Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 02:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Every nation has had it's share of committing evil acts against its own citizens. Darfur, Rwanda, German atrocities, Serbia, Pol Pot and the killing fields, etc.,

What will history record as the worst Atrocity on U.S. soil?
US actions against the native population and slavery.

[not that there is much we can do to undo it now but we should at least be honest and acknowledge these events]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 02:28 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
September 11, 2001.

Precipitated several wars.
Precipitated the U.S. and world economy taking a nosedive.
Squandered trillions.
Lost productivity.
Unnecessary deaths.
Caused more widespread mistrust of Islam and people of Middle Eastern descent in the U.S.
Caused homegrown terrorism among Muslims.
I'm surprised there is only one mention of 9/11 on this thread...

Nearly 3,000 at the World Trade Center murdered.

Shorted the airline stocks...

Collected on the insurance policy on the World Trade Center complex...

So the Globalists could have their wars in Iraq and Afghanistan...

Old 06-25-2011, 02:37 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,607,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post

Check your conspiracy theories at the door. This is for actual atrocities the US has committed on their own soil.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Passing Obamacare by legislators who had not read or completely understood what they approved.

Following that is the lack of outrage by the American people which allow those very same elected representatives to remain in office.
There is a very definite need for mental health counseling in this country. I don't think your opinion is even that rare. One can call it illness or one can call it partisan.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:48 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Check your conspiracy theories at the door. This is for actual atrocities the US has committed on their own soil.
No CT's... These are facts...

Old 06-25-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I was hoping it would at least make it past the first page
To a lot of these commenters, caucasions have never commited any atrocities and they can only trace their knowledge of such talk to the first time they watched Fox or heard Limbaugh. The Dumbing Down runs deep and wide.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:58 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
[SIZE=3]atrocity - definition of atrocity by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]a·troc·i·ty[/SIZE] (-trs-t)
n. pl. a·troc·i·ties 1. Appalling or atrocious condition, quality, or behavior; monstrousness.
2. An appalling or atrocious act, situation, or object, especially an act of unusual or illegal cruelty inflicted by an armed force on civilians or prisoners.

How can the institution of slavery be an atrocity?

I'll might agree with you on the american Indian thing (although they were doing it to themselves before mighty whitey came along) but Slavery was an accepted pratice world wide throughout history even on this continent before MW got here.........

Old 06-25-2011, 03:34 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Still does not changed or excuse what happened in the US.

What you said is, I stole the money because George, Jim, Jeff, and Ryan also stole the money. The fact remains that you stole the money.
Slavery was a fact of life from 5000 yrs BC to the 1800's, and to some extent is still goes on today.
There are also less noticeable forms of slavery such as economic slavery that are still practiced today.
I am not making excuses for anything. I am just stating the truth. Deal with it.
Stop expecting life to be fair.
People get victimized because they do not have the courage to resist it. Millions of people in history stood up and decided to fight and die not to be victims.
It is the weak who allow the institutions of victimization to exist and to thrive.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The South distingusihed itself by kiling thousands of Union prisoners in a muddy hell hole called Andersonville in Georgia. When a few Andersonville escapees made it to Sherman's forces, his troops were so sickened by their condition that they resolved to make the South howl and they redoubbled their effort to make the heart of the Confederacy pay in blood and treasure.
Don't forget the Union also starved to death its fair share of Confederates it captured, in response to Andersonville

Old 06-25-2011, 03:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Every nation has had it's share of committing evil acts against its own citizens. Darfur, Rwanda, German atrocities, Serbia, Pol Pot and the killing fields, etc.,

What will history record as the worst Atrocity on U.S. soil?
Long ago slavey.
Currently government unions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies