Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times

Advertisements

Go easy on Michelle...telling people what to eat is hard work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 04:11 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Talk about extreme...calling Michelle Obama a Marxist is not extreme?
Let us let Mrs Obama speak.....

Michelle Obama: First Time proud of USA - YouTube

Old 08-12-2011, 04:13 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Quite the adjectives there. I can feel your dislike of Missus O

Simply put. She is not a celebrity and she doesn't have to dress to impress, I bet.
It wouldn't even cross my radar except there have been apologists out there who like to talk about how "fashionable" she is - wh/ draws attention to how disheveled, unkempt and unmatched she looks.

I totally get that she should not have to look like a fashion plate every day. I wouldn't want to do that and I don't blame her for not wanting to. But shorts that are unflattering, wrinkled fabric, shirts w/ her bra straps showing, etc - it just looks pretty awful.

Now, I feel sure if she were working in corporate America she would make more of an effort . . .

I just dont' wanna have to see photos of her schlepping around - and you would think she wouldn't want these awful photos to be her legacy, either, LOL.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:22 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,409,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It wouldn't even cross my radar except there have been apologists out there who like to talk about how "fashionable" she is - wh/ draws attention to how disheveled, unkempt and unmatched she looks.

I totally get that she should not have to look like a fashion plate every day. I wouldn't want to do that and I don't blame her for not wanting to. But shorts that are unflattering, wrinkled fabric, shirts w/ her bra straps showing, etc - it just looks pretty awful.

Now, I feel sure if she were working in corporate America she would make more of an effort . . .

I just dont' wanna have to see photos of her schlepping around - and you would think she wouldn't want these awful photos to be her legacy, either, LOL.
She looks great when she's dressed up, but I agree her casual clothes aren't so great.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
What does this mean, 42 days on vacation? I didn't think she had a paying job! Does this mean 42 days out of DC? She gets SS protection in DC as well, that hardly counts as a travel expense. Well, I guess travel for the SS, but not their salaries.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:29 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
When she goes on vacation..one of her many taxpayer paid servants..should purchase dental floss, pack it and show her how to use it after eating lobster.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What does this mean, 42 days on vacation? I didn't think she had a paying job! Does this mean 42 days out of DC? She gets SS protection in DC as well, that hardly counts as a travel expense. Well, I guess travel for the SS, but not their salaries.
Is this about the most_____thread. The first lady is not a paid representative of the US. I don't understand how the opener missed this tidbit. Vacations are so good for people and I am sure she and the President look forward to relaxing with their family and friends.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:35 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
In this economy I'd respect her vacations more if they were also works of charity for such things as homeless shelters, impoverished families food pantry, recreation centers which offer job skills training, and other such things. They can vacation in Atlanta and do hands on charity work as well as host a fund raising party for the same charity. But in this type of economy, it strikes some as elitist and callous to go on extravagant vacations as many struggle to find work.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:37 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Who was watering her garden?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:40 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Who was watering her garden?
Probably whomever was available at the Home Depot parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies