Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 08:20 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,136 times

Advertisements

Some idiot teabagger decided to send a box of Bill O'Reilly's worthless "Pinheads and Patriots" book to our brave men serving in a very remote location in Afghanistan instead of things the soldiers would actually need like say... food, clothes, soap etc.

Like any sensible human being would, the soldiers decided to burn the worthless volumes of right wing propaganda. While I'm not a fan of book burning, I definitely make an exception in this case. The person who sent the books is a total teabagger political hack who has no concern for the well being of our troops whatsoever besides advancing their own narrow political agenda.

Here is the story:

Bill O'Reilly Book Burned By Soldiers In Afghanistan (PHOTOS)

Honestly speaking, I don't see any use for O'Reilly's books besides possibly using them as toilet paper. Given that the pages are hardly tp material, burning them seems like the only logical thing to do.

I applaud the soldiers for doing this. Whoever sent the books owes the soldiers and our military an apology. That's my two cents.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:23 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
I can't even begin to fathom the pure epicness of this. I'm telling everyone.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:23 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Some idiot teabagger decided to send a box of Bill O'Reilly's worthless "Pinheads and Patriots" book to our brave men serving in a very remote location in Afghanistan instead of things the soldiers would actually need like say... food, clothes, soap etc.

Like any sensible human being would, the soldiers decided to burn the worthless volumes of right wing propaganda. While I'm not a fan of book burning, I definitely make an exception in this case. The person who sent the books is a total teabagger political hack who has no concern for the well being of our troops whatsoever besides advancing their own narrow political agenda.

Here is the story:

Bill O'Reilly Book Burned By Soldiers In Afghanistan (PHOTOS)

Honestly speaking, I don't see any use for O'Reilly's books besides possibly using them as toilet paper. Given that the pages are hardly tp material, burning them seems like the only logical thing to do.

I applaud the soldiers for doing this. Whoever sent the books owes the soldiers and our military an apology. That's my two cents.
I am surprised this is actually news. I mean what else would a person do with an O'Reilly book.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Awesome! I can't imagine any author I'd be less inclined to read. Actually, I guess it would be a toss up between O'Reiley, Palin, and the rest of the Fake News talking heads.

But, really, if you're going to go to the trouble and expense to send something to our troops, for god's sakes! make it something useful.

I hope they at least got some use from the fire - keeping warm or roasting marshmallows or something.

And before I get flamed because I'm promoting censorship - I call bullcrap. What these soldiers did was burn something that belonged to them and was not an attempt on their part to make the books unavailable to those stupid enough to want to read it. Big diff.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:29 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Makes me want to buy a case of Obama's books and send them to our troops. Give them some real trash to burn! But, ya gotta wonder, just how well does self serving BS burn? Seems like it could be tough to light it.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:33 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Newman0 View Post
your dumb. They don't need clothes. They these things called uniforms. I have sent many many boxes over there and have never sent clothes

For future reference, they don't want O'Reilly books.

Also O'Reilly is not a far right guy. Only a stupid lefty would say that. Its just so simple to call you loons out.

Far right is relative, if you are saying he is not as far right as mussolini then I would have to agree.

OBTW I thought the great one was going to stop the wars. Funny how my nephew just got sent over there. Obama said he would stop the wars.

You mean Obama lied right. I'll be wating for the Obama lied about the wars thread from you. LOLOLOLOLOL oh thats right Obama can do no wrong. This is why people think liberals are stupid.
What exactly were his campaign promises regarding the wars in the middle east. I am not saying you are wrong, but if you could provide a cite of what he actually said, that would be helpful

Old 10-20-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Newman0 View Post
your dumb. They don't need clothes. They these things called uniforms. I have sent many many boxes over there and have never sent clothes

Also O'Reilly is not a far right guy. Only a stupid lefty would say that. Its just so simple to call you loons out.

OBTW I thought the great one was going to stop the wars. Funny how my nephew just got sent over there. Obama said he would stop the wars.

You mean Obama lied right. I'll be wating for the Obama lied about the wars thread from you. LOLOLOLOLOL oh thats right Obama can do no wrong. This is why people think liberals are stupid.
I see that many teabaggers are upset over this. Even sweeter for me...

Old 10-20-2011, 08:42 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
This thread made my night, now if only the Cardinals can hang on.....

Old 10-20-2011, 08:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
So some soldiers burned O'Reilly's book and you love the troops for that? Do you also love the troops who didn't burn the books and put their lives on the line for you each day?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
So some soldiers burned O'Reilly's book and you love the troops for that? Do you also love the troops who didn't burn the books and put their lives on the line for you each day?
Of course I do pommysmommy. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies