Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 07:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Well then.

We'll just vote for an American hating muslim wannabe.

Oh.

Never mind.

Yeah, those two already did that and are about to do it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 07:49 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't know...I think most R's will just go ahead and vote for whoever the nominee is, but I also think there are some (not a majority by any means, but a significant chunk) in the far right end of the R base who won't take that step--for them it's all about faith and idealogy vs. holding their nose to elect any old R. I'm just curious what they have to say about how they'll handle it. At least for the time being, the "powers that be" in the R party are putting their money behind Romney. Unless things change dramatically, he's going to be the nominee.
I think they will vote for him in the end too. The Republicans will turn heaven and earth on their head if necessary to get Obama out of office. Though, some far right christians will, of course not vote for him.

Why don't they just write in Jesus for president? Christians want him to run everything eventually.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Who? The guy that's been ordering the killing of violent muslims in an effort to keep Americans safe?
Would you like a list of Muslims that were killed by the Muslim Brotherhood because they dealt with Israel and the US. Not a list but do you remember when Saddat was assassinated by Muslims? Somehow it bothers me that you people don't realize that Muslims are ordered to kill anyone who is working against them. Oh well.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
And this church will lose it's tax exempt status when?

It appears they are a political organization, not a church... So let's get them to ante-up on their owed taxes.
Income tax laws are not retroactive. Keep trying though because you look so silly when you do that.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
That church's tax exempt status should be removed immediately.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Here's a little gem for ya.

I'm not a fan of fundamentalists myself, but it is just as wrong to restrict their political rights as it is for others.
Duck, boy, THEY will be after you now.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
They'd vote for him and claim it was "gods will"..That's their all encompassing apology for the nonsense that is their cult.
Naw. Herman is the blacker of the two.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
That church's tax exempt status should be removed immediately.
Has Obama appointed anyone who is likely to do that? Maybe the Congress should have to get together one time to do as you say. However, to do that may cause all churches, even mosques, to kick in and that would make all kinds of people very unhappy. Congressmen fear things like that.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:04 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,916,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I think they will vote for him in the end too. The Republicans will turn heaven and earth on their head if necessary to get Obama out of office. Though, some far right christians will, of course not vote for him.

Why don't they just write in Jesus for president? Christians want him to run everything eventually.
"ye shall not tempt the Lord your God, as ye tempted him in Massah."
Deuteronomy 6:16

Old 10-07-2011, 08:08 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
If I were Rick Perry, I would denounce this bigot and not want his endorsement. Also, not all Southern Baptists feel this way about Mormons. I am sure there are ignorant people in all denominations to some extent. A person's religion should not have anything to do with being President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies