Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 08:07 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Gender roles are societal. Gender roles really is what the article focuses. The sex of the child is not being revealed, but the child is non gender normative. Thus, the child may do things that are typically male or female.

GENDER ROLES, what people is a male characteristic or female is societal. It's pretty damn easy.

If you you don't understand HUMANITY is screwed.
Crank-Male, no-crank Female. Yes, we are screwed, that's where babies come from. That's how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Crank-Male, no-crank Female. Yes, we are screwed, that's where babies come from. That's how it works.
Yeah, we all know where babies come from.

What does that have to do with this thread?

Does Mommy also have to know how to walk in high heels in order to ensure the future of the human race?

If Daddy likes to wear eye makeup, will that lower his sperm count and thus endanger the future of the human race?

The topic isn't about not telling the child what gender he or she is. It's about not telling people who have no business knowing to begin with. Could you please explain why parents need to tell everyone whether their newborn is a girl or boy? Why do strangers need to know?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
I think what he is trying to say is a girl can have a masculine gender?

A Male with a feminine gender....

and both Feminine/Masculine are genders which are social constructs of a culture...

I know, doesn't make much sense but at least that is what I hope he is trying say..if not...they you are right...humanity is screwed..
We're screwed .... either way.

Part of the problem seems to be the confusion of "characteristics" and "gender". You may have males who exhibit varying degrees of masculine and feminine "characteristics", much of this being determined by chemicals.

Gender is hardware ... it's root is "genus" which takes higher order over species ... which consequently, destroys the cultural argument of subjective gender based on behavior.

Modern rationalization chooses to define gender as a behavioral "characteristic", which is based on culturally accepted guidelines. But like so many other things ... the human mind is capable of rationalizing any matter, no matter how clear cut ... into blathering nonsense.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

If Daddy likes to wear eye makeup, will that lower his sperm count and thus endanger the future of the human race?
You have it backwards .... when daddy wears eye makeup ... the damage is likely irreversible at that stage, and is merely a symptom.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
We're screwed .... either way.

Part of the problem seems to be the confusion of "characteristics" and "gender". You may have males who exhibit varying degrees of masculine and feminine "characteristics", much of this being determined by chemicals.

Gender is hardware ... it's root is "genus" which takes higher order over species ... which consequently, destroys the cultural argument of subjective gender based on behavior.

Modern rationalization chooses to define gender as a behavioral "characteristic", which is based on culturally accepted guidelines. But like so many other things ... the human mind is capable of rationalizing any matter, no matter how clear cut ... into blathering nonsense.
Part of the problem seems to be the confusion....over what the issue is. The parents are not raising a gender-less child. They are simply refusing to tell people like you what gender their child is. You don't seem to be able to understand that.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
You have it backwards .... when daddy wears eye makeup ... the damage is likely irreversible at that stage, and is merely a symptom.
I know you are trying to be funny, here, and I do appreciate your sense of humor. But what "damage" are you talking about? If daddy likes to wear eye make-up, why do you care?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Part of the problem seems to be the confusion....over what the issue is. The parents are not raising a gender-less child. They are simply refusing to tell people like you what gender their child is. You don't seem to be able to understand that.
You're correct .... and I hope I never do. Actually understanding nonsense is a symptom too.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I know you are trying to be funny, here, and I do appreciate your sense of humor. But what "damage" are you talking about? If daddy likes to wear eye make-up, why do you care?
I would start by saying that many problems in this world are a result of, or perpetuated by not caring enough ... rather than caring too much.

In this instance, we have a couple of mental wackos who seem to feel that the simple revelation of the gender of their child would be a breach of state secrets, for some reason that I do not wish to understand.

But mental illness is something we should all care about ... since we all have to live together, and particularly when the symptoms are so overt, and a defenseless party (a child) is involved.

Are the parents going to name the child a genderless name so as not to reveal the big secret? Shall they refuse to to dress the child in a manner that might suggest the gender?

And ... don't we already have enough damaged kids who are a product of their whack job parents screwing up their heads with nonsensical ideas steeped in mental illness?

It's an unfortunate situation when chemical imbalance causes gender confusion in the affected person .... these instances must pose significant mental anguish upon the person so affected. Shall we also agree to classify another's chemical imbalance as normal when it creates mental confusion in another ... this case, the child .. that would otherwise not manifest?

Put another way ..... striving to rationalize and make every behavior "acceptable" ... creates a lot of unacceptable situations and conditions.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
You're correct .... and I hope I never do. Actually understanding nonsense is a symptom too.
Why is it nonsense? Why do you think it's necessary to impose gender stereotypes on people?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times
Quote:
I have given up, I don't know how simply stating whether you have a boy/son or a girl/daughter is somehow a "oppressive societal conformity"

I don't know how leaving up to a toddler whether it wants to be recognized as a boy or girl won't end up confusing their fragile minds...i mean hasn't nature already taken care of that?..

I don't know how taken your son down the girl and boy aisles of a store and asking them to pick whatever they want is somehow "forward enlighten" parenting and thinking...

I don't know how these people are ok that people mistake their Boy Jazz for a girl and instead of correcting them, leave that reprehensibly to the 5 year old...

Jazz, the Five year old came up with the pseudonym "Gender Expoler" filled with poems and drawings and a reading called "Help girls do boy things. Help boys do girl things. Let your kid be whoever they are!".......yeah, no parental influence there, this 5 year old did that all by himself with his "freedom"..

these people don't want people treating their kids based on gender stereotypes, like giving a boy a truck or a girl a doll....so you would rather people treat them as an anonymous, androgynous, ambiguous "it"?

why can't these people just dress their kids in unisex clothing and say "this is my son"?....why must the let their sons look like girls and have people mistake them as girls and not even bother to tell them the truth? leaving the responsibility to the kids?...

The more I look into this the more bizarre this gets, meanwhile people, mainly the left seem to think this is perfectly fine...in-fact one person said they are putting more effort in parenting like this...

this was crazy when I first heard this, I took a deeper look and now this is just bat sh*t insane...it may not be the world "business" but people tend to like to know who they are dealing with, a man or a woman....before these kids enter the real world they better have a clear understanding of who they are and what they identity with and make it clear....it isn't other peoples responsibility to guess what you are...female workers are only allowed in the female bathrooms....if your boss can't be too sure what you are it isn't his fault that you don't get the job or get fired, he or the world doesn't have to bend for your needs...

Like I said, I have given up, none of this make sense, the only reason why I stayed around was to try to figure out how this could make sense to anyone and sadly that just lead to even more senselessness...

Last edited by EricGold; 06-01-2011 at 09:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies