Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 02:16 PM

855 posts, read 1,173,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If your "background" is to live on government assistant and vote for people who will help you maintain that lifestyle I have no problem with you not voting my my party... whatever that might be. I do not welcome people who live their lives with their hands out waiting for more to be given to them, I have nothing in common with those people and I want nothing to do with those people.

and you know this of ALL people who live in urban areas how???? it's these stereotypes and generalizations that show blacks that the conservatives are not interested in including them in any type of open discussion or genuinely want their vote. how simple of you to think all blacks in urban areas are on govt assistance (or even want it). again. it goes back to inclusion, and the right has proven time and again that they would rather make assumptions and stereotypes, instead of working at inclusion and finding solutions for ALL Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 02:18 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So why are you focusing on the Black vote then? You should have a real problem with the Corporatations that hold their hands out to the government meanwhile shipping jobs overseas. I know I know taxes are high, the unions, insurance...blah blah blah...bottom line, their still sucking more out of the tax payers than anyone on government assistance.

Oh and in case you weren't aware, there are more WHITES on government assistance than Blacks. And even more bad news for the seniors, unless you plan to kick the can before you become one if your not already. I guess you will not partake in any medicare or social security.
I'm not focusing on any one group, I pay attention to them all... multitasking, it's one of my many talents.

There are 7 or 8 times as many white people in this country than there are black, that would explain one of your typical talking points. I've been forced to pay for medicare and social security all my life, if the gov. cut me a check today for what I've paid in I'd gladly give up my right to collect the money I've been forced to pay in.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
and you know this of ALL people who live in urban areas how???? it's these stereotypes and generalizations that show blacks that the conservatives are not interested in including them in any type of open discussion or genuinely want their vote. how simple of you to think all blacks in urban areas are on govt assistance (or even want it). again. it goes back to inclusion, and the right has proven time and again that they would rather make assumptions and stereotypes, instead of working at inclusion and finding solutions for ALL Americans.
I didn't say all so keep that type of ignorant assumption to yourself. I've already told you, there are quite a few voters that I don't want support from because they come at a price and always want more in return for their vote, they've been programmed by Democrats for decades. There are a lot of people who want "inclusion" when it comes to getting things from the gov. but when it comes to paying for it that "inclusion" crap goes out the window and the victim mentality kicks in, that's why almost half of the people in this country pay no federal income taxes.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:38 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
For what its worth I would have voted for Colin Powell.

Also when the people in here are calling Hermain Cain an uncle tom, they are calling him one because he basically publicly insulted a large portion of Black Americans so that he could look better to his white conservative voters. That is what an Uncle Tom is: putting down your race to make yourself look better to another. It doesn't have anything to do with one's success in life.

Also Backspace, you only changed your stance or "clarified" it because someone called you out on it. Before then you were just talking about black folk.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
For what its worth I would have voted for Colin Powell.

Also when the people in here are calling Hermain Cain an uncle tom, they are calling him one because he basically publicly insulted a large portion of Black Americans so that he could look better to his white conservative voters. That is what an Uncle Tom is: putting down your race to make yourself look better to another. It doesn't have anything to do with one's success in life.

Also Backspace, you only changed your stance or "clarified" it because someone called you out on it. Before then you were just talking about black folk.
Who cares if he offended the Democrats. They aren't his target audience. Democrats go around offending people all the freaking time when they speak.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:45 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
When was Herman Cain ever a Democrat? Or is he just an idiot?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
When was Herman Cain ever a Democrat? Or is he just an idiot?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:53 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
Herman Cain said that because some black people he knows don't understand why he's gone to the Tea Party.I can understand him, he knows TP isn't racist because he's an insider of the movement, and many supporters of him are tea partiers.Maybe he thinks he can change that.
He won't be able to change that as long as people like Rand Paul, and Ron Paul feel like it's perfectly O.K. for private businesses to discriminate

He won't be able to change that as long as people like Sarah Palin stands in front of a crowd of White Americans and screams "We want our country back".

He won't because when Dr. Laura Schlesinger went on an tirade and shouted n*gger numerous times on her nationally syndicated radio show, Sarah Palin and other Conservatives jumped to her defense in the name of preserving her First Amendment rights but NOBODY in Conservative America condemned her use of racially derogatory language. To many Black Americans that silence on that particular issue was DEAFENING. The same goes for Rush Limbaughs repeated remarks that are either racially insensitive at the least and racially insulting at the worst.

He won't because the Tea Party advocates "states' rights" and "states' rights" has been historically used to pass laws that are racially discriminatory and exclusionary and have been used to politically, economically and socially disenfranchise Black Americans.

And he won't because the Tea Party is basically the rebranding of the Republican's Party's "Southern Strategy" that has traditionally used political policies to curry favor with Conservative Southern White voters.

Lee Atwater

Quote:
As a member of the Reagan administration in 1981, Atwater gave an anonymous interview to Political Scientist Alexander P. Lamis. Part of this interview was printed in Lamis' book The Two-Party South, then reprinted in Southern Politics in the 1990s with Atwater's name revealed. Bob Herbert reported on the interview in the 6 October 2005 edition of the New York Times. Atwater talked about the GOP's Southern Strategy and Ronald Reagan's version of it:

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [the new Southern Strategy of Ronald Reagan] doesn’t have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "N****r, n****r, n****r." By 1968 you can't say "n****r" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N****r, n****r."[6][7]

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 06-03-2011 at 03:04 PM..

Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Who cares if he offended the Democrats. They aren't his target audience. Democrats go around offending people all the freaking time when they speak.
Moderates and independents care. Besides, I was just correcting someone, i forget who, about what an uncle tom is and that it did not have to do with someone's success in life.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:03 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Herman loves the race card
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies