Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If CCB had passed, would our Credit Rating have been cut?
Yes, it still would have. We're just in too deep. 55 36.18%
No. It would have shown we were serious about getting spending under control. 93 61.18%
I don't care, I want to keep spending like it's 1999. 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times

Advertisements

The Farce Is (Again) Complete: Former Obama Budget Chief Orszag Says Official Economic Projections "Too Optimistic" | ZeroHedge

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/07/2011 23:07 -0400

Quote:
And so the comedy circle is complete yet again after none other than former White House budget chief Peter Orszag throws cold water in the face of the White House, the Treasury and everyone else who has so far been so stupid to continue to deflect blame for America's horrendous fiscal situation purely on S&P and its "colossal $2 trillion mistake." Because if the guy who up until a year ago personally came up with the White House's voodoo numbers is telling you they are full of sh** (the numbers, not the White House), perhaps it does put the administration's claim that it is all S&P excel spreadsheet skills that are at fault, in a slightly different light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Makes you wonder why Obama's economic team bailed on him after he didn't listen to them.

That is leadership!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times

FORMER,i dont think i could rely on any FORMER FOR ANY INPUT

Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Because they warned both the Republicans and Democrats about excessive spending and raising the debt ceiling, but they didn't listen
Thats a lie.....they didnt warn anyone when people should have been warned they waited until december 08-09 to remove the muzzles they put on themselves

You know months ago there was a TP electee who relapse on TP principals, The TP said nothing

Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We're in danger of defaulting BECAUSE of our very high debt, it was foolish to pile more on. Very very foolish. And notice we didn't lose our credit rating while they were debating raising the debt, it was after the GOP caved in and raised the debt ceiling.

If we can't control our out-of-control spending, it's going to be controlled for us. Wild unrestrained spending cannot go on forever.
Exactly. We shouldn't even have the doubleAplus. We are borrowing 188 million every freaking hour.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Did you just say BLUE part of America? Does it ever end with you people? I live in Georgia. Lots of liberals do. Can we get beyond that tired out red state blue state crap?
You can spell state without a p or an r. That's convenient, as it allows both red and blue to exist within mutual civil boundaries, sharing parts of a territory. Maybe sharing is a red thing that Blue Baggers wouldn't understand.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, the ratings agencies were sure effective when it came to derivatives, now weren't they?

I would say they missed the boat on that one - to the tune of an international crisis. I guess they are trying to show they are "paying attention" now.

I am just one person, but I bet there are plenty of others who haven't forgotten that the ratings agencies were not astute enuff to see the house of cards in the mortgage industry. THey kinda lost their "standing" with me after that fiasco.
No slam intended, but what you and I kinda think doesn't mean squat in this context. The effect of the S&P pronunciamentos will cost billions in paper money among investors worldwide starting Monday.

Like it or not (and believe me, I don't), we have all put our eggs in the basket of an unelected fiscal barony, and given them near-Papal power. The consequences of our laziness and their greed are turning out to be more severe than anyone ever suspected.

Look for momentous changes in many major institutions, and soon. Or widespread disorder...

Old 08-07-2011, 11:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Thats a lie.....they didnt warn anyone when people should have been warned they waited until december 08-09 to remove the muzzles they put on themselves

You know months ago there was a TP electee who relapse on TP principals, The TP said nothing

Couldn't get Reid or Obama to sign the C,C & B deal, which would have halted all talks of a downgrade.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:40 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Both. The tea party and far right are hellbent on destroying the country at all costs.

Sorry but that was Nancy and Harry teamed up with Bubba Gump.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:46 PM

898 posts, read 828,180 times
God but the left is stupid. Really no point in any discussions with them, they simply need to be removed from any positions of power. They are brain dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies