Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
hah. Pull your head out of your ass and then we can talk. We are now going around in circles over and over and over again, when I say "wealth" you respond with "income."
Your head is up your ass. Either way you look at it, the top 1% are paying MORE than what you advocate they pay, "equal to the share."

Quote:
Republicans / Conservatives / GOP Hard-liners do NOT want to use WEALTH as a basis for taxation. They want to make everything about INCOME because that screws the middle class.
You must have missed the FACT that the top 1%'s share of the wealth was highest under DEMOCRAT CLINTON and declined under Bush. You have your political parties reversed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Your head is up your ass. Either way you look at it, the top 1% are paying MORE than what you advocate they pay, "equal to the share."

You must have missed the FACT that the top 1%'s share of the wealth was highest under DEMOCRAT CLINTON and declined under Bush. You have your political parties reversed.
While you make VERY good and valid points, it is best to ignore the leftie loonies. They refuse to see the truth and have learned from birth (or the moment they declared themselves a leftie) to lie, deflect, blame the other side, and then run away when all else fails.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Thumbs down lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Raising taxes to 100% wont equate to taking their wealth.. You do realize that, right?

The fact that 6M americans can control 98% of what you see, is because that 6M americans took advantage of the opportunities afforded to them while the others sat back and moaned and groaned about what they were "entitled" to..
Quote:
wow, realtors get 7% of the sales price of a property while many sellers get zero because they have mortgages. I bet you have no problem with realtors getting compensated for your work, do you, but now you sit here and moan and groan at the 2% who get compensated. Really, whats your point other than to point out that 302,745,538 americans (which is a pathetic figure because it counts children) dont take advantage of the opportunities afforded to them?
lol....

Moan and groan?

You made that up.

Quote:
6M americans can control 98% of what you see, because that 6M americans took advantage of the opportunities afforded to them while 302,745,538 Americans sat back and moaned and groaned about what they were "entitled" to..
I find your viewpoint and feelings toward the American people very interesting.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol....

Moan and groan?

You made that up.
Right, we dont hear lefties moan and groan daily about "the rich", oh wait, this threads yet another one of those.. Maybe you missed this thread.. nope.. you didnt..
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I find your viewpoint and feelings toward the American people very interesting.
You find me posting a fact, "interesting"? Is it not a fact that 2% own x (I used an x because the amount is debatable) amount of assets? YES. Has the other 98% done the same thing as the 2%? NO..Did they start Microsoft, buyup hundreds of companies like Buffet, or rental properties like trump? Do they constantly buy new cars they cant afford, max out their credit cards? Yes..

These arent my "opinion", these are facts. The mass population spends while the 2% invests.. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:36 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
its almost laughable that those who pay ZERO, say someone else who pays the lion share of the taxes, arent paying enough

I think you need to re-educate yourself, especially considering NAFTA was signed by Clinton

I think that you need to read better, where did I say anything about a particuliar party? I said the RICH! I don't give a damn about which party that they come from. You should remove yourself from the party lies and look at things for what they are. The rich have been making millions/billions of dollars over the last 8-10 years and the economy still took a dive, so what is the point that you are trying to make again? Apparently that train of thought no longer works (and did not work during "voodooeconomics years either) don't you think that it is time to go the other way now? It just makes common sense.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Wal Mart employees how many millions of americans? Its a world wide retail store, so tell me how raising the taxes on these individuals, would equate to more american jobs?
I don't recall saying anything about raising the workers taxes, hell they don't get pay that much in the first place. I'm talking about those who are benefitting from the slave labor in foreign companies producing their goods, I'm talking about the community business that were eliminated after a walmart moved in, I'm talking about the jobs that were forstaken when walmart decided to buy overseas instead of in this country.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I think that you need to read better, where did I say anything about a particuliar party? I said the RICH! I don't give a damn about which party that they come from. You should remove yourself from the party lies and look at things for what they are.
Actually you specifically listed Reagan.
Quote:
It is almost laughable that low income people justify giving tax cuts to the rich. It is already proven that Reganomics does not work, but instead they (the rich) managed to get more cuts and benefits from laws and treaties that have been passed (NAFTA) that increase their profits.
Quote:
The rich have been making millions/billions of dollars over the last 8-10 years and the economy still took a dive, so what is the point that you are trying to make again?
haha, so your synopsis is, that if the rich make money, the economy is poor? Really? The point I need to make is that you need to study economic business cycles and stop embarassing yourself
Quote:
Apparently that train of thought no longer works (and did not work during "voodooeconomics years either) don't you think that it is time to go the other way now? It just makes common sense.
Actually voodoo economics lowered the middle class and raised more out of poverty, by making more people rich, (at that time calculated by incomes over $50K), he substantially boosted the median income in america, and you want it to go away? What conclusion could I come to other than you hate the rich, want to reverse the policies which boosted the median incomes in america, other than you love people being poor?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,221 times
Quote:
Actually you specifically listed Reagan.

haha, so your synopsis is, that if the rich make money, the economy is poor? Really? The point I need to make is that you need to study economic business cycles and stop embarassing yourself

Actually voodoo economics lowered the middle class and raised more out of poverty, by making more people rich, (at that time calculated by incomes over $50K), he substantially boosted the median income in america, and you want it to go away? What conclusion could I come to other than you hate the rich, want to reverse the policies which boosted the median incomes in america, other than you love people being poor?
Don't you know..some people will not be happy until we are economically equal...so to these folks it doesn't mater that x % of the population increased their incomes/wealth, if the scoeity as a whole did not...well, then, those evil wealthy and high earners have too much money for their own good...and must have snuckered the rest out of their money through offering jobs and pay that matched their skill and value...

Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Just as I thought, you cant provide a valid reason why those who pay for almost everything, should "sacrifice"..
Maybe it is time for you to recognize that an extremely imbalanced society in terms of affluence is very dangerous, both economically and socially. No one says that a capitalist system should produce an equality of outcomes, but when things become too distorted - when the top CEO makes 1,000 times the typical worker and the bottom 50% hasn't seen their living standard change much at all since 1970... what do you think will happen?

Not everyone can be a Bill Gates. The lower classes need jobs that can allow them to live. That's how it has always worked; the rich would take the risks and provide the jobs and wealth trickles down to the lower classes. The rich get to keep a lot more since they took the risk, and that's fine. But the lower classes used to also get something.

But now the gap has skyrocketed. The rich are keeping an enormous chunk and the jobs...well, they're mostly gone or they're inferior to what used to be there. So you have a sea of lower class people who are now increasingly dependent on the direct transfer of aid from the top few percent - they are basically enslaved. What else do you expect them to do? Again, only a few are cut out to be a Bill Gates. Before, at least these people could really work and earn a real living. Not anymore.

So when you defend this skyrocketing disparity...what else do you expect? This is a vicious cycle! I'm not saying we should do something as naive as just sucking money out of the rich peoples' pockets into the poor's...this just perpetuates and exacerbates this cycle of disparity. I'm saying that fundamentally, this system has gotten way out of balance. It's not that taxes on the rich need to be raised; it's that jobs and incomes need to somehow come back for the rest of America.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I don't recall saying anything about raising the workers taxes, hell they don't get pay that much in the first place.
I'm not discussing the workers of Wal Mart, I'm discussing the OWNERS. That was the question asked..
Quote:
Ok, but what about the owners of walmart
Quote:
I'm talking about those who are benefitting from the slave labor in foreign companies producing their goods, I'm talking about the community business that were eliminated after a walmart moved in, I'm talking about the jobs that were forstaken when walmart decided to buy overseas instead of in this country.
Lets again recap what I said..

How will raising taxes on these people, (the owners, just so you dont get confused again), equate to more jobs in america? How will taxing them more, stop them from producing in other countries? We are a WORLD WIDE economy, and libeals need to start thinking like it. We dont live in a bubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies