Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 03:32 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
You've basically described Homer Simpson. And I agree, we're dealing with a pack of Homers here.
Doh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you were old enough to remember the visceral hatred of Bill Clinton or non-partisan enough to remember claims of George Bush blowing up levees you'd have never written that.

It's also important to note that a few % of americans have actual mental illnesses like early onset dementia as well as substance abuse issues, schizophrenia and so forth.....and they have access to computers.
Hell, I'm old enough to remember JFK.

But, yes, I remember very well the hatred of the right towards Clinton, going as far as to accuse him of murder (Vince Foster).

I am a child of the sixties and seventies and I am not unfamiliar with substance abuse. I like to think, though, that I have enough brain cells left to have a little common sense. Unlike several of the posters on this thread.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:28 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes... dumb enough to believe that.

The Founders and Framers, the Congress of the United States, the Supreme Court of the United States, every living Constitutional expert or authority, and most recently, the Congressional Research Service:

Spreading lies again..

The 1875 U.S. Supreme Court decision, Minor v. Happersett, the court defined “natural-born citizens” as “all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens.”

This trumps the silly so called Congressional Research report and any distortions posted by Obots.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:36 PM

Sheriff Arpaio: “I’ve got a gut feeling there’s a little cover-up … We’re not out to hang anybody. I’m just doing my job.”

He continues...

"If it affects the whole nation, that’s not my fault. I think people deserve to know the real story. Maybe there’s nothing to it. But, I don’t know. It doesn’t look good.”

When questioned why Congress wasn’t looking into the issue, the Sheriff said “Who are you going to bring in, the FBI, the justice department? (met with laughter) I just want to get to the bottom of this to get the truth out.”

“My guys are pretty good. Forget the birth certificate. We’re looking at other things. We’re going to do something – I promise you" opined the Sheriff.

It is my understanding the Sheriff may believe Mr. obama is an illegal alien. It was discovered...after the election Mr. obama's father was deported and he has illegal alien relatives in the US.

It should not surprise us Mr. obama is an illegal alien.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
This trumps the silly so called Congressional Research report and any distortions posted by Obots.
have you found a competent constitutional attorney to champion your cause yet?

Old 12-07-2011, 06:41 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
“My guys are pretty good. Forget the birth certificate. We’re looking at other things. We’re going to do something – I promise you" opined the Sheriff.
that's great. is he still planning on releasing a report next month?

Old 12-07-2011, 06:47 PM

Lets take a moment what a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court said..not what an Obot said..

Chief Justice Fuller:

Book I, c.19, § 212.

“The true bond which connects the child with the body politic is not the matter of an inanimate piece of land, but the moral relations of his parentage. . . .

The place of birth produces no change in the rule that children follow the condition of their fathers, for it is not naturally the place of birth that gives rights, but extraction.”

Before the Revolution, the view of the publicists had been thus put by Vattel:

The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers,”

Old 12-07-2011, 06:50 PM

We have more than one Chief Justice of the Supreme Court defining a natural born citizen is born to citizen parents. Pay no attention to the Obots they seek not the truth.

Chief Justice Waite:

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also.

These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:52 PM

What..we have more..Justice of the Supreme Court Daniel said..

Before the Revolution, the view of the publicists had been thus put by Vattel:

The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.

The society is supposed to desire this in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation, and it is presumed as matter of course that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it.

The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children, and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent.

We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born.

I say that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:55 PM

The obots never seek the truth..they only distort the history of the Supreme Court..here we see..another example what the Justices really said.

Justice Nathan Clifford

Justice Noah Swayne

Justice Samuel Miller

Justice David Davis

Justice Stephen Field

Justice William Strong

Justice Joseph Bradley

Justice Ward Hunt

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also.

These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies