Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
This is what you quoted. This is how our conversation started. The OP claims in order to get a license, she'd need to switch to corn syrup. I pointed out that was wrong which is true. You are talking about another option that she has. Ironically, you are proving that the OP is wrong again. She wouldn't need to pay big bucks in that case, she'd need to alter her recipe.
The inspector stated:
Quote:
Swanberg could continue to work without a license, Wilding said, if she used a premade ice cream mix that is usually formulated with stabilizers and other additives — the kind of thing typically used at Dairy Queens, Wilding noted.
So,does the premade ice cream mix as typically used at Dairy Queen use corn syrup or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
You were supportive of the war in Afghanistan and you were ok with Iraq once your troops landed there. I remember that conversation I had with you.
Off topic so this is all I will write on this.

Attacking Al Qaeda in Afghanistan was a good decision.
Nation building or remaining was not.

Once troops are engaged in the fight,it makes little sense to keep arguing over the reasons,it is a little late for that.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Really?
I doubt you will find that is the case.

You seem to support overbearing government control of people's lives....that stinks of nanny statism.
I want businesses to be regulated. I want safety regulations.
However, I don't think drugs should be illegal.

We have much more freedom here than in your country.

Prostitution, no speed limits, drinking age 16, nudist beaches, online gambling.
People are allowed to curse on national TV. We are not afraid of nipple slips. Somehow your fellow countrymen hate such a "liberal" world.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Sooo.............
Fresh strawberries in ice cream are bad.

Raw milk is bad.

Raw oysters are good.

Raw sushi is good.

Raw milk in EU nations is good,raw milk in the USA is bad.

Raw sheep's milk in Roquefort cheese is good in France but bad in the USA.

I LOVE the schizoid nature of nanny statists.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
The inspector stated:

So,does the premade ice cream mix as typically used at Dairy Queen use corn syrup or not?

Yes you can get premade ice cream mixes without corn syrup. I know that because I was researching mixes for Frozen Yogurt. Corn syrup is used as a sugar substitute. It is not a necessary part of the recipe.
Here is one just to shut you up. Even without sugar.

products

Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Sooo.............
Fresh strawberries in ice cream are bad.

Raw milk is bad.

Raw oysters are good.

Raw sushi is good.

Raw milk in EU nations is good,raw milk in the USA is bad.

Raw sheep's milk in Roquefort cheese is good in France but bad in the USA.

I LOVE the schizoid nature of nanny statists.
Since no one said that, you look like a fool. You don't even know that you can get products without corn syrup in your own country. And it doesn't matter what is typical or not, as long as she has an option to buy products without corn syrup. The blog was dishonest. You are being dishonest and immature. You are a troll.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Yes you can get premade ice cream mixes without corn syrup. I know that because I was researching mixes for Frozen Yogurt. Corn syrup is used as a sugar substitute. It is not a necessary part of the recipe.
Here is one just to shut you up. Even without sugar.

products
I will repost this,perhaps you do not have a good grasp on the English language.

The inspector stated:
Quote:
Swanberg could continue to work without a license, Wilding said, if she used a premade ice cream mix that is usually formulated with stabilizers and other additives — the kind of thing typically used at Dairy Queens, Wilding noted.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:13 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Quote:
I will repost this,perhaps you do not have a good grasp on the English language.

The inspector stated:
Quote:
yes
Quote:
Dairy Queen Vanilla Soft Serve: Milkfat and nonfat milk, sugar, corn syrup, whey, mono and diglycerides, artificial flavor, guar gum, polysorbate 80, carrageenan, and vitamin A palmitate.
IDQ
select the vanilla cone, then deselect the cone part to see the ingredient list for the ice cream only

Old 09-07-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:

The inspector stated:
Quote:
First of all, it doesn't say she has to use the exact same thing. And second, ask Dairy Queen whether they use corn syrup or not.
No where does it say that the premade ice cream mix has to contain corn syrup. The important thing are the stabilizers.

And its not my grasp of the english language that is the problem, its your lack of reading comprehension.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:20 AM

And btw, if she purchases a pasteurizer, she won't need to use the ice cream mix and therefore no corn syrup. Another lie from the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies