Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:55 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
whats wrong with getting a little buzz??
I didn't say it was wrong, I said to call it for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 12:56 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Getting high and getting low.

And, alcohol is addictive to people with those kinds of brains.
Sure, booze can be very destructive. I wasn't trying to make a pro-booze point.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:01 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

They are correct. If people want to escape reality by using drugs or getting drunk, then do it, but don't call it medicine, or medical treatment. Call it for what it is: getting high and getting drunk.
It has both.

As well as one that's not being discussed. Spiritual significance. Many religions use mind altering substances to achieve an altered state of consciousness.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,690,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If you don't want to use it, don't use it. But its used to treat other things than nausea in cancer patients. What about people who want to use it rather than anti-depressants? I used it medicinally right after my sister nearly died in a car accident to treat my depression and anxiety. I managed to continue running my businesses successfully. There were days where I didn't want to get out of bed.

Also, you don't have to smoke it to consume it. You can eat it as well.
And make tea from it.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:41 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,690,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
whats wrong with getting a little buzz??
"How dare you enjoy yourself!"

Old 02-17-2013, 02:03 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't say it was wrong, I said to call it for what it is.

the big gateway killers are legal>> Our view: When painkillers kill 2 people every hour, it's time to act - USATODAY.com

why worry about people smoking pot?? when people are dying left and right getting a buzz on pain killers..

Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Since marijauana is such a cure-all, a magical herb, how about eliminating Medicaid and Obamacare and just give the welfare types all the marijuana they want? They might not actually be cured but they won't care.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I am not a pro-pot legalization proponent but I find the hypocrisy astounding that on one hand the DEA is granting licenses to Big Pharma to produce medical marijuana and on the other the FDA claiming it has no medicinal use. It's all about the $$.

DEA allows big pharma to grow pot
But is that report really true??

Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You can count Ohio in with that. We couldn't even get medical weed on the ballot here!
I don't understand why elected politicians are so adamantly opposed to legalizing medical marijuana, unless they and their families have been abundantly blessed with great health with little pain, and so can not feel empathy for those who can't say the same.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
This kills me. I love how people that want to smoke weed just love to push weed cure all, its like snake oil!

When I had cancer every pothead friend of mine gave me weed. I decided to research and see if it was worth doing. I mean smoking weed should be fun(i had smoked previously in my life). My conclusions between cancer mssage boards, reports, and my doctor.....

Don't do it. It may interfere with some of my drugs, it will through off the blood tests that were being used to track my tumor markers, which in turn makes prescribing chemotherapy doses a lot harder, and potentially would require the doc to error on the highside giving you more chemo then needed and uneccesarrily making you sick.

Also I don't k.ow how anyone can logically say inhaling the fumes of anything burning is not just "not harmful" but actually "good" for you. What other thing in the world does anyone agree breathing.g the fumes of it burning is "good" for you. A forest fire is natural.... But smokeinhalation is harmful.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
You just gave a good reason for legalizing marijuana. So it's claims for cures and disease treatment can be more freely researched to confirm if they're true, or just a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies