Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If CCB had passed, would our Credit Rating have been cut?
Yes, it still would have. We're just in too deep. 55 36.18%
No. It would have shown we were serious about getting spending under control. 93 61.18%
I don't care, I want to keep spending like it's 1999. 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 07:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times

Advertisements

And keep in mind, the Tea Party did not win. Welfare programs for example were not touched. The debt ceiling was raised yet again. And of course any cuts made were going to be targetted at the productive sector and the military.

You can not keep penalizing only the productive sector and expect good outcomes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 07:22 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
A third option is not going to be fair to this poll. This is possibly going to be a core election issue next year.

Are people going to say, both parties suck, so I abstain from voting??

Somebody's gotta vote.
That might just choose someone who has always said we need to change our ways...

Old 08-06-2011, 07:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And keep in mind, the Tea Party did not win. Welfare programs for example were not touched. The debt ceiling was raised yet again. And of course any cuts made were going to be targetted at the productive sector and the military.

You can not keep penalizing only the productive sector and expect good outcomes.
The TEA party was an ideological group elected because of the disgust in Washington.

If washington isn't willing to move things along, then the radicals will become more and more prominent.

Don't worry, both parties got the message. Thats why the super committee was formed, bypass the TEA party.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:25 AM

773 posts, read 504,127 times
The political know it alls should have listened to the Tea Party. As it turns out, they were the only ones who had it right. They wanted to deal with this situaion right now and not kick it down the road again. The left with their typical FEAR MONGERING called it hostage taking. I call it common sense and found it refreshing.

Years of liberal fiscal policies brought us to this point. Obama's doubling down on the Pelosi/Reid/Dodd/Frank fiscal policies drove us off the cliff. Obama's hateful, angry rhetoric made it impossible to reach a deal.

I am not interested in compromise. I am interested in stopping this insane spending, PERIOD!

What a stain on Obama's legacy! The first POTUS ever to cause the downgrade of America's credit rating. That will ALWAYS be part of his resume now. Well, at least now he has a resume.

Hope & change baby. Hope and change. I guess there was change after all.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:27 AM

I love the mentality of Americans....must find someone to blame...because it sure can't be ME.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
The political know it alls should have listened to the Tea Party. As it turns out, they were the only ones who had it right. They wanted to deal with this situaion right now and not kick it down the road again. The left with their typical FEAR MONGERING called it hostage taking. I call it common sense and found it refreshing.

Years of liberal fiscal policies brought us to this point. Obama's doubling down on the Pelosi/Reid/Dodd/Frank fiscal policies drove us off the cliff. Obama's hateful, angry rhetoric made it impossible to reach a deal.

I am not interested in compromise. I am interested in stopping this insane spending, PERIOD!

What a stain on Obama's legacy! The first POTUS ever to cause the downgrade of America's credit rating. That will ALWAYS be part of his resume now. Well, at least now he has a resume.

APPLAUSE!!!!

Higher debt is what we got (some comrpomise), it's what's doing us in, it will destroy us.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
APPLAUSE!!!!

Higher debt is what we got (some comrpomise), it's what's doing us in, it will destroy us.
"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - Dave Ramsey

Old 08-06-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - Dave Ramsey

If we had cut the spending significantly we could have kept our credit rating.

We showed the world we're incapable, even with "compromise" to rein in spending in any significant way. Plus when all your cuts are on those people who paid into the system, not one cut in welfare programs it indicates you aren't even going to cut in any meaningful way.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post

It's unbelievable what the far right will believe. Clinton gave Bush the biggest surplus in US history to turn it into the biggest deficit. It takes a real idiot to pull that one off, but that's what happens when you give republicans complete control. They spend like lunatics and could care less about the country, just about bankrolling their corporate masters.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I'll blame both parties equally although anything bad you can say about Bush you can say the same about Obama and probably a little more.
If this doesn't wake people the %^&* up to the fact that we need to break the two party system and need to start looking at libertarian principles as our only means of survival, then the country is hopeless and maybe it does deserve to just fade away. There's a saying by one of the great minds of our times( aww, shucks ) " In the land of morons, the imbecile is king." We need to stop electing imbeciles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies