Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It is not customary for a parent to sit in the room during a casting.

That is where the alleged abuses have been known to occur. As well as when the child is sent to be coached for jobs by a manager/agent, etc.

The parent doesn't sit in during coaching or casting sessions.
Well I was watching one of the child actors on tv the other day from Witches of Waverly Place being interviewed, and he was discussing that parents needed to be present due to child labor laws.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Well I was watching one of the child actors on tv the other day from Witches of Waverly Place being interviewed, and he was discussing that parents needed to be present due to child labor laws.
On set. But not during a casting.

You go on castings to be screened for potential jobs. There's no labor done there, no "work" it's like a "screen test".

On set there are teachers and chaparones and all sorts of people to look after the child's welfare on set.

NOT during a casting session, NOT during an acting class or coaching session with an acting coach, manager, or agent.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:30 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
NOT during a casting session, NOT during an acting class or coaching session with an acting coach, manager, or agent.
OK, so these people may say that during these "sessions" a child may be distracted if a parent is present........

however........

There is absolutetly NO REASON why the parents shouldn't be able to observe these sessions from nearby, in real time, using a "nannycam" system.

Parents need to start demanding it.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:33 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
This news doesn't surprise me. It's sad but Hollyweird is the land of the liberal perverts who want to teach the joys of sodomy to small children beginning in kindergarten. They call this being "progressive" and "leaning forward". They hate Middle America and how it "clings to guns and religion".

So, is there a video of this episode available online to watch?

Old 12-02-2011, 01:53 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
This news doesn't surprise me. It's sad but Hollyweird is the land of the liberal perverts who want to teach the joys of sodomy to small children beginning in kindergarten. They call this being "progressive" and "leaning forward". They hate Middle America and how it "clings to guns and religion".

So, is there a video of this episode available online to watch?
The ABC interview with Corey Feldman where he discussed "Hollywood's little secret" never aired.

There are only video links to excerpts of the interview on the article in the original post.

I'm inclined to believe that the last posts I included here about the casting director and talent agent never made news outside of Los Angeles.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:38 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
I posted about this scumbag a week or so ago. I think you are correct. This got very little coverage at least outside of southern California. I was amazed to read that this guy had gotten only 5 years for kidnapping, flying him across the country and sexually molesting a 7 year old boy. Then when he got released from that ridiculously short sentence, he moved to California, illegally changed his name without notifying the authorities and got a job in Hollywood working with children, showing how easy it is for these predators to work their way around the sex offender lists. I'm sure it helps to be applying for work in sex crazy/kids are our toys Hollywood. But, based on the news lately, it would have probably been easy for him to get work within the Boy Scouts, the Catholic Church, the Public School System or College Sports Teams.

Waaaaaaaaay too many Guys out there molesting young boys. Gotta be stopped.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
OK, so these people may say that during these "sessions" a child may be distracted if a parent is present........

however........

There is absolutetly NO REASON why the parents shouldn't be able to observe these sessions from nearby, in real time, using a "nannycam" system.

Parents need to start demanding it.
You cant demand anything once applying for job at a corporation. parents prolly have to sign a legal disclaimer when a kid gets hired at ICM. Look where the money is...and thats when "civil rights" fly out the window.

Always true in corporate law, sadly.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:17 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
You cant demand anything once applying for job at a corporation. parents prolly have to sign a legal disclaimer when a kid gets hired at ICM. Look where the money is...and thats when "civil rights" fly out the window.

Always true in corporate law, sadly.
Well then, I guess here is another instance where corporate America needs to be legislated into doing the right thing.

We just can't seem to get away from it.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Anytime a disclaimer is signed the job candidate is in the hands of that corporation. Civil rights have no power over a huge conglomerate, in a court of law.

It is yet another symptom of whats wrong here.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,142,623 times
It is clear that there is a sinister network in entertainment and sports. Most recently this has occurred with Penn State and another college in Ohio. There is a connection. A lot of these people are in the occult. Since Polanski was mentioned, he is an absolute scumbag and there have been theories that the murder of his wife and her friends by the Manson clan was some sort of Satanic sacrifice. Of course the scumbag denies this, but those of us in the know are onto him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies