Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:28 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
His peronality seems uncle tom-ish. And calm down your slave references. Your taking a few to many steps.
Slave references?

Of course he seems uncle Tom-ish to you, I fully expect that from people who look at him and think "he's not supposed to be a conservative, he's a black man!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 12:30 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
His peronality seems uncle tom-ish. And calm down your slave references. Your taking a few to many steps.
Another word for the people who live on the Democrat Plantation is useful idiots.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:31 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Obama got a larger percentage of the black vote than any previous presidential candidate EVER, jesus christ read a book before you say something stupid like that.

I'm calling anyone who blindly votes for whoever their parents and grandparents voted for uneducated. Anyone who votes for someone who simply "looks like them" is an idiot and tons of black people voted for Obama for those exact reasons, hell people here on CD have admitted that they voted for Obama because he looked like them. Republicans have done nothing and that's exactly what Democrats have done as well.

Larger percentage? There was a 2% difference between Kerry and Obama 2%, maybe you should read a book before you choose the childish personal attacks. And there were tons of WHITES who did the SAME and???? Its called HUMAN NATURE. Point to where in any of my posts did I state that Democrats were ANY BETTER than Republicans. I will wait.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:31 PM

111 posts, read 97,735 times
Didn't he support affirmative action? No way I'm going to vote for someone who supported affirmative action.

I personally know of dozens of black people who voted for obama just because he was "black" because thats all they talked about, they didn't know a thing about him other than that hes "black".

Old 06-03-2011, 12:33 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
The problem is he's making huge condescending statements that show some erroneous assumptions:
1. Black people don't criticize the president... uh, no. Ask Cornell West and Tavis Smiley. Then visit your local black barbershop.
2. Black people only vote Democrat because of some kind of slave mentality.... sure. That's it. There could be nothing about the Republican Party's history around race from the civil rights movement onward, right? Or the "Southern Strategy". That has nothing to do with anything. It's all because we are too stupid to know any better and can't think for ourselves. I don't know about you, but I ALWAYS want to vote for people who regularly tell me I'm stupid, lazy and looking for handouts. Yup.

He's going to have to modify that speech when he get in front of a black crowd. LOL

Old 06-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
i like Herman Cain a lot but I did not like the Plantation comment. Your insulting every black democrat.
It is possible to promote your own ideas and policies without stepping on others. I thought Herman Cain knew this, if not.. I dont' expect I would vote for him..
He doesn't care about you Democrats, don't you get that? Why should he?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:36 PM

The Lefties here are a real riot. They want to hang Cain for what he said, but it is just FINE for all the Dems to go around and call Repubs murderers and granny killers. You guys need to get your priorities stright.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Lefties here are a real riot. They want to hang Cain for what he said, but it is just FINE for all the Dems to go around and call Repubs murderers and granny killers. You guys need to get your priorities stright.
LOL. Want to hang him? What I see most people saying is that he's not coming off so hot, and he'll likely offend black voters. But sure, hang him I guess.

And since this is a thread about Cain, I suspect people are talking about, you know, Cain and not what other people who have nothing to do with the subject at hand said.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Larger percentage? There was a 2% difference between Kerry and Obama 2%, maybe you should read a book before you choose the childish personal attacks. And there were tons of WHITES who did the SAME and???? Its called HUMAN NATURE. Point to where in any of my posts did I state that Democrats were ANY BETTER than Republicans. I will wait.
Let's take this one step at a time, you and others claimed that Kerry got a higher percentage of the black vote which is WRONG. I pointed it, you agree and now you're trying to twist it somehow... ok, moving on.

Of course tons of whites voted for Obama, there are plenty idiots out there in all races and due to population numbers there are a lot more white idiots than black idiots in the US.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post

Uhmmm...If I recall correctly, the Granny killer thing was also a Republican point. Again, no difference in either party or their tactics. Unfortunately you refuse to see it. I would like Cain to represent the strong BLACK man that he is without stooping to denegrading and disrespect to appeal to the "masses". Its not the lefties that are the riot, its those of you that REFUSE to respect an opinion that does not align with yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies