Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 07:46 PM

5 posts, read 3,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
I never said anything of the sort. I'm comfortable, yes, but I would never consider myself on the "top tier". The air is way too stuffy up there for my taste anyway.

So this is a brand new ID you've got there, but you seem to know some of my history. Interesting, yes.

...and if you got married 23 years ago sweetie, there's nobody waiting in line for you holding a bag of nuts, trust me. Better head down to the cougar bar if you're looking for some attention.
No great mystery. The information about you is in the thread, and that fancy degree I earned so many years ago means - wait for it - I can read! And no need for me to head down to the local bar. I don't drink, and I get all the attention I need right here at home from my husband, who adores my thighs, and his opinion is the only one I care about.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:50 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
I never said anything of the sort. I'm comfortable, yes, but I would never consider myself on the "top tier". The air is way too stuffy up there for my taste anyway.

So this is a brand new ID you've got there, but you seem to know some of my history. Interesting, yes."""

Well ya been blubberin' about it for twenty pages

"""...and if you got married 23 years ago sweetie, there's nobody waiting in line for you holding a bag of nuts, trust me. Better head down to the cougar bar if you're looking for some attention.
OOOhhh, she pushed your button, too ...and the pouting starts...LOL! Do you kick your feet at the same time?

Old 10-30-2011, 07:51 PM

1,147 posts, read 910,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debtfreeme View Post
No great mystery. The information about you is in the thread, and that fancy degree I earned so many years ago means - wait for it - I can read! And no need for me to head down to the local bar. I don't drink, and I get all the attention I need right here at home from my husband, who adores my thighs, and his opinion is the only one I care about.
Uh huh, lol. Well, good for you! I'm so glad you're happy with a trivial existence. Not many people could be satisfied with that, but I see you've found a way to make it work for you.

Congratulations

Old 10-30-2011, 08:01 PM

5 posts, read 3,554 times
You don't know enough about me to determine whether or not my life is trivial, but the last twenty or so pages of this thread have revealed your misogyny and enormous inferiority complex beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Later guys. I have more important things to do than argue with jerks.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:11 PM

1,147 posts, read 910,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debtfreeme View Post
You don't know enough about me to determine whether or not my life is trivial, but the last twenty or so pages of this thread have revealed your misogyny and enormous inferiority complex beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Later guys. I have more important things to do than argue with jerks.
Kiss-kiss, bye-bye Tell'em all down at the country club that I said hello.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I dunno, Big. She has three boys under the age of 5. I'll give her this. She's a great mom and keeps a clean house. She has a rigid routine she runs the boys through, which includes plenty of instruction to get them prepared for school. Her job is still laughably easy compared to what most of us do for our daily bread. Again, I mean no disrespect to stay-at-homes. If that's what works for you and yours, great -- just spare me the details of your *hard* life.
Anyone with three boys under five who is a great mom and keeps a clean house is not spending most of her time on facebook or any other online stuff.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:42 AM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Why does it seem like our most liberal friends are hostile to women and the role they decide for themselves? That's what being a liberal is all about...
Nothing to do with "liberals"...but nice try. Again.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 AM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
I've had some pretty cushy work for pay outside the home before. Way easier than being home with kids all day. I don't even get this debate.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:53 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,141,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My daughter and I were discussing how things are different now than when her father and I married years ago. We decided the biggest difference was working mothers. The lifestyle that could be purchased with one salary now requires two.
I'd say American business gets 2 employees for the price of one.
What is the point of having children when they have to be in daycare 1/2 their lives?
And that daycare eats up a big chunk of the wife's earnings. Then, the rest goes to her career wardrobe, makeup, her own car and its expenses, and lunches out. How much more is left after paying the costs that cover her working mother lifestyle?

OTOH, when I was a kid, my mother worked and dropped me off at babysitters' houses. Those women were the laziest, sloppiest excuses for housewives. They'd still be in their robes, slippers, hair in curlers most of the day. Watch the morning news. Then, late morning game shows. Maybe make the beds and wash their hair in the kitchen sink and put the curlers in again. Make some sandwiches. Yack on the phone with friends. Then make us take naps while they watched soaps. Make us play outside. Then give us a snack while they watched late afternoon talk shows. Then brush their hair and get dinner ready for their families.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:43 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,344,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I dunno, Big. She has three boys under the age of 5. I'll give her this. She's a great mom and keeps a clean house. She has a rigid routine she runs the boys through, which includes plenty of instruction to get them prepared for school. Her job is still laughably easy compared to what most of us do for our daily bread. Again, I mean no disrespect to stay-at-homes. If that's what works for you and yours, great -- just spare me the details of your *hard* life.
I wonder if you realize how much work goes into getting the house to run like that in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies