Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:48 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times

Advertisements

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/1993/roll575.xml

BILL TITLE: NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT IMPLEMENTATION ACT

AYE NO
DEMOCRATIC 102 156
REPUBLICAN 132 43
INDEPENDENT 1
TOTALS 234 200

It appears that 102 "Democrats" and 132 Republicans approved the passage of NAFTA, whom are sellouts to this country.

Their masters are the Big Ceo's, the Big Banks on Wall Street etc that will benefit the most from this.

They are basically saying, we will do as we please and, "What are you punks going to do about it?"

They have their police state already setup and ready to expand if need be as they continue with their march toward more globalism, where they and their cronies will profit quite handsomely and gain more power to boot.

Cheney said the war on "terrorism" would not be ending in his lifetime.

If you fight back against globalism, you will be marked a terrorist!

Fortunately, whatever you may believe, the bible says it will end very badly for these cockroaches, and if your not a bible believer, at the very least history repeats itself, and this modern day empire will collapse like all others have with a vicious war for survival that will decimate the earth.

Nuclear Bombs exist, and mankind's stupidity will make sure one day they get put to use on a world wide scale. All weapons of war ever created throughout man's history have always been used, and the nuclear weapon is no different.

It's coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It was Clinton that pushed Nafta through and the unions were very angry.. they knew Clinton gave the unions the shaft and it Nafta did not pass on merit . It
passed when Clinton gave away bridges and favors for votes as he brought in senators and congressmen into his office... Ross Perot was fighting it tooth and nail but to no avail.. Ross Perot knew that jobs would go to Mexico and now we have this big problem of illegals over here.. they are trucked over the border too, hidden in trucks since Nafta came to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 06:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not scared to live in a nation full of Mexicans that can vote. That doesn't bother me at all. Hell, i've lived in this country for 46 years as a black man, and it's been majority white the whole time. Those white folks have a vote too! If i can live with that, why can't i live with a growing Hispanic population?

I'm not a bigot. Makes me no nevermind what the racial composition of this country is.
The illegals don't want to become American citizens, they want to take the United States over as Mexico.

I am not a bigot. I think that the birthright of Americans has been cheapened to be worth nothing today.Even African Americans are being left out of what is their fair standing in the USA because of the illegal immigration taking place. It has nothing to do with being a bigot..
The drug cartels will come too. All the states will first look like California, broke and if you think we have high unemployment now , just wait... it will get worse and with much higher umemployment, we will have NO TAX BASE to fund anything including social security, welfare and food stamps. The poor will grow in huge numbers as well as the homeless and no one will be able to help, not even the government.. the glory days are gone for this nation.

With taxing the rich which will probably have to happen because of our huge debt, the rich will leave by huge numbers going to countries that are growing and they can make money there and take their businesses there. This country will slide down into poverty and nothing will be able to bring it back.

The middleclass will also be leaving if they have the means.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:35 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
I wonder why we have no jobs for the American working class.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/1993/roll575.xml

BILL TITLE: NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT IMPLEMENTATION ACT

AYE NO
DEMOCRATIC 102 156
REPUBLICAN 132 43
INDEPENDENT 1
TOTALS 234 200

It appears that 102 "Democrats" and 132 Republicans approved the passage of NAFTA, whom are sellouts to this country.

Their masters are the Big Ceo's, the Big Banks on Wall Street etc that will benefit the most from this.

They are basically saying, we will do as we please and, "What are you punks going to do about it?"

They have their police state already setup and ready to expand if need be as they continue with their march toward more globalism, where they and their cronies will profit quite handsomely and gain more power to boot.

Cheney said the war on "terrorism" would not be ending in his lifetime.

If you fight back against globalism, you will be marked a terrorist!

Fortunately, whatever you may believe, the bible says it will end very badly for these cockroaches, and if your not a bible believer, at the very least history repeats itself, and this modern day empire will collapse like all others have with a vicious war for survival that will decimate the earth.

Nuclear Bombs exist, and mankind's stupidity will make sure one day they get put to use on a world wide scale. All weapons of war ever created throughout man's history have always been used, and the nuclear weapon is no different.

It's coming
Trade Votes Blur Line Between Democrats and Republicans | Economy In Crisis

Trade Votes Blur Line Between Democrats and Republicans

by Karl Rusnak on October 12, 2011 - 11:54am
Congress is unfortunately expected to pass the pending free trade agreements with Korea (KORUS), Panama and Colombia today. While many Democrats are expected to vote against the deals, some will vote for them, along with their Republican counterparts. With President Obama’s support of the deals added in, this blurs the line between what constitutes Democratic and Republican policies and offers voters little choice on matters of trade.
Democrats have traditionally been the party that has looked out for the American worker. This is why unions have traditionally supported Democratic candidates. But in recent years Democrats have begun to act more like Republicans on trade issues. NAFTA was the first major example of this, with Democratic President Bill Clinton taking up the Republican negotiated bill as his own and shepherding it through Congress for approval. Now President Obama has followed suit by taking up KORUS along with the Panama and Colombia deals.
President Obama’s campaign rhetoric would have led voters to believe he would be an improvement on trade issues over his predecessors. He spoke out against his primary election opponent’s support of NAFTA, and spoke out against the trade agreements he is currently pushing. But since taking office he has moved on to what should be the fringe wing of the Democratic Party: the supporters of free trade.
Democrats were always able to draw in working class Americans because they supported policies that directly supported that group of constituents. But instead of shoring up their position by opposing free trade issues, Democrats have become free trade apologists. Many of them vote for free trade while voting for assistance programs to help unemployed workers find new jobs. They recognize that free trade is destroying jobs, but tell displaced workers that they will somehow have a better life in their new service sector jobs (if they can find those).
It is no wonder the AFL-CIO is choosing not to contribute money directly to candidates anymore, because there are few candidates who can be trusted to consistently to act in a way that supports workers. There is no safe choice on trade in elections. Unless Democrats stop their march to the political center and reestablish themselves as a party that supports working Americans, a third party will need to emerge that can do what needs to be done on trade. Eventually the ramifications of destructive free trade agreements will catch up with both parties, and there will be a political backlash.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
This free trade stuff was great in theory, but Ross Pero and the unions were right. It's killed our working class.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
It's sad for the American people that so many of both parties have no concern whatsoever for the American people or for jobs for our people. A bunch of sell-outs in both parties that should be targeted to lose relection.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The illegals don't want to become American citizens, they want to take the United States over as Mexico.

I am not a bigot. I think that the birthright of Americans has been cheapened to be worth nothing today.Even African Americans are being left out of what is their fair standing in the USA because of the illegal immigration taking place. It has nothing to do with being a bigot..
The drug cartels will come too. All the states will first look like California, broke and if you think we have high unemployment now , just wait... it will get worse and with much higher umemployment, we will have NO TAX BASE to fund anything including social security, welfare and food stamps. The poor will grow in huge numbers as well as the homeless and no one will be able to help, not even the government.. the glory days are gone for this nation.

With taxing the rich which will probably have to happen because of our huge debt, the rich will leave by huge numbers going to countries that are growing and they can make money there and take their businesses there. This country will slide down into poverty and nothing will be able to bring it back.

The middleclass will also be leaving if they have the means.
Look, i'm sympathetic to your view, but i just don't see it that way. Every ethnic group in history that came here in droves scared the hell out of the rest of the country. The difference this time is that this wave has more melanin than the previous ones. But at the end of the day, the country is resilient and will persevere regardless.

Again, i've lived under white domination of the country as a black man, and i've done ok. Why should i fear Mexicans? Hell, looking back over American history, seems to me that i should have a lot more to fear from white folks moreso than anyone else. Now let me make it quite clear that i have no such fears....i'm simply not a fearful person. But if i'm gonna fear anyone, i can make a better case to fear other ethnic groups moreso than Hispanics.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That sounds about right, however, the mexican driver will not speak English and it will be the responsibility of the police officers to learn spanish.
A requirement to drive a commercial vehicle in the USA is that you MUST both speak and read English.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
"That sound of sucking jobs right out of America"
I don`t think anyone hear understands the rules regarding both Canadian and Mexican trucks in the USA. When either a Canadian or a Mexican truck takes a load from their country and delivers it in the USA They either have to go home empty or take a Load to Mexico. They are not allowed to pick up loads and deliver them in the USA. What that means is that the USA id going to be shipping lot of stuff to Mexico. A lot more than at present. That is good for the USA anyway you want to look at it.

When I was doing mostly US runs. I would usually pick up my Canadian load no more than 50 miles from the border in Canada. That is just the way it is because most of Canadas population lives 50 miles or less from the border. We would take those loads way into the USA, lots of times all the way to the far south. Same thing coming back. A thousand miles in the USA and less than 100 in Canada. Over 90% of my miles in 5 years on the road were in the USA. That situation is where the inequality between us truckers in Canada and Canadian truckers in the USA.

I know you must be thinking , so what is the relavence to the discussion about Mexican trucks in the USA. Well, I do not see a whole lot of difference between the two. We have bad trucks and bad truckers here too but they do not get to truck in the USA. If they squeak by somehow they will soon be nabbed for something and banned from the country.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look, i'm sympathetic to your view, but i just don't see it that way. Every ethnic group in history that came here in droves scared the hell out of the rest of the country. The difference this time is that this wave has more melanin than the previous ones. But at the end of the day, the country is resilient and will persevere regardless.

Again, i've lived under white domination of the country as a black man, and i've done ok. Why should i fear Mexicans? Hell, looking back over American history, seems to me that i should have a lot more to fear from white folks moreso than anyone else. Now let me make it quite clear that i have no such fears....i'm simply not a fearful person. But if i'm gonna fear anyone, i can make a better case to fear other ethnic groups moreso than Hispanics.
trying to ignore your blatant racism, i will address the topic.

what we are seeing is congressional representatives (and posters) who could care less about america and americans.

you keep supporting the destruction of the taxpayer base in this country and the IMPORTATION OF LOW WAGE EARNERS, and see what happens to the economy of the country.

too many workers equal "too low wages" for everyone. (and not enough taxpaying....)

that's a lose-lose deal.

maybe you should be a little fearful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies