Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

the people who should sacrifice are those who are overpaid or those who are getting government handouts. why should people who earn their money sacrifice any more than less earnings from the bad economy? sacrifice isnt a great word, its more like time for some people to stop being parasites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 01:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Interesting, because I seen to begining of the crack epidemic which in turn lead to high incarcerations which lead to more private prisons being built which lead to more industries created thus many more millionaires. In otherwords there were just as many people falling through the crack as there were those who were making them. In short which segment of america climbed during the reagan era? Everyone did not
What the hell does crack epidemic have to do with the subject? EVERY segment of america climbed during the regan era.

When Reagan took office poverty rate was 14%.. It rose to 15.2% in 1982, but then the tax cuts kicked in and poverty fell to 11.4%.. You want to increase poverty again?
Quote:
It would help if EVERYONE could be as fortunate, understand what you did was not necessarily the norm but the exception. Youproably did not have a jail record, addiction probelm, suffered through racism, or sexism either. The Reagan years was a good time to be a semi-educated white male
So now its my fault, that others make back choices and suffer with addiction problems, have jail records? I'll ignore the bs about racism and sexism, because you havent a clue what I am of either.

Me working my way out of homelessness wasnt "fortunate", it was me understanding that it was MY fault, and I had to become responsible. Making the rich poorer, wouldnt have solved my homeless problem. I will never understand how so many on the left think bringing those "rich" down, will move everyone up. Thats like suggesting football games should be capped at 100 points, so those who have 0 points can catch up..

All you did was make the typical left wing excuses for failure...
Quote:
War is a great opportunity to become wealth(ier) just ask Mr Cheney
Dont change the subject.

Last edited by pghquest; 06-30-2011 at 02:08 PM..

Old 06-30-2011, 02:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
businesses didn't send any jobs overseas. they exist to make profits. it's called competition. liberals, unions, and taxes sent those jobs overseas. as for the rest of your little diatribe, it serves no purpose. you're ranting to back up your weird little "idea" that everybody who makes more money than you "lies" and is some sort of illuminati is ridiculous. IF you lived in a world of reality, it's something sane people call "competition."

True, and since they are getting big tax breaks and on top of that paying some third world country pennies on a dollar in sweatshops to bring back to this country high priced items which we buy readilly.....Tax the hell out of them until they bring those jobs back! I suggest that you read
[SIZE=3]Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses ...[/SIZE]
as far as what you believe makes little nevermind to me, I know what I know and cannot explain what you do not

i never said that people didn't do well in those neighborhoods. there are people who graduated high school in those neighborhoods, which is good. but i have to ask why my going to the bronx or compton (which i've been to both) does anything to change the fact that they have low graduation rates, high teen pregnancy rates, high murder rates, etc? because it doesn't. that's easily provided for us all through basic google searches.

in america and in the 1830 us census, there were almost 4,000 BLACK slave owners AND there were WHITE slaves.

The Forgotten White Slaves Of America – by – Nehesy – Rasta Livewire

The American Past: A Survey of ... - Google Books

Why were they forgotten? How about because they were able to assimulate into the general population and automatically assume the rights and priviledges afforded to them as being human in this country without the stigma of slavery? When were they freed? Did they have to be freed by proclamation? Were they lynched after they left the plantation? How much did their children, grandchildren or even great grandchildren suffer in later generations? Did they face discrimination 50, 75 or even 100 years later? It sure must be nice to be able trace your roots to Ireland unlike the Afican slaves

i fail to see why you bring up this idea that my ancestors were evil "baby daddies" of the ruling class anyway... because very likely some of my irish ancestors were slaves and because it does nothing to disprove the fact that my ancestors who immigrated from ireland, germany, france, etc were paid crap wages, without welfare, and worked through child labor and flourished within the generation.
The baby daddy thing came from the raping of slaves. I guess it would be hard for you to understand the difference of what your ancestors went through and what present minorities have gone through over the last 100 years and are still going through

Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I see a lot of unstable ranting.

not a single example of a corporation paying taxes that arent passed along to their customers....

come one people think policy thru to its natural conclusion.
I will try to answer this question as obviously those on the left are either clueless or don't want to admit the truth...

I work for a large fortune 50 company..

My company will have a 2.3% tax placed on our sales (not profit) starting in 2013 to help pay for Healthcare for those "folks" unwilling to pay for it themselves....

Health Care Reform, Device Tax | MedicalDevices.org

We will maintain our profit margins - so our options, discontinue the products (not likely), provide volume discounts to customers to make up for this (could happen), increase costs of our products which will be passed on to the consumer (hospital, insurance company, and more out of pocket expenses for patient) (99% certain to happen). Also, this with additional uncertantity will most likely affect our hiring practices, an example of how Govt policies got in the way of a large business...

This is my take...comments from those on the left?

Last edited by Secchamps98; 06-30-2011 at 02:43 PM..

Old 06-30-2011, 02:39 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
you sound angry. should you get something?
Yes, I am angry. Angry at the poster I responded to for ASsuming that middle class people have a free ride, somehow.

His post was derrogatory toward the middle class and it made me angry!

Should I have cowered and just taken the abuse?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
so you arent going to answer the question either...

as for the rich, you do realize that the top 2% pay something like 60% of income tax right?

back to the question. how exactly do corporations pay taxes without passing along those costs to thier customers?
They make an eensie weensie amount less on their stocks?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, I am angry. Angry at the poster I responded to for ASsuming that middle class people have a free ride, somehow.

His post was derrogatory toward the middle class and it made me angry!

Should I have cowered and just taken the abuse?
Its not abuse to post facts. You might not want to hear it, but thats not my problem. Did I hurt your feelings by posting facts like, 51% of americans pay ZERO?

Why dont we post some more facts to make you angry
The average tax rate for a family of four is 4.7%.

Federal Income Taxes on Middle-Income Families at Historically Low Levels — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
So tell me again why its the rich that should be paying more?
Quote:
Um, corporations dont make money on stocks, stockholders do, ironically many of them middle class americans Stocks are a liabilities to corporations, not an asset.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What exactly do you think you are owed, that you arent getting?
Answered this one already.

I don't think I'm owed anything.

The poster was rude.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:48 PM

326 posts, read 871,995 times
Quote:
Why should they do that? Do you have any reason to believe that they would choose to take lower profits instead of simply passing on costs?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Answered this one already.

I don't think I'm owed anything.

The poster was rude.
I was the poster, and I was not at all being rude.. Here is EXACTLY what I said..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
because the money goes to the poor and middle class
Again, you not wanting to hear the facts, dont equate to me being rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies