.... who said it was wrong? And don't give me some vague, "the liberals do"....show some stats where people are against trust funds....

Trust funds have nothing to do with the topic.
Really?....I mean really?...you're telling me that liberals don't have a problem with people inheriting lots of wealth?.....ok...then how do you feel about it...personally, how do you feel about...oh and by the way, tax-free because it was already taxed and why should you be taxed for giving your kids money, they way you see fit to raise them..

and I mentioned trust funds because the topic is about the way these kids are being raised....that they want to raise their sons to like dresses and people seem to be fine with that...well, are you also ok with people raising their kids to like money and their trust-funds?...are you getting it or are you willfully being dense?

for the last time, they are letting their kids, their toddlers to decide as to what gender they want to be recognized as...

"Because Jazz and Kio wear pink and have long hair, they’re frequently assumed to be girls, according to Stocker. He said he and Witterick don’t correct people–they leave it to the kids to do it if they want to."

"Kathy Witterick and David Stocker recently landed on the front page of the Toronto Star, explaining that they hope their third child, Storm, can remain untouched by the connotations of pink versus blue, male versus female, long enough to make up his or her own mind"

They want the child to make up its own mind as to whether it wants to be identified as a boy or girl..this is just odd, but of course the "enlighten" ones are just too smart to see it..

Last edited by EricGold; 06-01-2011 at 07:11 AM..

Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Uh......when I was a toddler, my mom dressed me according to my gender, perhaps yours didn't?
What parental abuse you suffered!!!

You know ... sometimes it just doesn't pay to discuss subjects of common sense with those who have none.

How can you have a meaningful discussion with someone who'd ask "Do babies have a gender"? Really ... how can you?

This is just another example of mass psychosis which is manifesting in numerous forms.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
What about skinny men? Obese women? The majority of women in America are not "slender". Nor are the majority of men in America "harder". Here in Seoul, there is no separate section for t-shirts between males and females. There are separate sections, but many males buy women's jeans because the slim fit is in.

It's not because of "engineering" in that sense. It's more social engineering. Why then are skinny pants for men popular? It's not because it takes into consideration the male anatomy. Why do women's shirts have shorter sleeves? It's not because women have smaller arms. It's pretty simple...women are told to dress in a more seductive way. That's pretty much it.

Simply put it's because of societal standards. That's it.

Gender is a cultural thing.

If a guy doesn't call it a dress, but a kilt, is that different? What about a robe? The point is nobody should be this up in arms if a kid wants a pink boa or camouflage.
Oh dear God, deal with it, man and female bodies are just different....

didn't I say that I had no problem the way you dress yourself, as long as you know who you are, one more time :

so what defines gender then?...since we are using "cluture" and not "biology" then what are we using?....for example this child likes barbie dolls but happens to be a boy so his gender is....female?...what?...is your gender determined by your interest and behavior...nothing to do with your body?...what?

Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
I always heard that the doctor decided the gender of babies .... that was the purpose of slapping the baby on the butt .... it knocks a certain appendage off of the smart ones.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
FIRST: These people are NOT raising "genderless" children

They are raising children without gender stereotyping...try to learn the difference. Their children are male or female, they are NOT genderless...

GOT IT!?

As to your "that parents can dress and teach their kids to become whatever they please.....well then I can take it you are you also ok parents giving their kids massive estates and also sending them to the best schools....right?...."""

Right! Why wouldn't I be?? You are really stretching to connect those two things

"""you people will no longer whine how "unfair" other peoples lives and upbringing is right?.."""

I never did since I'm not "you people".....and again, you are stretching to make a point that you should really start another thread about since it's not near this topic...
Quote:
People do NOT choose their gender...that is impossible and YOU refuse to learn what the parents are really doing....so your arguments are ridiculous...

IF you're trying to say parents can raise their children anyway they want then I agree.....there's no reason not to......for some reason you're bringing in another topic...
Lots of kids inherit trust funds.... who said it was wrong? And don't give me some vague, "the liberals do"....show some stats where people are against trust funds....

Trust funds have nothing to do with the topic.
Quote:
Really?....I mean really?...you're telling me that liberals don't have a problem with people inheriting lots of wealth?.....ok...then how do you feel about it...personally, how do you feel about...oh and by the way, tax-free because it was already taxed and why should you be taxed for giving your kids money, they way you see fit to raise them..

and I mentioned trust funds because the topic is about the way these kids are being raised....that they want to raise their sons to like dresses and people seem to be fine with that...well, are you also ok with people raising their kids to like money and their trust-funds?...are you getting it or are you willfully being dense?

for the last time, they are letting their kids, their toddlers to decide as to what gender they want to be recognized as...

"Because Jazz and Kio wear pink and have long hair, they’re frequently assumed to be girls, according to Stocker. He said he and Witterick don’t correct people–they leave it to the kids to do it if they want to."

"Kathy Witterick and David Stocker recently landed on the front page of the Toronto Star, explaining that they hope their third child, Storm, can remain untouched by the connotations of pink versus blue, male versus female, long enough to make up his or her own mind"

They want the child to make up its own mind as to whether it wants to be identified as a boy or girl..this is just odd, but of course the "enlighten" ones are just too smart to see it..
See red highlighted above...who is dense????

Old 06-01-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
See red highlighted above...who is dense????

Ok Good, Then I am sorry, So I can expect to see you the next inheritance/wealth related thread supporting parents to pass down as much wealth as they want to their kids with all kinds of ridiculous taxes and cries of "fairness" because that is they way they choose to raise their kids...right?

Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,286,327 times
Maybe they'll end up in jail for child abuse.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:39 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:

And I don't see a problem with any of this.

Gender is an outdated social concept.

We've no need of it anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies