Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Why on earth would you make that bizarre leap?
Bizarre people make bizarre leaps perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 09:09 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
The guy is one of these people that wants small government when it suits him but big government when that suits his agenda. He is a hypocrite.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Actually you bringing up wars is off topic...

The link in the OP mentions raw milk....

Raw milk is considered safe by the EU.

Raw milk is unsafe according to the US gov.

Which one is wrong?
Milk and me is another whole story. I don't even want to get into that. I just wonder since when I am responsible for EU law? And how a current EU law represents by beliefs? Do you agree with every US law? Its flawed logic on your part.

Back to the ropic: I pointed out the flaws in the blog. The author is misleading the readers. That is all. This is not about whether raw milk is safe or not. If the regulation in the US says its unsafe, then producers have to use pasteurized milk. Whether they are Haagen Dasz or a small producer in Chicago.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I think for most of us, we are all tired of too much Government, in our lives, trying to dictate what we should and should not do.

But? is there any entity at all, who tells that Government what they can and cannot do!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Just as bizarre as thinking Strawberry syrup = corn syrup.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Just as bizarre as thinking Strawberry syrup = corn syrup.
Except the inspector did not state strawberry syrup....

From the news article:
Quote:
Swanberg could continue to work without a license, Wilding said, if she used a premade ice cream mix that is usually formulated with stabilizers and other additives — the kind of thing typically used at Dairy Queens, Wilding noted.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
The guy is one of these people that wants small government when it suits him but big government when that suits his agenda. He is a hypocrite.
Really?
I doubt you will find that is the case.

You seem to support overbearing government control of people's lives....that stinks of nanny statism.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:32 AM

To the nanny statists,should places serving raw oysters be forced to cook the oysters?

Should raw sushi restaurants be forced to not serve raw sushi?

Both are health hazards....

Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Except the inspector did not state strawberry syrup....

From the news article:
Quote:
Pay up big bucks (she can't afford), use corn syrup instead, or get shut down.

Here is the truth:

Swanberg says that the IDPH officer who visited told her that her ice cream probably wouldn’t pass the bacteria tests if she continued to use fresh strawberries. Instead the officer suggested she use "strawberry syrup," Swanberg said.

Don't see a mention of corn syrup (in the original article). Doesn't say anything about that she definitely has to replace the strawberrys. And since when is it a bad thing to have a proper licence. I want my doctor to have a licence as well.

IDPH spokesperson Melanie Arnold said that it isn’t illegal to use real strawberries but that IDPH “does not encourage it simply because when you try and clean a strawberry to make sure it doesn’t have any bacteria, it kind of deteriorates.”

Local ice cream makers could be shut down by state - Chicago Tribune
This is what you quoted. This is how our conversation started. The OP claims in order to get a license, she'd need to switch to corn syrup. I pointed out that was wrong which is true. You are talking about another option that she has. Ironically, you are proving that the OP is wrong again. She wouldn't need to pay big bucks in that case, she'd need to alter her recipe.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Really?
I doubt you will find that is the case.

You seem to support overbearing government control of people's lives....that stinks of nanny statism.
You were supportive of the war in Afghanistan and you were ok with Iraq once your troops landed there. I remember that conversation I had with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies