Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
IMO, there is only one audience for which pot in its natural form should be legal for and that is those in Hospice. Heck give them any drug they want. There's nothing else we can do for them. For the rest, develop drugs that treat the specific symptom/disease in question, preferrably, without the high so decision making is not compromised and we don't have kids trying to get their hands on those drugs.
IF kids trying to get their hands on drugs for the high was really a concern, many modern prescription drugs would have to be banned. There's that BigPharma $$$ at work again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
This kills me. I love how people that want to smoke weed just love to push weed cure all, its like snake oil!

When I had cancer every pothead friend of mine gave me weed. I decided to research and see if it was worth doing. I mean smoking weed should be fun(i had smoked previously in my life). My conclusions between cancer mssage boards, reports, and my doctor.....

Don't do it. It may interfere with some of my drugs, it will through off the blood tests that were being used to track my tumor markers, which in turn makes prescribing chemotherapy doses a lot harder, and potentially would require the doc to error on the highside giving you more chemo then needed and uneccesarrily making you sick.

Also I don't k.ow how anyone can logically say inhaling the fumes of anything burning is not just "not harmful" but actually "good" for you. What other thing in the world does anyone agree breathing.g the fumes of it burning is "good" for you. A forest fire is natural.... But smokeinhalation is harmful.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
If you don't want to use it, don't use it. But its used to treat other things than nausea in cancer patients. What about people who want to use it rather than anti-depressants? I used it medicinally right after my sister nearly died in a car accident to treat my depression and anxiety. I managed to continue running my businesses successfully. There were days where I didn't want to get out of bed.

Also, you don't have to smoke it to consume it. You can eat it as well.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Get over myself???? Huh.. This isn't about me.

Yes, alchohol is legal but two wrongs don't make a right. By your logic, why not make herion legal? Or Meth? Think of all the cottage industry with meth labs in people's houses legal now. People could make all kinds of money. And kids, who cares if they're subjected to high parents and easy access to drugs. All that matters is having the legal right to get high....GET OVER YOURSELF! Your percieved right to get high does not override the rights of society. You don't need to get high. You don't need to drink either but having one legal drug doesn't mean we should legalize them all.

Pot is a serious issue because anyone can grow it. How do you keep a 13 year old from buying pot when it's legal to grow it in your back yard? We have enough problems with teens and drugs without making pot legal and why does it need to be legal? Do people really NEED to get high? What purpose does that serve for society? What is wrong with people that they fight this hard for the right to get high? We should be fighting for things that improve life not checking out by using drugs.

I see no benefit in making pot legal. I see a lot of risk of easy access if we do. Alcohol is bad enough. We don't need to add pot to the list.
I believe in full lagalization and decriminalization. So your first paragraph falls on deaf ears.

So you think that the only reasons people don't use drugs is because they are illegal? You honestly think our current drug laws are working???

We have some of the highest addiction rates in the developed world. We have some of the most violent neighborhoods (mainly due to the drug trade) in the world.

Something is not working!!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 AM

Don't forget to ban caffeine too!! It's a mind altering drug. We don't want people drinking coffee just to get high!!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
I think easily available pot will be great for replacing medical care and pharmaceuticals under Obama care. From what the potheads are saying, marijuana cures cancer, cures depression, cures arthritis, cures headaches.

End Obama care and let everyone lay around smoking pot that they grow themselves. That would cut a lot of health care costs.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Feds say marijuana has no medical purpose.

Most of the fed itself has little purpose.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Feds say marijuana has no medical purpose.

They are correct. If people want to escape reality by using drugs or getting drunk, then do it, but don't call it medicine, or medical treatment. Call it for what it is: getting high and getting drunk.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

They are correct. If people want to escape reality by using drugs or getting drunk, then do it, but don't call it medicine, or medical treatment. Call it for what it is: getting high and getting drunk.

whats wrong with getting a little buzz??

Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Getting high and getting low.

And, alcohol is addictive to people with those kinds of brains.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:48 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
There are already medications out there that safely do all of these things with minimal side effects.

You know, I could get more on board with this medical marijuana thing if it wasn't all just a front for people who want to use it recreationally.
Most pharmaceutical medications are hideously expensive, and unnatural. Marijuana can be grown, it's not addictive and it's affordable for people who don't have health insurance.

And what's wrong with people using it recreationally? As long as they aren't smoking in public or driving while stoned, then why does that matter to you?

Do you have an issue with alcohol/cigarettes being used recreationally? Do you want to ban them too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies