Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 02:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
A book that divides Amerca, designating some as pinheads and others as patriots, sent to the guys who are risking their lives for all Americans. Yeah, that's real classy
So is a book about pigs being the smartest farm yard animals.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:19 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Some idiot teabagger decided to send a box of Bill O'Reilly's worthless "Pinheads and Patriots" book to our brave men serving in a very remote location in Afghanistan instead of things the soldiers would actually need like say... food, clothes, soap etc.

Like any sensible human being would, the soldiers decided to burn the worthless volumes of right wing propaganda. While I'm not a fan of book burning, I definitely make an exception in this case. The person who sent the books is a total teabagger political hack who has no concern for the well being of our troops whatsoever besides advancing their own narrow political agenda.

Here is the story:

Bill O'Reilly Book Burned By Soldiers In Afghanistan (PHOTOS)

Honestly speaking, I don't see any use for O'Reilly's books besides possibly using them as toilet paper. Given that the pages are hardly tp material, burning them seems like the only logical thing to do.

I applaud the soldiers for doing this. Whoever sent the books owes the soldiers and our military an apology. That's my two cents.
normally, leftists shriek like 11-year-old girls at a justin bieber concert at the very thought of book-burning.

yet here is one who cheers it

Old 10-21-2011, 02:20 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Liberal are only wanting to exchange their ideas not to exchange all ideas

Makes it hard to lie when everyone is allowed a say.

In this case, the entire thread is based on a lie.

Here's what this anonymous and allegedly gay soldier serving in Afghanistan wrote...

"I’ve read people’s squeamishness about setting books ablaze. I hear you. The motivation behind the order to burn them was not political. As mentioned in the original post, we are in an extraordinarily remote location. We don’t have a post office here, so sending them back wasn’t an option. Extra space is scarce and alternatives that a few mentioned, like recycling, are nonexistent. All waste is burned on the base and in town; wood and paper goes in that barrel. I was getting rid of a bunch of cardboard boxes and the books were in the burn pile. There were 20 of them. I saved one for the bookshelf. I’m aware of the historical implications of book-burning. I won’t say I didn’t take pleasure in removing a few copies of this bigoted twerp’s writings from circulation, but the reason for doing so was military necessity."

http://ever*****.tumblr.com/post/116...6/book-burning

Liberal desperation is hilarious!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:26 PM

753 posts, read 843,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
anonymous and allegedly gay soldier
Where did you see this?

Or are you just another hater??

Old 10-21-2011, 02:41 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,408 times
Wow, a GAY soldier burned Bill O'reilly's book, ya don't say? The majority of soldiers overseas are fairly conservative and agree with Bill. When I was in Iraq, the highlight of our day was when we got to watch Him at the DFAC while eating.

The soldier who did this is the pinhead. I would have loved someone to send me one of his books on my many boring nights in the desert.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:41 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times
I kind of begrudgingly like O'Reilly. Everytime I see him on the Daily Show, he and John Stewart have disagreements but are respectful towards each other. And I don't believe that he's that far right, either. He's definitely not a Coulter or a Hannity (the first I think is a comedian, the second is pretty far out there), but more like the crotchety old guy who wants you to stay the hell off of his lawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies