Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I just finished reading the article and this confirms my belief that liberalism is a mental disorder. Please read the article, it will take less than 2 minutes. These people are a disgrace, and are gonna destroy this childs psyche. Sadly, I'm sure that more than a few Neo Progs here will find this behavior "enlightening" and the epitome of "tolerance."

Canadian couple keeps baby's gender secret, touches off debate | Duluth News Tribune | Duluth, Minnesota
Huh? Every liberal I know is disgusted by these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 09:26 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,988 times
The most disgusting thing is that they named the kid "Storm".

Old 05-29-2011, 09:33 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
The most disgusting thing is that they named the kid "Storm".
I know. I'm naming my son Rambo and plan to bathe him only in the blood of the animals he helps me slaughter for our meals. If he ever does anything "girly" I'll whip him until he can't sit for a week.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
I bet these people wouldn't buy shampoo that was tested on a rat, but have no problem using their kid as a social experiment. They better home school their asexual child, because kindergarten is gonna be rough.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

Except for the half dozen or so that are posting in this thread defending them. Did you read the article, they're the very epitome of far left radicals; Neo Progs.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I bet these people wouldn't buy shampoo that was tested on a rat, but have no problem using their kid as a social experiment. They better home school their asexual child, because kindergarten is gonna be rough.
I have two thingys?

Old 05-29-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I have two thingys?
No, to the best of my knowledge the kid is not a hermaphrodite.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,771,151 times
I feel very sad for all three of those children; the parents are displaying very poor judgment in my opinion. I agree that it's social engineering experimentation and it's cringeworthy that these parents would do this to their own children.

Also, it's very easy to see the bias with which the piece was written: "The decision has online haters and supporters of the family on hyperdrive." (from the referenced article...) So....if you disagree with the decision, one is a "hater"?

Old 05-29-2011, 11:03 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Okay. You do know that as little as 80 years ago in the US pink was considered a boys color, blue was for girls, and boys wore dresses until they were 8.

What's gender or sex "appropriate" is cultural - it differs from generation to generation, culture to culture, household to household even.

Why does this family have to conform to your (or the "majority's") expectation or dictation on what children with penises should look and act like, or what children with vaginas should look and act like. If they hold different perceptions of gender and appropriate styles and manner for men vs women, does that make you right and them wrong? What's wrong with letting this kid be a kid and come to find what he or she likes or doesn't like - what he or she identifies with and doesn't identify with?

What if the child is intersex (neither biologically male or female)? What kind of gender roles should intersex infants be forced into?
EXCELLENT post, hammertime!

I fail to see what business this is of anyone's anyway. Why do rightwingers always seem to care so much about what people do in their private lives? Especially when they're the ones railing against government intrusion into private lives. What, the government should stay the hell out, but they can be as nosy and opinionated as they please? Do they not see the hypocrisy in this?

Butt Out! It's NOYB!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
EXCELLENT post, hammertime!

I fail to see what business this is of anyone's anyway. Why do rightwingers always seem to care so much about what people do in their private lives? Especially when they're the ones railing against government intrusion into private lives. What, the government should stay the hell out, but they can be as nosy and opinionated as they please? Do they not see the hypocrisy in this?

Butt Out! It's NOYB!

From post #21 in this thread:

These "parents", and I use that term very loosely are using their kids as props for some radical Neo Prog social engineering experiment. Shame on them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies