Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 12:43 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times

Advertisements

He just sold his soul to the devil. Calling every African American who doesn't think like him an ignorant slave, and getting approval for the statement by white conservatives. This is the exact kind of African American conservative the Republican party does not need.
The problem with African American conservatives, at least the ones who get any attention, is they have to convince the Republican Party that they are so different from "regular" black folk. whats wrong with an African American who can say, I'm just just like most African Americans but on a lot of key issues I'm a little right of center.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 06-03-2011 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 12:45 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
He doesn't care about you Democrats, don't you get that? Why should he?
Really?

He wants to alienate democrats that may be on the fence about who they will vote for in the coming election?

Bad strategy.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:45 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Let's take this one step at a time, you and others claimed that Kerry got a higher percentage of the black vote which is WRONG. I pointed it, you agree and now you're trying to twist it somehow... ok, moving on.

Of course tons of whites voted for Obama, there are plenty idiots out there in all races and due to population numbers there are a lot more white idiots than black idiots in the US.
If your going to quote me, make sure you don't embellish, it makes it appear as if your lying. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Again with this. Every Democratic candidate has received the same if not more % of the Black vote, so get over it. As far as the promise to get blacks out of the ghetto and poverty, which candidate? Provide the link...In my life time I have NEVER heard or seen a candidate make this statement.
So your calling blacks uneducated because their not voting Republican considering they have done NOTHING for Blacks, Hispanics or even WHITE middle class during the 12 years they had control, I guess its because we didn't vote for them.
It was YOUR statement that made it appear as if he gain a large margin which was NOT the case. He gained 2% more than Kerry. Now that you've acknowledge that racial support is a HUMAN NATURE, YES we can move on from this.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:46 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He just sold his soul to the devil. Calling every African American who doesn't think him an ignorant slave, and getting approval for the statement by white conservatives. This is the exact kind of African American conservative the Republican party does not need.
The problem with African American conservatives, at least the ones who get any attention, is they have to convince the Republican Party that they are so different from "regular" black folk. whats wrong with an African American with an African American who can say, I'm just just like most African Americans but on a lot of key issues I'm a little right of center.
He sold his soul to the devil? Oh please. You guys are hilarious.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:49 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
If your going to quote me, make sure you don't embellish, it makes it appear as if your lying. ..

It was YOUR statement that made it appear as if he gain a large margin which was NOT the case. He gained 2% more than Kerry. Now that you've acknowledge that racial support is a HUMAN NATURE, YES we can move on from this.
My statement was 100% fact, Obama received a larger percentage of the black vote than anyone in history and 2% of the US black voting population IS a lot of people.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:50 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,982 times
Quote:
Its not the lefties that are the riot, its those of you that REFUSE to respect an opinion that does not align with yours.
Exactly. It's the people on all sides that can't even be vaguely respectful about a difference of opinion that don't help matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He just sold his soul to the devil. Calling every African American who doesn't think him an ignorant slave, and getting approval for the statement by white conservatives. This is the exact kind of African American conservative the Republican party does not need.
The problem with African American conservatives, at least the ones who get any attention, is they have to convince the Republican Party that they are so different from "regular" black folk.
THANK YOU. You don't have to be an ass about it. That is about convincing the predominately white faithful that you are one of them by trash talking everyone else. That is what gets him the side eye, not the fact he's Republican.

There are a lot of African Americans with some decidely conservative views. They could probably be persuaded if anyone ever came at them correctly. But too many go around doing stuff like this.

Last edited by Tinawina; 06-03-2011 at 12:59 PM..

Old 06-03-2011, 12:52 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
Quote:
Neither party is worth the American Choice brand of toilet tissue I use each time I wipe my arse. So please give it a rest. Its pathetic that you would honestly believe that a vote for either party would benefit anyone other than that politician that has scored a free ride for the rest of their life.
I agree with you on this one. Since you feel that way, why vote nearly exclusively for either one?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Exactly. Its the people on all sides that can't even be vaguely respectful about a difference of opinion don't help matters.

THANK YOU. You don't have to be an ass about it. That is about convincing the predominately white faithful that you are one of them by trash talking everyone else. That is what gets him the side eye, not the fact he's Republican.

There are a lot of African Americans with some decidely conservative views. They could probably be persuaded if anyone ever came at them correctly. But too many go around doing stuff like this.

Again, maybe he needs to have a conversation with the Clintons, "how did you go from majority support among Blacks for 6 months to a free fall in a matter of 1 day"?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 PM

956 posts, read 1,113,851 times
All I have read in this thread is the reactionary commentary we have become accosted to from the right. The hypocrisy of complaining about the mistreatment of black conservatives while bashing all blacks who do not follow that paradigm is astounding. I think perhaps it is time for (black) conservatives to try a different technique at expanding their base. The holier-than-thou attitude which comes along with their "enlightenment" is pathetic.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:57 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
This thread is a good example how conservatives think black people can't think for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies