Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 12:44 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
What the Al-Qaeda (CIA) backed rebels are trying to do... Declare a fake victory in Libya... set up a fake government... Then they will invite the U.S. to come in and take over... While they are still fighting Qaddafi... For the U.S., ...This needs to happen by October...
Why do you keep saying this needs to happen by October?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:25 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,049,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Why do you keep saying this needs to happen by October?
Sources reveal... A ground war would be neccessary by October 2011 to occupy Libya... Just like Iraq...

Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Damn, I wish they hadn't cut him off. That was great HC - I hope to God somebody is working on getting them out of there.

Media Manipulation: 'NATO in a hurry to wrap up war in Libya'

Yvonne Di Vito: We went to Libya on the 28th July and we came back on the 7th August and we found a totally different situation because NATO was bombarding civilians.

The bombings were not only carried out on military targets, but they also hit houses, hospitals, schools, television centers, and this was totally against the humanitarian reasons they said they were there for.

I believe they were doing this to bring panic in the city. That's why they were bombing the things that people use daily, like places with food and essential utilities like hospitals.

We also visited Libya before and what we found was a normal situation where people were fine. Differently from other countries that went through a revolution -- Libya is considered to be the Switzerland of the African continent and is very rich and schools are free for the people. Hospitals are free for the people. And the conditions for women are much better than in other Arab countries.

Media Manipulation: 'NATO in a hurry to wrap up war in Libya' - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 09:28 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:

Voltaire Network, Thursday, 25 August 25, 2011, 3:25 p.m. - The journalists who had been trapped inside the hotel Rixos in Tripoli since Sunday were evacuated yesterday, 24 August 2011, at 5 p.m, by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The four members of the Voltaire Network team - journalists Thierry Meyssan, Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya, Mathieu Ozanon and Julien Teil - were among them.
However, after their release, the rebels tried to detain Thierry Meyssan, well known for his articles exposing the crimes of NATO. The ICRC intervened to prevent his arrest.
The journalists were taken to another hotel, where they are no longer under ICRC protection.
The journalists have thus far been unable to reach the ship chartered by the International Organization for Migration (IOM), which is supposed to have already docked in Tripoli.
Voltaire Network is extremely concerned about the attitude showed by the NATO-sponsored "rebels" towards its journalists. It is hereby launching an international appeal to the international community urging for the protection of its journalists and for their safe departure from Libya.
Voltaire Network denounces attempt by the "rebels" to arrest Thierry Meyssan [Voltaire Network]
Um, I know...you linked this before and it's from august 25th. Yet, just 7 hours before this post on August 28th you thought they'd kill him if they could find him and hence "targeted killing" claims you were making earlier.

You have to understand that I'm confused in that you link to Voltaire but then seem to make claims completely at odds with their own events and reporting.

They *caught* Thierry 4 days ago and did nothing. They know exactly where he is and could arrest him and take him off to be beaten\shot etc. at any time and haven't. I'm at a loss as to how you are reaching your conclusions other than some sort of attention stunt?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:

Voltaire Network, Thursday, 25 August 25, 2011, 3:25 p.m. - The journalists who had been trapped inside the hotel Rixos in Tripoli since Sunday were evacuated yesterday, 24 August 2011, at 5 p.m, by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The four members of the Voltaire Network team - journalists Thierry Meyssan, Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya, Mathieu Ozanon and Julien Teil - were among them.
However, after their release, the rebels tried to detain Thierry Meyssan, well known for his articles exposing the crimes of NATO. The ICRC intervened to prevent his arrest.
The journalists were taken to another hotel, where they are no longer under ICRC protection.
The journalists have thus far been unable to reach the ship chartered by the International Organization for Migration (IOM), which is supposed to have already docked in Tripoli.
Voltaire Network is extremely concerned about the attitude showed by the NATO-sponsored "rebels" towards its journalists. It is hereby launching an international appeal to the international community urging for the protection of its journalists and for their safe departure from Libya.
Voltaire Network denounces attempt by the "rebels" to arrest Thierry Meyssan [Voltaire Network]
Something interesting I read...

The following letter by Baruch Levy to Karl Marx

"The Jewish people as a whole will be its own Messiah. It will attain world dominion by the dissolution of other races, by the abolition of frontiers, the annihilation of monarchy, and by the establishment of a world republic in which the Jews will everywhere exercise the privilege of citizenship. In this "new world order" the children of Israel will furnish all the leaders without encountering opposition. The Governments of the different peoples forming the world republic will fall without difficulty into the hands of the Jews. It will then be possible for the Jewish rulers to abolish private property, and everywhere to make use of the resources of the state. Thus will the promise of the Talmud be fulfilled, in which is said that when the Messianic time is come, the Jews will have all the property of the whole world in their hands"

from `La Revue de Paris', p. 574, June 1, 1928,

http://www.tribwatch.com/redshield.htm

The chief purpose of THE VOLTAIRE SOCIETY OF AMERICA INCORPORATED is to foster the spirit of the Enlightenment, tolerance and respect for the rights of the individual as exemplified by the life of Voltaire and as reflected in the beliefs of his contemporaries, the founders of the United States.

Acknowledged...

Last edited by HC475; 08-29-2011 at 07:46 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 11:00 PM

Gadhafi wins! - YouTube

Gadhafi wins! - YouTube

Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Gadaffi is going to provail to the point of his family running and hiding in Algeria.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, I know...you linked this before and it's from august 25th. Yet, just 7 hours before this post on August 28th you thought they'd kill him if they could find him and hence "targeted killing" claims you were making earlier.

You have to understand that I'm confused in that you link to Voltaire but then seem to make claims completely at odds with their own events and reporting.

They *caught* Thierry 4 days ago and did nothing. They know exactly where he is and could arrest him and take him off to be beaten\shot etc. at any time and haven't. I'm at a loss as to how you are reaching your conclusions other than some sort of attention stunt?
I'm getting this info about the same time I'm posting it - so I don't have much more understanding than you do. From what I've gathered, the International Red Cross got him out, or them out. That's about all I know. I have some questions about this too, but will wait for an update.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Gadaffi is going to provail to the point of his family running and hiding in Algeria.
Wouldn't you get out too, if you had a chance? It doesn't look like Gaddafi will prevail, but perhaps he and his family can survive.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Wow, that's powerful. I love this guy. Bless you Alexander Yeneck, stay safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies